Game Day Crows vs Power - Showdown R3 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

They’ll struggle to get 25k to their next home game unless they sack Hinkley
Its gonna be hilarious when they finally sack ken and a few weeks later realise that it wasnt just the coach thats the issue.. its their s**t list thats a major part of the problem..

Crowd was only 48,000. I thought it was a sell out?
Was weird.
They were saying it was a sellout. However, when the port mc bloke said it pre-game, I jumped onto Ticketek (cant recall if it was 15 or 5 minutes before the game)

Still tickets available..... (Admittedly, only in 3 bays)

But yeah, not a sellout.

They’ll struggle to get 25k to their next home game unless they sack Hinkley
Lucky for them, they can draw on Essendon, Melbourne AND Western Bulldog fans to fill in the gaps.

Though, the next game. 1:15pm, Saturday, for Rd 1 community footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm genuinely befuddled by the anti-Hinge sentiment expressed by a few around here. He's been great all season. Yeah he burns a couple, that's what happens when you're used as an attacking option out of defence. But he provides great value and is a versatile defender to boot.

The most satisfying part of last night's win was getting it despite several players being well out of form. Walker, Smith, Berry, Butts all provided nothing. Milera did a couple of good things bit was otherwise useless. Sloane played one good quarter. Gollant never really got going (just keeping Fog's spot warm). McAdam, Fogarty and Parnell all missing from the side.

Murphy showed there is still value in just giving 110% at all times. Lacks class but so much heart. Same goes for Murray, I love that big galoot :) Not the most talented player but full of heart, he refused to give an inch and just threw that giant body around.

Rankine, Thilthorpe, Rachele, Pedlar, Soligo, Michalanney, there is some serious young talent in our side. Fog to come back too. We just need to get our midfield sorted and we'll start to look alright!

That Hinge chase down in their forward 50 reflects what the DNA of the team should be…..

He will always turn over the ball on occasions because he takes on the attacking kick that breaks the opposition wide open

He’s best 22 in my eyes

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure if he's meant to look like a tough guy or Freddie Mercury with long hair...
:grinning:

spike-png.1639019

Do they break down the frees paid by the different umpires?
I know Champion Data do.
But I dont think we as fans have access to that.

The Troy Pannell game (where we got reamed vs the Bulldogs years ago)

Someone who worked with the Crows, took a photo of the stat with the breakdown and showed just how bad it was.
He didn't get many games after that......

I'm assuming a number of Port members with season tickets decided to stay home.
They still have memberships for sale. Kocky was crapping on about it being the only way to see the Baahhss was to get a membership due to GA being sold out

Bullshit..

that’s only if a team mate is running around the back of, or past, the player with the ball and the opponent (spp) is following.. then you can be in the 5m zone.

this was a team mate and ssp standing around in the 5m zone.

the umpire should’ve stopped play and asked all players to move out of the 5m area and then allowed sholl to play the ball.. like they normally always do..

the ump fxxled it up.

An opponent can't teleport out of the area just because a mark gets taken

They need to be given time to vacate the area

Sholl, through lack of awareness, used that time to play on even though there was an opposition player in his hip pocket

Yes, umpires often compromise and blow the play dead in those situations. Saving players from their own stupidity but didn't here.

Doesn’t give him the right to tackle the bloke before play on is called though.
Yes it does

The "call" is nothing. Same as you can't pole-axe a bloke who's just taken a mark just because the umpire hasn't blown the whistle yet or signalled mark. You've played on when the umpire decides that you've played on.

Yes it does

The "call" is nothing. Same as you can't pole-axe a bloke who's just taken a mark just because the umpire hasn't blown the whistle yet or signalled mark. You've played on when the umpire decides that you've played on.
And that’s the point.
The umpire had not called play on.
Nor had sholl come off the mark.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back