News Damien Hardwick three year contract extension to stay with the Tigers until 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting, wasn't expecting anything before the season.

The article mentions he's about the third highest paid coach.

Clarkson would be there, but who else would be second? Longmire? Beveridge? Chris Scott?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always liked Dimma but did doubt for a while if he was capable of taking us to the promised land. Not that it was a criticism but good coaches don't win flags, only great ones do. Then I also had my doubts how much of the last 4 seasons were him and not some key assistants. As important as they were too, after watching the Prime doco I will gladly admit I don't think I ever gave him the credit he deserves. It was definitely him. Give the man a *in statue.

I always liked Dimma but did doubt for a while if he was capable of taking us to the promised land. Not that it was a criticism but good coaches don't win flags, only great ones do. Then I also had my doubts how much of the last 4 seasons were him and not some key assistants. As important as they were too, after watching the Prime doco I will gladly admit I don't think I ever gave him the credit he deserves. It was definitely him. Give the man a fu**in statue.

Unless he losses his hunger for the game he probably has at least another decade left in him as coach. If he can snag two more premierships in that period (yes a big ask, even one more would be amazing) he would leap frog the likes of Parkin, Barassi, Hafey, Jeans and Sheedy. He would actually become the greatest coach since Norm Smith and obviously one of the greatest of all time. For someone who admittedly spent the greater part of 2016 sticking pins into a Damian Hardwick doll, I got to say that's pretty darn incredible.

Hardwick is doing for us now what Sheedy did for Bumbers through the 80s/90s.

Footy gods work in mysterious ways

The footy Gods are more perverse still when you consider he actually did apply for the Essendon job after Sheedy got sacked but was overlooked for our Matthew Knights. The footy Gods were certainly wearing yellow and black that day.

The footy Gods are more perverse still when you consider he actually did apply for the Essendon job after Sheedy got sacked but was overlooked for our Matthew Knights. The footy Gods were certainly wearing yellow and black that day.
😂😂
So they overlooked one of their own for a Tiger and then went to a club legend who oversaw a doping regime that nearly destroyed them. And now they are poaching all our assistants and off-field staff, only then to turn around and sack them (Dan Richardson).

And I never used to believe in the footy gods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back