List Mgmt. delistings before lodgement

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm also led to believe that we can't have any Category B rookies this year. With Keath and Greenwood going off that list I can't understand why that would be the case. Any ideas?
No idea. First I've heard of it.

As far as I know, clubs are still allowed to have 3x Cat B rookies on their list at any given time - in addition to their normal quota of Cat A rookies.

Perhaps the question should have been... do we end up with the same number of picks as vacancies we have?
Clubs always have the same number of selections as they have list vacancies. That's how the number of draft picks is determined.

Clubs always have the same number of selections as they have list vacancies. That's how the number of draft picks is determined.
CHeers... clearly it's an obvious thing and the question didn't need asking, however, I have a "the fallout from a 40 year school reunion" brain and I wasn't thinking logically AT ALL! :$

No idea. First I've heard of it.

As far as I know, clubs are still allowed to have 3x Cat B rookies on their list at any given time - in addition to their normal quota of Cat A rookies.
Could it be a total $$ thing where we paid extra for the years of Keath and Greenwood and hence can't have any this year I wonder?

Could it be a total $$ thing where we paid extra for the years of Keath and Greenwood and hence can't have any this year I wonder?
I don't see why 2016 & 2017 salaries should have any impact at all on our ability to recruit players for 2018. If it's true that we're not allowed to sign any Cat B players in 2018 then I would be very interested to know the reason. I suspect someone's been giving you bad information.

CHeers... clearly it's an obvious thing and the question didn't need asking, however, I have a "the fallout from a 40 year school reunion" brain and I wasn't thinking logically AT ALL! :$
You and Lee Gaskin

Might have thought after Cameron being traded for pick #12 and Wigg being picked up by another team that you would have dialled back on the degree of certainty in all of your opinions...guess not.

Wasn't Vader dating Miranda Kerr when he made the bold statement (again, and again and again and again) that Petrenko would never play 50 games of AFL.

#Petrenko76 :D

Wasn't Vader dating Miranda Kerr when he made the bold statement (again, and again and again and again) that Petrenko would never play 50 games of AFL.

#Petrenko76 :D
To be fair, that was the only thing I got wrong about Petrenko (i.e. the number of games he'd eventually play). Even then, I would have been right if we'd drafted or traded a half-decent replacement. I still don't understand why it took them so long to identify the "small forward" role as a major deficiency in the team.

so 4 list spots plus cheney unsigned = we are obviously interested in a DFA
So Cheney hasn't been delisted nor has it been announced that he has signed a new contract, and we are now past the 30th October cutoff. Can someone clarify this situation ?? Does it mean that he must have signed a contract and we are waiting to announce it, being that he wasn't delisted ??

So Cheney hasn't been delisted nor has it been announced that he has signed a new contract, and we are now past the 30th October cutoff. Can someone clarify this situation ?? Does it mean that he must have signed a contract and we are waiting to announce it, being that he wasn't delisted ??
It could mean any number of things. It could mean that he was already contracted for 2018, and there's nothing to announce. It could mean that he's already signed, and we're holding off on the announcement. It could mean that he's out of contract - in which case he is now free to delist himself and nominate for the draft.

THere are two more dates that the clubs must make a list lodgement.

From now, players can delist themselves. Cheney isn't the only player uncontracted in the league. Nick Graham, Anthony Miles, Jacob Townsend & Jackson Merrett spring to him - none of their clubs have made announcements about them, and they've all been discussed about being OOC this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It could mean any number of things. It could mean that he was already contracted for 2018, and there's nothing to announce. It could mean that he's already signed, and we're holding off on the announcement. It could mean that he's out of contract - in which case he is now free to delist himself and nominate for the draft.

Perhaps we have offered him a contract and he hasn't agreed to its terms, and we haven't upped the offer ... but we still want him on the list on our terms, hence not delisted, and the ball is now in his court? - Accept our offer or delist himself and take a chance

Perhaps we have offered him a contract and he hasn't agreed to its terms, and we haven't upped the offer ... but we still want him on the list on our terms, hence not delisted, and the ball is now in his court? - Accept our offer or delist himself and take a chance
Sounds plausible to me. :thumbsu:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-...rom-other-sports-to-main-list-greenwood-keath

The Crows are also yet to re-sign experienced defender Kyle Cheney.

The 28-year-old has played 77 games during stints with Melbourne, Hawthorn and the Crows, but couldn't force his way into the side this year.

"There's no commitment that there's been made there as of yet," Fagan said.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-...rom-other-sports-to-main-list-greenwood-keath

The Crows are also yet to re-sign experienced defender Kyle Cheney.

The 28-year-old has played 77 games during stints with Melbourne, Hawthorn and the Crows, but couldn't force his way into the side this year.

"There's no commitment that there's been made there as of yet," Fagan said.
Maybe dependent on getting a DFA?

Without Cheney we have 5 list spots to fill (4 if we go one short) with some late picks.

aaa

There is still a couple of list lodgement dates and delisted free agent periods to go.

Wednesday 1 – Wednesday 8 November
AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period

Wednesday 8 November by 2.00pm
Out of Contract Listed AFL Primary List Players Draft Nomination Form and Player Request for Removal from List Form Lodged with AFL

Thursday 9 November by 2.00pm
List Lodgement

Friday 10 – Friday 17 November by 5.00pm

Friday 17 November by 2.00pm
Delisted Primary List Draft Nomination Form Lodgement

Friday 24 November
AFL Draft

Saturday 25 November – Sunday 26 November at 2.00pm

Monday 27 November at Midday
AFL Club List Lodgement

Monday 27 November at 5.00pm
NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft Selection Meeting

To be fair, that was the only thing I got wrong about Petrenko (i.e. the number of games he'd eventually play). Even then, I would have been right if we'd drafted or traded a half-decent replacement. I still don't understand why it took them so long to identify the "small forward" role as a major deficiency in the team.
I agree.

He only played another 60 games after you said he was destined for the scrapheap.

To be fair every player is eventually discarded, even Dustin Fletcher. I boldly predict that every player on our current list will eventually be traded, retire or be delisted.

If you would only refrain from making your predictions about players you have never seen in the flesh, I would be able to agree with your footy opinions 100% of the time.

I agree.

He only played another 60 games after you said he was destined for the scrapheap.

To be fair every player is eventually discarded, even Dustin Fletcher. I boldly predict that every player on our current list will eventually be traded, retire or be delisted.

If you would only refrain from making your predictions about players you have never seen in the flesh, I would be able to agree with your footy opinions 100% of the time.
I had a number of criticisms about Petrenko's game, every one of which was subsequently validated. I was ahead of the game in calling them, and well ahead of the club in terms of making my call about his abilities. It's not my fault that BF was blinded by shinytoyitis at the time, and the club took forever to wake up to his flaws. I saw more than enough of Petrenko to make the call, and get it right early.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2017-11-01/contracts-for-crows-trio

Kyle Cheney, Ben Jarman and Paul Hunter will all continue their careers at Adelaide after signing contract extensions.

Cheney has played 36 games for the Crows since joining the Club in the trade period before the 2015 season.

The 28-year-old is a competitive defender, who has shown he can play on both talls and smalls. He had a career-best year in 2016, playing every game but had an injury-interrupted 2017.

Jarman played 18 SANFL games in his debut season at West Lakes, impressing with his ball use and composure.

The 19-year-old was rewarded with a fifth-place finish in the Club’s State League Club Champion award.

Hunter, 24, played every SANFL game for Adelaide in 2017 assuming the lead ruck duties in the second half of the season. He had a standout game in Round 16 against North Adelaide collecting 22 possessions and 25 hit-outs.

Both Jarman and Hunter will be retained on the Club’s Rookie List.

Crows General Manager List Management and Strategy Justin Reid said all three players were looking to build on the work they’d done in 2017.

“Kyle has shown across his career that he has what it takes to compete at the highest level. While this year didn’t go to plan for him, he is excited for what next season holds,” Reid said.

“Ben and Paul impressed in the SANFL this year, with Ben improving his consistency at the level and Paul continuing to develop nicely as a ruckman/forward.

“We are thrilled that all three have re-committed to the Club for 2018.”

On Tuesday, Adelaide confirmed that promising rookies Hugh Greenwood and Alex Keath would be elevated to the Club's senior list in Season 2018.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2017-11-01/contracts-for-crows-trio

Kyle Cheney, Ben Jarman and Paul Hunter will all continue their careers at Adelaide after signing contract extensions.

Cheney has played 36 games for the Crows since joining the Club in the trade period before the 2015 season.

The 28-year-old is a competitive defender, who has shown he can play on both talls and smalls. He had a career-best year in 2016, playing every game but had an injury-interrupted 2017.

Jarman played 18 SANFL games in his debut season at West Lakes, impressing with his ball use and composure.

The 19-year-old was rewarded with a fifth-place finish in the Club’s State League Club Champion award.

Hunter, 24, played every SANFL game for Adelaide in 2017 assuming the lead ruck duties in the second half of the season. He had a standout game in Round 16 against North Adelaide collecting 22 possessions and 25 hit-outs.

Both Jarman and Hunter will be retained on the Club’s Rookie List.

Crows General Manager List Management and Strategy Justin Reid said all three players were looking to build on the work they’d done in 2017.

“Kyle has shown across his career that he has what it takes to compete at the highest level. While this year didn’t go to plan for him, he is excited for what next season holds,” Reid said.

“Ben and Paul impressed in the SANFL this year, with Ben improving his consistency at the level and Paul continuing to develop nicely as a ruckman/forward.

“We are thrilled that all three have re-committed to the Club for 2018.”

On Tuesday, Adelaide confirmed that promising rookies Hugh Greenwood and Alex Keath would be elevated to the Club's senior list in Season 2018.
Surprised we are keeping Hunter, I thought for sure he would get delisted. Also happy to see Cheney signed on and looking forward to seeing him finally play again in 2018. Also do you know if Dear is contracted?

On SM-T810 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back