Dangerfield on Kelly

Remove this Banner Ad

So the bump is banned then as I said as a player cant control whether they have an accident. It’s the definition of accident. It can’t be controlled.

bump is dead.
Rubbish. There are plenty of bumps dished out every week

It's a risky thing to do, no question, but some players know how to bump legally and avoid high contact

Ball players like Dangerfield would be best served to stay in their lane and not try to throw their weight around.
Bumping isn't part of his game. He isn't great at it, so he shouldn't do it.

Let's be real: Danger was fired up after being chased down by the young Crows player & caught with the ball. When has that ever happened? He fully intended to put a world of hurt on Kelly who was simply the next Adelaide player in his path. Many veteran footballers start to get a little bit cranky in their old age when they lose a step and they can no longer perform like they once did. You start to see these 'out of character' reportable incidents.

Last edited:

if he hits him in the chest the slight jump off the ground is irrelevant. Jumping is only wrong if it forces you to go high with the bump. He didn’t go High. He wasn’t even close to high.

ps there is no such thing as a bump where your feet arent slightly off the ground. You can’t get the momentum to implement otherwise.

Didn’t go high?

Rubbish. There are plenty of bumps dished out every week

It's a risky thing to do, no question, but some players know how to bump legally and avoid high contact

Ball players like Danger would be best served to stay in their lane and not try to throw their weight around.
Bumping isn't part of his game. He isn't great at it, so he shouldn't do it.

Let's be real: Danger was fired up after being chased down by the young Crows player & caught with the ball. When has that ever happened? He fully intended to put a world of hurt on Kelly who was simply the next Adelaide player in Danger's path. Many veteran AFL players start to get a little bit cranky in their old age when they lose a step and they can no longer perform like they once did. You start to see these 'out of character' reportable incidents.

It's not out of character for him though

It’s hard to fathom why danger would go for the bump than any reason other to ‘punish’ or hurt Kelly. There is no legitimate football reason to try it aside from some type of enforcement/tough guy thing. The player is basically defenceless having just disposed of the ball. It was basically sniping. 3 weeks seems pretty right to me.

edit: not saying he meant to hit his head but that’s the risk you run when you bump these days
It was sniping, but it was an act of frustration - after he was unexpectedly pinged HTB by Hamill a few seconds earlier. The red mist came down, and he went hunting the next Adelaide player he could find.

Has someone stolen your account recently? You aren’t your usual logical self.

it’s not abuse if there is no one who percieves themselves to be a victim.

the hit to the head was accidental, the hit to the chest was deliberate. you can’t control accidental outcomes by definition. if you get penalised by accidental outcomes then the only solution is to not do the action. Which is the same as the bump being dead.
Head clashes in the act of bumping are a reasonably foreseeable outcome. This is why the AFL doesn't regard them as being accidental.

Dangerfield has been pinged for the unintended, but entirely foreseeable, outcome of actions which he himself instigated - and for which he alone bears responsibility.

He didn’t go High. He wasn’t even close to high.
Dangerfield's head was high, which was how there was a head clash.

It was poor technique from Dangerfield. No bend at the hips. Shoulder contact should have been made around Kelly's elbow.

If he actually got in low - like his lawyer erroneously claimed - there would have been no accidental head clash.

Its been a long day for a cripple like myself. My take on it is the bump is not dead at all.if you bump and the opposition players gets knocked out, well then you get rubbed out. Easy peasy.
I hope all tiger boys get a good night sleep as they have been a bit restless over Danger the last couple of nights. and the hawkers as well, as it could be along year for you guys.

night!
Oh well at least we play worthy opposition every week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I posted this back on page 30... Apologies for the re-post, but not everyone goes back and reads through the thread
I just want more folks to see further evidence of Mark Robinson's shameless muppetry.

Check out this flog from AFL 360 who was dirty on the AFL for handing only a 1 match ban to Zac Williams.
He demanded the AFL get tougher on those cheap shots where a player lines up another player and bumps them high after they've gotten rid of the ball

2 weeks later, Dangerfield lined up Jake Kelly from 15 metres away, knocked him out cold and that incoherent bald pisshead was defending him :confusedv1:

:drunk::drunk::drunk::beercheers::drunk::drunk::beermug::beermug::$

Dangerfield's head was high, which was how there was a head clash.

It was poor technique from Dangerfield. No bend at the hips. Shoulder contact should have been made around Kelly's elbow.

If he actually got in low - like his lawyer erroneously claimed - there would have been no accidental head clash.
His head was low not high. The top of dangerfields head hit kellys jaw. I.e. cos dangerfields head was too low.

I posted this back on page 30... Apologies for the re-post, but not everyone goes back and reads through the thread
I just want more folks to see further evidence of Mark Robinson's shameless muppetry.

Check out this flog from AFL 360 who was dirty on the AFL for handing only a 1 match ban to Zac Williams.
He demanded the AFL get tougher on those cheap shots where a player lines up another player and bumps them high after they've gotten rid of the ball

2 weeks later, Dangerfield lined up Jake Kelly from 15 metres away, knocked him out cold and that incoherent bald pisshead was defending him :confusedv1:

I know you are trolling but In williams case the player jumps and hits him flush in the head with his shoulder whilst In dangerfields case thé shoulder hits the chest and isnt remotely near the neck let alone head.

it’s frankly disgusting that danger gets more weeks then Williams when it clearly should of been the other way.

Head clashes in the act of bumping are a reasonably foreseeable outcome. This is why the AFL doesn't regard them as being accidental.

Dangerfield has been pinged for the unintended, but entirely foreseeable, outcome of actions which he himself instigated - and for which he alone bears responsibility.
And if we want to view it that way then fine. But ban the bump.

I know you are trolling but In williams case the player jumps and hits him flush in the head with his shoulder whilst In dangerfields case thé shoulder hits the chest and isnt remotely near the neck let alone head.

it’s frankly disgusting that danger gets more weeks then Williams when it clearly should of been the other way.

This will do me

His head was low not high. The top of dangerfields head hit kellys jaw. I.e. cos dangerfields head was too low.
And if he didn't charge at Kelly after he'd disposed of the ball there wouldn't have been a head clash.

Sanity prevails at the tribunal for once, with the precedents set recently where Long and Williams both got one match bans for bumps which caused no injury they had to give Dangerfield a three match ban for a bump which caused a concussion and a broken nose or they would have looked like a joke.

C'mon Seeds you can't just make stuff up. The top of his head hits Kelly's nose.

His head is not low, because he doesn't bend at the hips.

Screenshot from 2021-03-23 09-31-37.png

This is bending at the hips. Doesn't need to always be taken to this extreme, but if Dangerfield bends at the hips, his shoulder would make contact around Kelly's elbow, and his head would be somewhere around Kelly's chest and he wouldn't be in this mess.

Screenshot from 2021-03-23 09-30-36.png

C'mon Seeds you can't just make stuff up. The top of his head hits Kelly's nose.

His head is not low, because he doesn't bend at the hips.

View attachment 1084377

This is bending at the hips. Doesn't need to always be taken to this extreme, but if Dangerfield bends at the hips, his shoulder would make contact around Kelly's elbow, and his head would be somewhere around Kelly's chest and he wouldn't be in this mess.

View attachment 1084378
not much of a difference. The point that dangers head is lower then kellys head is clearly shown in that chart. If danger jumped his head would of been higher not lower. It would of been dangers jaw/nose hitting the top of Kelly’s head If he had jumped.

He's a rambling drunk who can't remember what day it is, but what he said about Williams was all spot on ...

Just a shame that he forgot it in a fortnight

Danger did exactly the same thing as Williams but with more impact. And got the due penalty!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back