Team Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
He may be joking but these are some of his recent Tweets

Bondi = amazing! You should set up home here @DT_13(Dale Thomas) and SP_10(Scott Pendlebury)

Just landed in Sydney. I've come to check out some real estate for @DT_13(Dale Thomas) and SP_10(Scott Pendlebury). I'll keep ya posted boys

Do you think th Magpie boys are just messing around?

http://twitter.com/#!/swandane

Swanny is taking the piss.

Everyone knows if you are one of the immoral characterless dog mercenaries that sign with GWS you have to hand in your drivers license and live in ex-housing commission flats in the war stricken terrorzone known as Felafal Land. All beaches, waterways and associated views / lifestyles are stricktly off limits, as are any areas considered to be remotely liveable, family friendly, trendy, attractive or salubrious until you pack up and head back to Toorak or Narre Warren at the end of your first contract - provided of course you also hand back your Halal Red Rooster discount card and any International Roast you have left at the airport.

I have to say I'm not confident that we will manage to get any big name players, sure we are rumored to be throwing big money at everyone. This time last year we all had a good idea who was going to the Gold coast yet every player that is linked with the club seems to then commit to their current club. I'm starting to think we are going to resemble the Brisbane Bears and if that is the case I fear for our future. We will draft a lot of kids but as soon as their contracts are up they will ditch us, maybe it's just me but I'm not feeling any confidence. Anyone else feel the same will we be able to snag a couple of stars or not. I don't expect us to make the finals next year but i hope we are going to be competitive but I have strong doubts. Scully as good as confirmed he is using us to up his contract with Melbourne and I have a feeling the other players linked to us are doing the same, so we will be left with the leftovers.

This time last year we had no idea who was going to the Gold Coast. Kurt Tippett, Ricky Pettard, David Hale and a handful of other players were all rumoured to go the GC. Over the course of the year they all re-signed (or people stopped caring, in Hale's case). It was only those who got to the end of the year without re-signing that the attention focused on, and sure enough all of those went.

So far GWS has been exactly like the GC - I'm only going to be worred if it gets to August or later and everyone there has been rumours about has signed with the current club, and I can't see that happening at this point.

This time last year we had no idea who was going to the Gold Coast. Kurt Tippett, Ricky Pettard, David Hale and a handful of other players were all rumoured to go the GC. Over the course of the year they all re-signed (or people stopped caring, in Hale's case). It was only those who got to the end of the year without re-signing that the attention focused on, and sure enough all of those went.

So far GWS has been exactly like the GC - I'm only going to be worred if it gets to August or later and everyone there has been rumours about has signed with the current club, and I can't see that happening at this point.
Yeah I probably overstated it a bit ( in regards to the gold coast) but I think we all had a very good idea about Ablett, I agree with the August part. I just get the feeling the more players we are linked to that we don't get ( obviously we won't get everyone) we have less chance of success. I think players don't want to be one out and if they think they are going to be the only quality signing then they won't sign with us

Yeah I probably overstated it a bit ( in regards to the gold coast) but I think we all had a very good idea about Ablett, I agree with the August part. I just get the feeling the more players we are linked to that we don't get ( obviously we won't get everyone) we have less chance of success. I think players don't want to be one out and if they think they are going to be the only quality signing then they won't sign with us

Difference has been GC didn't put an age limit on recruitment, GWS don't want anyone over 24 kinda narrows their choices.

A couple of 26 -28 year olds will be needed for experience and give the young ones some mature bodies around them to lead the way, so if Sheedy is serious you may not have the same impact GC will have in the first few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back