Remove this Banner Ad

Johnny Bananas

Queensland's greatest love machine
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Last edited:
Big question marks were on his durability when traded in 2017. Was fantastic in 2018, but his body isn't holding up and he is regressing as anticipated. Essendon would be shrewd to get a second rounder and I wouldn't want him at Collingwood - the way he's regressing he'd be a marginal upgrade on Josh Thomas.

Only has three years left tops.

Sam Edmund actually has no idea, so just rolls out the usual Geelong and Saints.

Laughable!

So far, Geelong will take...
Crouch
Higgins
Caldwell
Viney - oops, got that wrong
Cameron
XOH, and
Brown
Brander

It's seriously becoming a joke this reporting
Most clubs do their due diligence and have backup plans in case some fall through, certainly smart to be talking to a few guys when so many have multiple clubs interested

Most clubs do their due diligence and have backup plans in case some fall through, certainly smart to be talking to a few guys when so many have multiple clubs interested
Yep all clubs would have target lists/conversations with 8+ players.

Never going to get all of them but gotta see what is out there.

Sam Edmund actually has no idea, so just rolls out the usual Geelong and Saints.

Laughable!

Crouch
Higgins
Caldwell
Cameron
XOH, and
Brown
Brander

See below \/ \/ \/

It sure is a hell of a time to be alive if you are an AFL journalist. Can make up sh*t with no reppercussion. Best of all, you can earn a decent wage doing it too. #wheredoIssignup

These are actual paid journalists with AFL accreditation too. I bang on about it but the AFL industry is one of the most immature in the world when it comes to professional sport.

Saints make the most sense for him, IMO. Team on the up who got exposed in the midfield last night - perfect fit

Devon Smith isn’t the answer to any team that needs to improve their midfield. Does bugger all inside the contest except tackle and pretend he’s tough, and bugger all outside the contest too. They tried him behind the ball towards the end of the season and it allowed him to rack up some nice cheapies. Maybe that’s his go moving forward. How any club could part with a first rounder to bring this bloke in is extraordinary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Devon Smith isn’t the answer to any team that needs to improve their midfield. Does bugger all inside the contest except tackle and pretend he’s tough, and bugger all outside the contest too. They tried him behind the ball towards the end of the season and it allowed him to rack up some nice cheapies. Maybe that’s his go moving forward. How any club could part with a first rounder to bring this bloke in is extraordinary.
why do people over exagerate? No one has suggested a first rounder..

Hero hindsite trading is possibly the lowest form of posting on this site.

This is the draft, trades and free agency board isn’t it? The place to discuss trades? Sorry, I must have ended up in the wrong place.

Where should I post that one club has already overpaid for him, so it’s unlikely another club will make the same mistake?

Essendon also got 2 second round picks back in return, so it really was not as bad a deal as you make it out to be.

Is that you Sam Edmund?

It sure is a hell of a time to be alive if you are an AFL journalist. Can make up sh*t with no reppercussion. Best of all, you can earn a decent wage doing it too. #wheredoIssignup
If you look at my posting history, I mentioned it before it was on foxsports on our board earlier in the week.

I'm not a journalist. I just post when I hear things. Not sure why you are having a meltdown about it.

Small forwards and small mmidfielders are an area we are well stocked in so I wouldn't have thought we would be chasing him we have more pressing trade needs.
your list is Aging like my Granny. an Smith would be a good get for Geelong since they love to go for the " TopUP " instead of going to the Draft to get youth

Laughable!

Crouch
Higgins
Caldwell
Cameron
XOH, and
Brown
Brander

You're a little bit harsh there as I don't think Geelong have been linked to Brown at all. I don't think they have been really linked to Caldwell either and I think he wants way too much $. For example, St Kilda's alleged offer. Geelong is priced out.

Secondly, they asked for Brander last year instead of a draft pick. That's fact. The link is purely on that they wanted him last year.

Geelong admitted they spoke to Viney but said was very preliminary and there interest was over stated. I assume most clubs would have a look at Viney especially if you are chasing Crouch.

Then, they are still linked to Higgins, Crouch and Cameron. In fact, the media across the board is linking Geelong to them so I have no reason to doubt the media.

And XOH, I don't know where Geelong are favourites for him but they have three first rounders and it would make sense to try trade one for a player a little bit older especially with their list profile. He isn't a star so kind of irrelevant compared to most players listed.

They are also going to lose quiet a few players this year.

your list is Aging like my Granny. an Smith would be a good get for Geelong since they love to go for the " TopUP " instead of going to the Draft to get youth

You completely missed my point but thanks.

He’s too selfish. And absolutely no good behind the ball. I don’t care what any stats say, I watched him closely a few times this year and he’s not a good enough kick imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back