Rumour CROWS-RELATED TRADE RUMOURS - ALL trade rumours go here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because like Geelong they have had so much success in recent years everyone of their players (even the fringe ones) must actually be better than everyone elses first choice players. Pretty obvious really.....:D

No need to overreact guys....

I doubt there would be too much more involved in a Walker for Knights trade....
Maybe an upgrade on picks, for example Carlton gives you our second or third round pick for your third/fourth round pick respectively.

Dont get me wrong, I think Knights is a better proposition than Walker at the moment but if Knights has stated he wants out to Vic and isnt under contract you lose a little bargaining power.

Jacobs on the other hand "if" traded anywhere will command an early second round/late first round pick.

......but hang on lads, walker is a number two draft pick, he must be ELITE:D:D:D

We don't lose bargaining power if there are multiple clubs interested as is reported. We SHOULD get more than Walker and an upgraded pick.

Knights for Walker wont be happening...

Knights for Walker+Hampson is more likely. Walker has the dodgiest shoulders in the entire AFL. He's had more operations than he's played years of AFL.

Knights for Walker+Hampson is more likely. Walker has the dodgiest shoulders in the entire AFL. He's had more operations than he's played years of AFL.

Why are we seemingly infatuated with getting this bloke?

Does he have the requisite durability? Almost certainly not.

Does he have decent enough skills as an outside mid which is where we need players? Not really.

Why bother? What am i missing here? Jacobs + Walker for Knights...maybe, but its still lumping B graders together for a higher premium player.

I'd rather Tambling, Wona, Leroy Jetta, or anyone else with pace and skill.

This is a feasible scenario although I do think there may also be an trade of picks if this was to happen. Probably include our 3rd rounder and your second rounder.

This is a feasible scenario although I do think there may also be an trade of picks if this was to happen. Probably include our 3rd rounder and your second rounder.

Wouldn't happen.

If Knights want to go to Melbourne, he has multiple options, and he will not screw us over - he's too good a character.

If Jacobs wants to come home, Port don't seem that interested, so you don't have a lot to bargain with.

Same with Walker, if he wants out to a different Melbourne Club, you can shop him around (like us with Knights), but if he's happy to come here, then you don't hold a huge amount of bargaining power.

If those two players definitely wanted out, Knights would be around the money in return.

Saying that, I would not do that trade.

I am of the genuine belief that Knights is one of our 5 most important players, and cannot wait to see him up and about next year.

but if Knights has stated he wants out to Vic and isnt under contract you lose a little bargaining power.

Not this year we don't.

If Knights walks out on us and goes into the draft, he'll end up on the Gold Coast, not in Melbourne. If for some reason GC don't want him he'll end up in Perth :)

So if he wants to go home the Crows have to find a trade that they're happy with.

Not this year we don't.

If Knights walks out on us and goes into the draft, he'll end up on the Gold Coast, not in Melbourne. If for some reason GC don't want him he'll end up in Perth :)

So if he wants to go home the Crows have to find a trade that they're happy with.
GC cannot pick up Knights in the PSD because they already got Bock from Adelaide. If they wanted Knights and he wanted to go there, the only way they could get him is if they trade for him.

GC are not allowed to take more than 1 uncontracted player from each club and that includes PSD.

Why are we seemingly infatuated with getting this bloke?

Does he have the requisite durability? Almost certainly not.

Does he have decent enough skills as an outside mid which is where we need players? Not really.

Why bother? What am i missing here? Jacobs + Walker for Knights...maybe, but its still lumping B graders together for a higher premium player.

I'd rather Tambling, Wona, Leroy Jetta, or anyone else with pace and skill.

:thumbsu: this.. screw Carlton and their x B graders for our A grader.

He won't be traded to Carlton if they are offering up junk like that.

Not this year we don't.

Agree 100%, but I think we have seen enough examples over the years that show us that when a player wants to go, all clubs are very reasonable in making it happen in such a way that is amicable for all parties involved.

I think regardless we are all in for a very big trade week this year........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree 100%, but I think we have seen enough examples over the years that show us that when a player wants to go, all clubs are very reasonable in making it happen in such a way that is amicable for all parties involved.

I think regardless we are all in for a very big trade week this year........

Yes sure - that is generally true. But it also works both ways. If Knights wants to go to Carlton then we will probably do our best to accomodate him. Likewise if Walker and Jacobs want to come to Adelaide then the same thing will happen from Carlton's end - they will be amicable to try to get the players where they want.

Which is why the posturing from Carlton supporters about playing hard ball with Jacobs and demanding first round picks from everyone while expecting they will get quality players like Knights or Salopek for bugger all is ridiculous.

If the players want to leave, the clubs will not keep them there against their will. I know Jacobs for example is supposedly contracted for another year but IF he genuinely wants to come home are you going to really play hard ball, not facilitate a trade and keep a disgruntled player on your list for a year who may then walk for nothing. No - IF Jacobs and Walker want to come here and Knights wants to go to Carlton, the clubs will jostle for the upper hand for a few dyas and evntually come up with a deal that is mutually beneficial. Very rarely do clubs not come to an agreement and let players walk into the draft unless 1 club is offering so far below a players worth that the club wants to prove a point.

Yes sure - that is generally true. But it also works both ways. If Knights wants to go to Carlton then we will probably do our best to accomodate him. Likewise if Walker and Jacobs want to come to Adelaide then the same thing will happen from Carlton's end - they will be amicable to try to get the players where they want.

Which is why the posturing from Carlton supporters about playing hard ball with Jacobs and demanding first round picks from everyone while expecting they will get quality players like Knights or Salopek for bugger all is ridiculous.

If the players want to leave, the clubs will not keep them there against their will. I know Jacobs for example is supposedly contracted for another year but IF he genuinely wants to come home are you going to really play hard ball, not facilitate a trade and keep a disgruntled player on your list for a year who may then walk for nothing. No - IF Jacobs and Walker want to come here and Knights wants to go to Carlton, the clubs will jostle for the upper hand for a few dyas and evntually come up with a deal that is mutually beneficial. Very rarely do clubs not come to an agreement and let players walk into the draft unless 1 club is offering so far below a players worth that the club wants to prove a point.

Spot on!~

The only two times in my recollection where this hasn't occurred has involved Collingwood.

First where they wanted Nick Stevens and didn't satisfy Pt Adelaide's reasonable request for compensation, hence him coming to Carlton in the PSD for nothing.

The second was last year with Luke Ball where Collingwood again refused to offer up a reasonable trade. Luckily for them they were able to land their man in the draft.

With Jacobs, it depends on Griffin to some degree and also what we have to give up.

Jacobs is at leat 3rd in line at Carlton, maybe 4th, and relatively young. Has some genuine height, and is a SA boy.

Port are interested in him too, so they may inflate his trade worth a bit high, but yes we have been sniffing around there. He has a lot more go in him than Griffin.

Walker is an interesting one. Craig must see something in him that he really likes, because we did try and get him last year. My understanding is that we have been making enquiries about him again this year.

His trade value is probably lower this year, so if we can pick him up at not too great a cost, then yes, once again we'd be a player.

Macca23

I am starting to warm to the thoughts of trading for Pav, what is of interest to me is the knock on affect to our list "IF" the club was able to secure the services of Jacobs and Pav, in particular James Sellar's position on our list.

If the Jacobs / Pav trades materialise and it is a "IF", James will be well down the pecking order to play forward or ruck and with Truck, Davis, Talia, Stevens and Young or lining up for key defensive posts it is difficult to see where James fits in....

Given that James does wear #29, the club may need to clear this locker for Pav :D

In all serious, I do see Sellar as trade bait for either Andrew Walker or Jacobs as Carlton do lack KPP forward and back and most importantly it could be a win for James to seek greater opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back