Scandal Crows players caught without masks

Remove this Banner Ad

They took masks off for a few minutes to eat/drink, I've done that in an airport/on a plane countless times over the last year. They clearly weren't just refusing to wear them to outright go against the rules. AFL players are meant to wear masks when they're in a stadium (unless on the field), those players above are doing the exact same thing as those Crows players. Where was the media outrage then? Oh, there was none, because who gives a fu**?
As much as that is the likely reason as to why this occurred, lets not state it as facts.

They took masks off for a few minutes to eat/drink, I've done that in an airport/on a plane countless times over the last year. They clearly weren't just refusing to wear them to outright go against the rules. AFL players are meant to wear masks when they're in a stadium (unless on the field), those players above are doing the exact same thing as those Crows players. Where was the media outrage then? Oh, there was none, because who gives a fu**?

Everyone knows you can take you mask down while eating or drinking. it seems highly unlikely its been reported for that. where did you see this reported?

edit : answered above.

Everyone knows you can take you mask down while eating or drinking. it seems highly unlikely its been reported for that. where did you see this reported?
It's been reported because they're AFL players, you can barely see anything in that picture as it is, let alone if they've just had food or drink. I dare you to go take pictures of people not wearing masks at the airport tomorrow, send it to a news outlet, and see how much traction it gets.

It's been reported because they're AFL players, you can barely see anything in that picture as it is, let alone if they've just had food or drink. I dare you to go take pictures of people not wearing masks at the airport tomorrow, send it to a news outlet, and see how much traction it gets.

Of course public figures are going to attract more attention, especially in an industry that has received special considerations during corona virus. that's all the more reason for afl players to be careful about following rules?

Also regarding your assertion that its been reported they didn't break any rules, why did the crows refer it to the afl and not just come out with a statement saying they only took them off during meals? there would be zero need for any investigation?

I also did a quick social media search (it takes 30 secs to do these things) and I haven't yet found these reports you speak of? they must be very confined.

Of course public figures are going to attract more attention, especially in an industry that has received special considerations during corona virus. that's all the more reason for afl players to be careful about following rules?

Also regarding your assertion that its been reported they didn't break any rules, why did the crows refer it to the afl and not just come out with a statement saying they only took them off during meals? there would be zero need for any investigation?

I also did a quick social media search (it takes 30 secs to do these things) and I haven't yet found these reports you speak of? they must be very confined.
Any comment on the photos I posted? AFL played must wear masks within stadiums on matchday too. Just as there was no investigation then, this will quickly go away. Even the Vic media didn't bother picking it up, that should say something. The Crows only released a statement because Karen rang the Roo and Ditts morning brekky radio show, so knew it was going to leak out quickly and decided to release a statement. I can't imagine anyone having good enough memory to remember whether one or two players briefly took their mask off on the flight home, let alone remember why they would have. The comments from people on the flight are on Facebook. The photo wasn't released then either, Karen only sent it to Channel 9, Channel 7 and Channel 10 barely even ran the story.

This is the comment on FB when the Crows released a statement:
1622802588304.png

Attachments

• 1622802568360.png
    1622802568360.png
    15 KB · Views: 71

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those numbers are FAKE NEWS

• 72.7% of people who died from COVID-19 had pre-existing chronic conditions certified on the death certificate.

Those are people who died with COVID, not of it.

Fake news???? So you know more than John Hopkins university. Can you elighten us all with your thoughts.

So covid exacerbated their death. Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back