'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Ryan Schoenmakers in the 2011 prelim. :$

Ballantyne in the 2013 GF was pretty special.

^^This. Basically everything he did was an error. Got over 80% of the vote in the Leon Davis Medal too.

The last quarter of 1987 preliminary final starring Simon Eishold and Jimmy Stynes and the whole Melbourne team after 23 years out of the finals. Someone start the opening music for the episode....

From OP Jack Darling is a much better example than Leon Davis. Jack at least got around the footy a bit, just was horrid with it. Leon didnt touch it so didnt make a litany of errors.

Think Lindsay Thomas had a pretty poor final 5 minutes Good Friday game?

Outside the AFL, in the 1997 WAFL Grand Final scores between the East Fremantle Sharks and South Fremantle Bulldogs were level in a thrilling game with about a minute left to play. Players, officials and supporters were bracing themselves for extra time, when South won the ball in the midfield and launched a fast attack, Bulldog Warren Campbell marking about 60 meters out. He was too far out to score, but Sharks defender Scott Spalding inexplicably cannoned straight into Campbell's back, conceding a 50 meter penalty. Campbell goaled from point blank range, and the Bulldogs were able to defend until the final siren, holding out a last ditch Sharks' attack to win the 1997 premiership by 6 points. That East Fremantle had led by close to 4 goals midway through the final term and that it was their centenary year made things even worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pittard is cut from the same cloth. McGuane tried as hard as anyone but when he took off with the ball, nobody knew what he was going to do. Not even Luke.

Brilliant

That's exactly what I see when Pittard takes off. He takes three or four steps, the crowd holds its breath and Pittard finally thinks.........wtf am I going to do now. It either the unpredictable comes off brilliant and breaks the lines or comes amazingly unstuck for him.

Gary Rohan or Kurt 'shittruck' Tippett in the 2014 Grand Final.

Lewis Jetta also struggled in that abysmal showing by Sydney in the 2014 Grand Final.

I was looking back at past Grand Finals on the AFL Tables site, and noticed that in the 1992 Grand Final, Geelong's Geoff Miles had no statistics at all in the Cats' team beaten by his former team the West Coast Eagles. I'm not sure what happened there as it was so long ago. Was he injured early or was he left on the interchange bench all day? This is quite unusual if this was the case, though I remember an Essendon vs. Adelaide game at Princes Park in 1994 when the Crows' Brett Chalmers sat on the bench all day, not enjoying even a second of game time.

Brilliant

That's exactly what I see when Pittard takes off. He takes three or four steps, the crowd holds its breath and Pittard finally thinks.........wtf am I going to do now. It either the unpredictable comes off brilliant and breaks the lines or comes amazingly unstuck for him.

Amazingly, if you replaced 'Pittard' with 'Atley', you'd also have analysed him perfectly, too.

Tom Boyd for the Dogs vs us in 2015, was subbed off after gathering one handball for the game. All the more memorable because his team mates tried to sledge Jesse Hogan, only for Hoges to slot the deciding major, the give it right back to Murphy with interest.

about half of the adelaide grand final side qualify
stevie j's fantastic prelim
dangerfields 1st five minutes of the last quarter of the qf basically sunk geelong

gee we were lucky this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back