Player Watch Daniel Wells, (New role at the Club #3261)

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest, I wouldn't play Wells in a fortnight but after that he will be a chance. He has a three week block of training if CFC lose in a fortnight or a months block of training if CFC win in the next fortnight. I have no problems with bringing Wrlls in from the cold to play in finals. Has more talent in his left toe than two thirds of the other players that will play that day/night.
No argument regarding his talent, however his fragile body and the obvious extra weight he is carrying raises serious question marks regarding a full game.

With all the crap we have copped for recruiting Wells, it would be such a fairytale finish.

... and the Norm Smith medal goes to Daniel Wells from the Collingwood FC.

He is silk, no doubt...

Hopefully it’s a Boyd like story, big money recruit doesn’t really earn it but stands up just once on the biggest stage

If he’s ready enough, play him.
Half a game from him in a big final better than alternatives.

Silk to add the silk.

Imagine, warm day, late September, Wells let’s loose passing brilliantly to Elliott, Stephenson, De Goey....

Nice problem to have.

Would be an absolute Fairy tail to have both Wells and Moore run out on GF day, play 4 quarters, play a big role and get themselves a premiership chip.

If you’re a Collingwood supporter you’d be hoping for that. Would be unreal. Lets hope Wells can play a role.

To be honest, I wouldn't play Wells in a fortnight but after that he will be a chance. He has a three week block of training if CFC lose in a fortnight or a months block of training if CFC win in the next fortnight. I have no problems with bringing Wells in from the cold to play in finals. Has more talent in his left toe than two thirds of the other players that will play that day/night.

Reckon it’ll be a no for first final. If we lose, a place will open up for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played mid/half back in the VFL, which suggests we’re trying to get run into his legs. At a pinch he maybe able to a forward role out of the goal square, but there’s a fair few in front of him.

I am surprised at how many think that Wells will play against Geelong. I thought he looked well out of condition on the weekend - are we happy to play a classy but unfit guy coming off a PCL in a QF?

Agreed, it's too much of a gamble IMO. We're taking a big question mark in as it is with Moore. As much as Wells starring in a final is a fairy tale ending we all want, I wouldn't risk playing him in a final. He ran out of time the poor bugger.

Just forget it. I highly doubt the match committee is giving any real consideration of playing Wells. He has hardly played a game in three years.

Time to put a line through him and move on.

Wish it wasn't so but you're right. Carrying too much extra weight & hasn't played enough footy. Needed an extra 3 or 4 weeks but it would have been easier on him if he dropped the weight before now.

Poor and unprofessional if he's gone out to pasture while on an injury lay off. Any photos of him? Curious to see how big he got. He had a bit on him last time he played though.
No pics but he looks like an ex afl footballer -having let himself go a bit- ripping it up at a lower level getting by on pure class.
All time player, but that ship has sailed imo.

If he plays we have either lost a lot of players or our collective ******* minds.
Or he just earns his spot and makes us better :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back