Review Dees v Dogs - the Good, Bad and Fugly - Woof! - Round 11, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I bumped into tommy Bugg this week and he reckons Dogs by 28 - I believe him. Share your thoughts after the game

settle its half time
I'm not saying we're going to win, but we are far closer to playing our natural game when we don't worry about winning clearances for the sake of it. Clearances were 20-12 against us when we were 32 points up.

I'm sure Weideman is going to be a hot topic here. The 2 goals cover up what was otherwise a very, very uninspiring game for me.

Melksham again disappointing. Only 63% TOG. I really don't get it.

The positive? It really feels like we could improve our forward mix significantly.

Good - our stars were good, but have all played better games. Spargo, Rivers, Petty, Gus and a few others played close to their best games for the footy club. Salem, Jackson, Kossie, Weideman and a few others with down games. Trac good without being great.

I felt confident we would win after harmes kicked the first in the opening minute. Could see we were on.

Hope lingers is ok and not concussion.

Last week had a few disappointing moments, but they rectified them tonight. The defensive work was terrific.

I think daisy Pearce said it through the call, but players like Brayshaw and harmes were so strong with their defensive work, and our pressure throughout the game was final like.

Good to see weid get a few at the end, after doing not much at all the first half. Thought Melksham played pretty well, ANB again very good. Hibberd is putting together a season equal to his AA year. Rivers is as assured and composed across half back very similar to Tom Stewart.

The ugly- continues to be the holding the ball interpretations.

It's a blight on the game. The umpire may as well flip a coin after every tackle and decide who gets the free. Every game I watch it's the same story.

Other than that, bring on the lions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Told you all you miserable campaigners. Keep the faith! This team isn't like what you've seen in the past, one week against Adelaide doesn't change that!

Happy days, such a good team win! Contributors everywhere.

Keep your $50 Dancing Potato , I'll let you off. The generous bloke I am. 🤗

I'm a big Weid booster, but I still thinknhe hardly lost a contest. Didn't clunk them but was very in the contest. The 2 goal buffer he made was critical.

Could of ended the game with the last shot but oh well.

Think there is lots to build on.

Yeah I didn’t expect that honestly, what a fantastic win! We pressured them all night around the contests and they really had no answers to it.

Just cracked a fat celebratory beer and will be thinking about Charlie Spargs as I sip.

**** yeah dees!

I'm a big Weid booster, but I still thinknhe hardly lost a contest. Didn't clunk them but was very in the contest. The 2 goal buffer he made was critical.

Could of ended the game with the last shot but oh well.

Think there is lots to build on.
Second game back. Got to plenty of contests. No touch, but that will come. Those two goals should help. Don't know what he was doing with the last shot. Never looked like it was going anywhere but left.

Good
Reacting to the kick up the arse
Lever
Oliver
Forwards starting to click
The blanket job on the midget

Bad
Lockdown
No crowd

Ugly
A bad umpiring decision from at least 10-0-1

Good:
Denied the dogs their normal game, forced them to go slow and switch
Lever was immense, just reads the play so well and intercepting with ease
Clarry has gone to another level this year
Great effort from role players - Spargo, Riv, Harmes all particularly good
Efficiency inside 50 was very good

Bad:
Melk... nah
Weid was reading it well in the air but needs to clunk a few more (still prefer him to BBB), hopefully his second half cameo gives him some confidence
Hunt put in a couple of good defensive efforts but has been pretty quiet the last couple of weeks

Fugly:
Forgot how cringe the fake crowd noise is

Clarry and Trac ability to get back and put pressure on has taken us to another level as well. Not taking anything from our other mids who do it as well but the whole team defence to clog to corridor is immense. Its the difference between mediocre and great teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back