Game Day 2023 Grand Final - Pies v Lions

Who will win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I completely disagree. The Sidebottom 50 was paid by an umpire with no feel for the game. Berry obviously made contact and Sidebottom was smart to easily go to ground. But I’m not paying that late in a grand final. I felt shafted for the lions myself when that was paid
What???..

you cant be serious.

Berry wasnt in the marking contest.. he then grabbed sidebottom and took him to ground.

that was a 50m penalty everyday of the week and twice on sundays..

Was paying $101 on friday
Shocked George Costanza GIF

Like soccer then? The ref will indicate advantage by holding their arm out and if they think the team didn't get an advantage they call the ball back.
Yeah, pretty much. I’m sure there might be situations where it’s less than ideal - though I can’t think when - but it would be a damn sight better than the present state of affairs…

The whistle really should only be blown if play is actually going to be stopped, otherwise let the game flow.

How the hell did Sidebottom kick a set shot goal from outside 50? Have never seen him kick it that far!
A hell of a kick with four minutes left on tired legs in near 30 degree heat!

For a good game with pretty high skill, there were quite a few players that had shocking games.

Frampton goes without saying.

Starcevic was putrid except for one contested mark.

Berry and zorko both stunk.

Neale invisible for most of the game. A dual Brownlow medallist should be having way more influence on the game.

Cox very average.

Hipwood even worse.

I was curious about that 'full house' sign that came up when they announced the attendance at 100,024 - I didn't believe it could possibly be exactly full. But I looked it up - that's two more than the attendance in 2018, it's the biggest-ever crowd in the current MCG configuration, and according to Wikipedia 100,024 is precisely the capacity of the ground.

View attachment 1818558

Most of those who attended the 2017 granny would be in the Wikipedia photo somewhere - lol.

Was also 100,024 last year
100,014 in 2019
100,022 in 2018
100,021 in 2017
100,007 in 2013
100,016 in 2010
100,012 in 2008

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How the hell did Sidebottom kick a set shot goal from outside 50? Have never seen him kick it that far!

Could be the heat?. More air pressure inside the ball perhaps?

Or is it just the determination? .... I must kick this.

Thought Crisp was best for Collingwood, but it was hard to pick as no one really stood out. That's why Hill got the norm Smith.
Hill ended up being the match-winner even if his second half was quiet. The most consistent over the four quarters though was probably Crisp, but there's a reason Bobby won it.

It definitely felt that there were quite a few passengers out there today, especially for Brisbane (although WHE and Ginnivan both stunk too). The plastic bag that Daicos caught would be in the top 10 most impactful things on the field today.

Well then. I’ve learned something tonight

There was a period of time when the club would give the board 50 odd tickets from their promotional number for each home game, and in exchange we provided a grog squad and made some noise.

Who was the worst behaved or is that classified information

I don't think he was badly behaved per say, but this was in the days before our reserves team and before he had renounced the Crows- raboyle goes hard at games.

Most of the posters from those days aren't really around any more, so not a lot I can embarrass.

Was also 100,024 last year
100,014 in 2019
100,022 in 2018
100,021 in 2017
100,007 in 2013
100,016 in 2010
100,012 in 2008
I forgot last year. I find it interesting that they managed to reach the exact capacity two years in a row now - as if they're getting better at filling up the ground. Brisbane, Geelong and Sydney aren't exactly huge clubs. The last time an MCG granny failed to crack the 100,000 mark was 2016. From my understanding, the slight variability in grand final attendance is due to some MCC members not turning up.

I know Billy probably isn’t losing any sleep over this opinion but I didn’t like his celebration on the dais.

He played like a f*cking donkey, he should’ve been more humble.
The worst players always celebrate the hardest

Aaron Keating was the same … makes you look like a buffoon

I think it proves once again when people say ‘ we can’t win a grand final with him in our team ‘ …. That’s the biggest load of tripe possible

You need 6-7 star senior players like collingwood has and was proven with feats like Sidebottom , Crisp , Howe , Pendlebury last quarter etc then some dynamic young players like Hill and the last 2 or 3 don’t matter a helluva lot unless they can’t keep the defensive structure

We need 6-7 star senior players and won’t have them anytime soon … shame as Tex is one

Mason Cox is going to be an even bigger flog now that he's won a flag isn't he?

If you are running with the conspiracy theory that the AFL fixes the outcome of matches then I think you should bring some evidence to the table. Fair request I would’ve thought!
Read my comment again. I did not say that. Stop arguing against a point that nobody has made.

Back