MRP / Trib. Dan Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Intentional kick with far more force behind it than Howe. Should be facing the rest of the season on the sidelines based on the Howe decision.

Jones should also get suspended for his intentional high punch. Low impact might get him to a fine, but the 'potential' for hitting an unaware player (the game hadn't even started!) should be taken into account.

Intentional kick with far more force behind it than Howe. Should be facing the rest of the season on the sidelines based on the Howe decision.

Jones should also get suspended for his intentional high punch. Low impact might get him to a fine, but the 'potential' for hitting an unaware player (the game hadn't even started!) should be taken into account.

Jones has always been a flog with a punchable head ... kinda like Pap Smear!

We need a rebuild of our tribunal team or whatever. Whoever is in it, is not looking after our players very well.

One thing for the AFL MRO to screw us, but we bend over and allow it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If your boy broke my boys leg in that way ...
From our right view of the contact.. it looked incidental. I thought Howes leg was stationary. . View from the other side showed, without doubt, Howes leg was swinging to trip chalk boys leg.

People can cry fowl and say the umpires and the afl institution are against the Hawks.

I say Balderdash.
So many of the Hawk supporters wondered why Howe plead guilty. Reason... because he was...guilty!

The sanction was fair... Howe threw out a swinging leg and broke someone’s leg. Enuff said.

Last edited:
Howe 2 weeks for striking. Zac Jones, a fine.
Howe 3 weeks for tripping. Devon Smith, a fine.

Well, it was a week ago. Things were different way back then. In the old days.
Oh come Glenhope ,
Zac Jones first hit before the first bounce was a glancing blow to the chin... mostly an elbow to the neck...a free kick and at most a fine. It was not a Howe punch to the jaw.
His second hit was nasty... high, intentional, high impact, 3 to 4 weeks. If you want to get grumpy... this is the hit that matters.

It is soooo easy to agree with the group because others will like you.

Last edited:
Rubbish.
It wasn't a swinging kick at another players leg.
Nothing vicious in it at all, and if you're the lunatic parent that can't tell the difference and charges the field cause his kid got hurt in a contact sport.......
We all know how those acts of stupidity end.
I Never said it was a “vicious” swinging leg... I thought it was an incedental swinging of the leg.
I am now certain you never saw the footage from Howes right and our left. Have you?
You are escalating the terminology. I just said his leg was swinging. Nothing vicious. Pretty much the only vicious thing was your comment to me.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inflamitory and poor comment grumbleguts: Rioli chose to leave football for family reasons. No “hit” on Rioli ended his career.
It was the last game he played. Had he played the following week it wouldn't have been the last game he played. It ended his playing career. Whatever other reasons he decided to leave the game with, he never played another game - and it's "inflammatory"

Of course it is only a fine. It was ugly in intent but did not even trip whatshisface. He did not even fall over.
Fine at most, nothing is an option... though at worst a fine for Devon to stop that crap.

What’s your play on the potential for injury following on so soon from a young man having his leg broken as a result of a trip

Haven't even seen the Cripps/Swallow incident but just heard the reasoning from Christian why Cripps wasn't cited...

"In this case we didn't consider impact as it all comes down to conduct...."..

This is the sort of s**t that does my head in. It's like changing the rules from week to week. If conduct was the sole basis (as I think it should be.... conduct/intent) then Howe doesn't get done for the trip because the entire 'conduct' of the incident was as purely accidental as it can get and thus impact shouldn't be considered. Unlucky for Fisher but accidents happen...

So frustrating that they pick and choose when to apply 'impact not considered', 'potential to cause injury' etc

Last edited:
Following on from the Jones fine for his strike on Merrett - Watson was saying on SEN this morning that he cannot even open his eye such was the punch

But..... no potential for injury
What a joke

I had a quick chat with Dan at the Zebras v Hawks game, he’s a good kid, disappointed with it all and feels he was a bit stiff to get 5 weeks but was very philosophical about it all and said what can he do about it now other than to take it on the chin and get on with it.
Good luck to him, I hope he comes back a better person for it.

I had a quick chat with Dan at the Zebras v Hawks game, he’s a good kid, disappointed with it all and feels he was a bit stiff to get 5 weeks but was very philosophical about it all and said what can he do about it now other than to take it on the chin and get on with it.
Good luck to him, I hope he comes back a better person for it.

Thanks for sharing.

Glad he seems to be hurting a bit.

It would be great to qualify for the finals and have Siss, McEvoy and Howe back.

What’s your play on the potential for injury following on so soon from a young man having his leg broken as a result of a trip
I have many thoughts mostly around cars as an example.

But, I think I have already said too much on this topic (everyone would agree). I’m pretty sure I am already a pariah :( when it come to tribunal outcomes.

Last edited:
I think a lot of people have forgotten that this guy is available after this weekend's game. Miles had performed really well in his place. Will he come straight back into the squad for the 1st final? As it stands there looks like being a whole bunch of starting players that suddenly become available for the first final (Sicily Birchall Howe). Will be interesting to see if Clarkson gambles with team balance and brings in the big guns (especially if we are on a 6 game winning streak!).

I think a lot of people have forgotten that this guy is available after this weekend's game. Miles had performed really well in his place. Will he come straight back into the squad for the 1st final? As it stands there looks like being a whole bunch of starting players that suddenly become available for the first final (Sicily Birchall Howe). Will be interesting to see if Clarkson gambles with team balance and brings in the big guns (especially if we are on a 6 game winning streak!).

Sicily plays when fit

Birch only plays if he gets through 2 VFL games and plays well

Howe is an interesting one, I do think Shiels plays better when Howe is in given he no longer plays the taging role in the guts

Players likely to be dropped first for incoming players: Glass, Pitto, Nash, Shoey and Miles

Also taking into account the return of Roughy, Ceglar and Henderson.... not many clear spots up for grabs

I reckon Howe's probably lost his spot to Worpel, with Shiels shifting to that defensive midfielder role (moreso than ball hunting)

I'm not 100% sure that's Liam's best game any longer. Howe could still have a place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back