2nds Crows in SANFL season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Either Peter Motley is taller than I remember, has big heals on his shoes, or old 'tractor brain' Davies has shrunk a bit. His marking ability was sensational, taking many unbelievable screamers, but he had the all round class to go with it. Motley was one of the most exciting and naturally gifted players I have had the pleasure of watching. Pity we did not get the chance to see how high his ceiling actually was. Great to see him laughing and enjoying himself.
Rick was only ever about 6'1", 6'2". Very lucky I got to see both play.
Mots goes to every Sturt game, always smiling and good for a joke.

Port have announced re-Signing of Summerton and a whole lot of other players some from Interstate. Looks like SANFL have changed the rules. It even says Summerton can now play every match as both Port and Crows once again will be able to sign a Marquee player. I can find it written yet except on the Port Board but if this is the case who should we look at as our Marquee player

Port have announced re-Signing of Summerton and a whole lot of other players some from Interstate. Looks like SANFL have changed the rules. It even says Summerton can now play every match as both Port and Crows once again will be able to sign a Marquee player. I can find it written yet except on the Port Board but if this is the case who should we look at as our Marquee player
Might depend on the rules they make for us, which could be anything. If they do the same rules as before where they have to have previously played for us, we probably don't have a ton of choices ATM.

Personally I liked the development rule we had on taking 2 undrafted 18 year olds, so hopefully they keep that.

Might depend on the rules they make for us, which could be anything. If they do the same rules as before where they have to have previously played for us, we probably don't have a ton of choices ATM.

Personally I liked the development rule we had on taking 2 undrafted 18 year olds, so hopefully they keep that.

Yep, we have a different set of rules to follow compared to Port Adelaide.

We may not even get the option to sign a marquee player.

Yep, we have a different set of rules to follow compared to Port Adelaide.

We may not even get the option to sign a marquee player.
Can probably guarantee the SANFL won't allow us a marquee signing. I had thought Port were losing all their extra allowances and like us had to recruit top up players from the SAAFL. The fact they've kept Summerton, signed a player from WWT and Centrals and recruited non-draftees from Gold Coast and Bendigo would tell me that's not the case, though I imagine the latter two are from the rule that we used last year on Murphy and Lever.

I am trying to get an answer on this. I emailed 5aa who dont know but said they will try and find out. I have tweeted Zac Milbank, Mark Riccuito and Fages to see if I get an answer. Would be great if we could recruit someone from like the VFL or something to come and captain the SANFL side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That seems like a huge increase.

Off topic, 10 years on Bigfooty for me. It's been real.
Congratulations on your 10 years.

I just checked and it will be coming up 10 for me next April. How time flies!

I remember early on congratulating the Crows for choosing Dangerfield over Ebert. It is still my mantra for the club. Back ones judgment rather than follow the herd mentality!

He's settling in well at Centrals - apparently he needed a lot of convincing to stay in SA because of the abuse he copped from people during his career at Port.
I know quite a few of his teammates didn't think he'd see out the year, but good one him

So after tweeting a whole ot of media to see about these stupid rules. I got one response from Andrew Capel saying Its True about Summo. OK what about the rules and what are they.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back