December Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone believe we should have participated in the December pre-season draft?

I for one was hoping that we would select Brett James, he has plenty to offer an AFL club.

To select him we would have had to drop another player, can we afford to have 2 chronic hamstring problem players in our squad?

------------------
Chris

(Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus)

How could we have picked up Brett James. He played for that disgusting team called the Cows. Who could of we dropped to pick him up. All our players are sooo sexy and cool.

Brett James is so old.

I don't think we needed to go in the Pre-Season draft especially if it was to drop one player off to get a player like Brett James.

My main reason for this is because we have enough players of his style in our side. What would be the point of bringing him in and denying the chances of a few of our younger players to progress into the side, soon enough we would lose a player because of lack of opportunities only to find out he was a pretty good player anyway.

I have a great deal of respect for Brett James but at this point of time we must do what is best for the Port Adelaide Football Club rather than the individual.

If Port were to go for a player in the draft I would have liked us to pick up Eugene Warrior, most of you should remember the day he almost turned it around for Norwood in the 1999 Grandfinal, a person with that class on our forward line would have been sensational. A player of his ilk would have been a great benefit to our footy club.

------------------
Port Adelaide Forever

Remove this Banner Ad

Back