List Mgmt. 2023 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Smilie is one of the best athletic packages i’ve seen come through

At 194cms too.

At first glance it’s a decent draft for top end mids.

Also, people might baulk at the suggestion that next draft is stronger, but traditionally whenever Vic has a strong crop it’s a strong draft.

I’m not sold yet on it being a good crop from Sa.

I’m still thoroughly annoyed that we traded our 1st rounder out.

Early watch list for next year.
We come in late round 2.
On current form we don't need to use that on a F/S
Interesting no mention of Phoenix Hargreave in there. Played juniors with my son and could ways see he was a class above everyone even from under 10s and 12s age group. Won a bunch of medals in the 18s comp this past season and played as an under-age player in state 18s.

Interesting no mention of Phoenix Hargreave in there. Played juniors with my son and could ways see he was a class above everyone even from under 10s and 12s age group. Won a bunch of medals in the 18s comp this past season and played as an under-age player in state 18s.

There's a couple of South Australians but looking very much a Vic top end.

Phoenix looking interesting mid to high second round on the draft board at present.

I noticed some comments from bf user PMBangers, who I hadnt come across before but he seems to write as though he has s bit of knowledge about draftees (edit - he obviously has a lot, given the title of the thread). He was full of praise for Port's draft haul (I hope it's OK to put this link here, given that it's for a constructive purpose):

Post number: 1830

I noticed some comments from bf user PMBangers, who I hadnt come across before but he seems to write as though he has s bit of knowledge about draftees (edit - he obviously has a lot, given the title of the thread). He was full of praise for Port's draft haul (I hope it's OK to put this link here, given that it's for a constructive purpose):

Post number: 1830

Think Bangers does most of the heavy lifting for the media.

That’s good given we traded out of the first round. Hargrave is one I’ll watch closely next year, strong bodied inside mid with decent athleticism and disposal is what I noted down from the SA vs WA champs game - exactly the type I expect we will be looking to draft next year.

It seems odd though they way they used them. Basically pick up 2 X mids, then went 2 X rucks.

Would have thought maybe they would set up the entire field, grab 1 X mid, KPD, maybe a KPF or something like that.
Who was the other mid North picked up other than McKercher? You surely can’t be referring to Duursma, can you?

Also, you are aware that Will Dawson is a KPD, right?

*North took 1 x mid, 1 x general forward, 1 x ruck, 1 x KPD, 1 x medium sized defender, who tested in the top 10 for both leap tests and is an elite mark and left foot kick, so the perfect profile for an Alistair Clarkson intercept defender type.

There you go, I fixed it for you :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back