Danger in Texas all time basketball draft discussion thread (kinda like Big Brother up late)

Remove this Banner Ad

Selection thread here: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/all-time-basketball-draft.1125329/

Controversy already as GM with the no 1 pick has gone AWOL. Let's hope he hasnt gone the way of bison dele

Second pick:

Rd1, Pick 2: Bill Russell
Cant argue with 11 rings as a player and 2 as a coach. 5 x MVP, GOAT defender, leader etc.

WOW! WOW!!! With so many talented individuals on board, benno has gone with the great bill russell! a surprised gasp wafts over the arena. not a bad pick mind you.

nbaman1 on the clock

let's head to craig sager

"Thanks Mr Commissioner. I'm here with Anthony Davis. AD, with so many greats available what chance do you feel you have about going in the first round?"
147382269-anthony-davis-talks-with-craig-sager-during-gettyimages.jpg

"Ya know, there so many greats out there. I see Porkzingers, Bargnani, Gallineri....they can play and maybe they go first *giggles*. Dunno, i'd just be happy to go anywhere man.".

"Back to you Commish".

Rumours circulate that nbaman1 always likes a hard enforcer in the team, and will go down this parth

Feel like Timmy is like the one of the easiest basketballers to build around. Really wanted Hakeem as well. Just imagine a Hakeem and TImmy front court.

tumblr_inline_nsiysfefGu1ri14x7_500.png

Will be interesting to see whether picking later in the first rd/earlier in the second is an advantage over pick 1-3, then late second round.

Shaq seems way too high. I used to rate him about there, but these days there's no chance I'm taking him over Kareem, and it's debatable between him, Wilt and Hakeem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would put Hakeem over Shaq. Shaq's work ethic was very questionable.

I would put Hakeem over Shaq. Shaq's work ethic was very questionable.
The work rate thing held him back from probably being a top 3 all time guy. His longevity was already pretty damn good for a big man who weighed so much, and slowed a lot in his later days. Imagine Shaq weighing a bit less, being more fit, basically being more like his high school self. If he was like that and gave more of a s**t about being a force defensively, that's easily one of the best 3 players we've ever seen.

And we all know about his free throws....

Okay, Okay. Can we pick any player throughout time in their prime?

Yeah I mean a big man who can shoot the 3, pass, shoot a great midrange, defend pretty well, work in the low post. Just too bad the NBA never got to see it.

Maybe but it helps me know what I'm doing to build a team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back