Dixon,Danger or Treloar?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dangerfield is a free agent. He either wants to come to Collingwood in which case we work out a front loaded contract that will get him there or he doesn't and we move on. At the same time players like Treloar and Dixon, if available should be pursued. If we did get Dangerfield though I'd take Dixon over Treloar because a mid and a forward would be a good get and add more to our squad than two mids. I also think GC wold be an easier trade partner than GWS. It's a pity our Qld contingent are not worth anything more though. If we did want Treloar, it would take something like our first round pick and Witts.

Very few teams are further away from a premiership than North Melbourne, plus their facilities are shit.

It'll be one of the big Melbourne clubs who gets him, wouldn't be surprised if it comes down to Collingwood and Richmond.
I think Arden street got a big upgrade and facilitiesb are actually top class

Treloar imo would cost too much at trade table. Need Danger through FA and Dixon and Aish through trade. Then shop around whatever trade bait we have and picks to get highest pick possible then yse that pick on best available KPP

Dangerfield is a free agent. He either wants to come to Collingwood in which case we work out a front loaded contract that will get him there or he doesn't and we move on. At the same time players like Treloar and Dixon, if available should be pursued. If we did get Dangerfield though I'd take Dixon over Treloar because a mid and a forward would be a good get and add more to our squad than two mids. I also think GC wold be an easier trade partner than GWS. It's a pity our Qld contingent are not worth anything more though. If we did want Treloar, it would take something like our first round pick and Witts.
Unlucky Keeffe is out. They could have their choice/s in a package of Keeffe, Thomas, Oxley

Treloar imo would cost too much at trade table. Need Danger through FA and Dixon and Aish through trade. Then shop around whatever trade bait we have and picks to get highest pick possible then yse that pick on best available KPP

If we get Dixon do we need another KPP this year. May have to wait for another year or be a late roughy.

If we get Dixon do we need another KPP this year. May have to wait for another year or be a late roughy.

We still need a young KPD even if we get Dixon, Brown doesn't have a long time left at AFL level, Reid might never get there again, Keeffe's career could be over... which leaves just Frost.

We still need a young KPD even if we get Dixon, Brown doesn't have a long time left at AFL level, Reid might never get there again, Keeffe's career could be over... which leaves just Frost.
Not sure what you're smoking Brown is 25-26 years old he has at least 4-5 years left.

Yes but we will have to give up our first round pick to get Dixon. We may not have a pick that will get us another quality KPP so it may have to wait for another year, even if it is a need.

Not sure what you're smoking Brown is 25-26 years old he has at least 4-5 years left.

If you think Brown with all his serious injuries is going to play until he is 31 you are the one smoking something.

He is a hard working and loyal servant but his body won't hold together for ever, and both he and his twin brother have a long history of season ending injuries.

If you think Brown with all his serious injuries is going to play until he is 31 you are the one smoking something.

He is a hard working and loyal servant but his body won't hold together for ever, and both he and his twin brother have a long history of season ending injuries.
people wrote him off this year he is still doing a very good job, I think he has 3-4 years left in him easily.

North Melbourne, Richmond or Collingwood, gee whiz I wonder who he would look at with the best future of the three, north are full of

people wrote him off this year he is still doing a very good job, I think he has 3-4 years left in him easily.

He is doing an okay job, but his disposal by hand and foot has been abysmal and continues to seriously hurt the team. Even if his body makes 4 more seasons his performances will start to drop off as age catches up with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is doing an okay job, but his disposal by hand and foot has been abysmal and continues to seriously hurt the team. Even if his body makes 4 more seasons his performances will start to drop off as age catches up with him.
I suppose time will tell won't it

How has his disposal by hand and foot seriously hurt the team?I can't think of any examples of that.I think we're lucky to have him actually.He's the player you want to take on the Gorillas of the competition,and i think he does a very good job of that.

Does Kyle Martin have the work ethic under a Buckley regime?

I would suggest not but I don't know him and think we can manage well enough without him.
It wouldn't matter. He's not good enough anyway.

How has his disposal by hand and foot seriously hurt the team?I can't think of any examples of that.I think we're lucky to have him actually.He's the player you want to take on the Gorillas of the competition,and i think he does a very good job of that.

You can't think of any examples of that.... hmm....

You must not of watched the last 2 weeks I'm guessing? You can't be serious

Kangas and Tiges trying to trump our 5 year deal offer with 6 year deals

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ri...-long-term-deals/story-fndv8lf1-1227430948775

EXCLUSIVE: NORTH Melbourne and Richmond are prepared to offer Greater Western Sydney midfielder Adam Treloar six-year deals to lure the dazzling youngster home to Victoria.

After missing out on star Swan Daniel Hannebery, the Herald Sun understands the Tigers and Roos have both pitched bumper long-term deals to nab the out-of-contract Giant.

Collingwood is also a strong suitor for Treloar and has reportedly offered a five-year contract.

The three clubs head the race to secure Treloar in a bid to add extra polish and class to their midfield brigades.

What about Marsh?

Don't want Schulz. He's cooked and a short term solution for a long term problem. Will be like Waite at Norf. Carlisle is a no. He's a defender or nothing. Hawkins won't leave and Black is White (lol) but a bit younger. Dixon the only one who interests me in that, and Dixon is a type of player to run hot and cold. I want us to go after a developing key forward who just needs opportunity in the same way Hawthorn went after Gunston. A key forward who's ready to contribute after a strong preseason alongside Cloke. Daniel McStay from the Lions would be a great get, but that's really doubtful. Also one of the reasons why I want to see Mitch Harvey in action against us when we play Port. He might be a good pickup.

It's really unfortunate with Reid, because he is the perfect player to bridge the age gap between Cloke, Moore and any other talent we might get. Reid plays with Cloke up forward, then when Moore starts to earn regular games, we shift Reid behind the ball. When Cloke goes, Reid and Moore lead the way up forward until we have another guy to take Reid's spot. But right now, I'm more interested in a player is young enough to properly compliment Cloke but young enough to play alongside Moore for 5-7 years. Maybe we can sell the farm on McCarthy. I don't know.

I think Carlisle is a big yes if we get the WADA stamp of approval. Can replace Brown and allow Reid/Moore to go forward. I'd be all over him like a cheap suit and he should be relatively cheap coming off his season. Problem is dealing with Dedildo for a reasonable trade.

EXCLUSIVE: NORTH Melbourne and Richmond are prepared to offer Greater Western Sydney midfielder Adam Treloar six-year deals to lure the dazzling youngster home to Victoria.
I dunno how much of an incentive an extra year is anyway. By the end of a five-year contract with commensurate increases in TPP annually, the first year of any new deal would probably be worth plenty in 2021 if he's playing good football. If not, then yeah I guess it's a bit of additional job security for a year but surely you'd gamble on yourself when you're already getting at least five years.

I'd be shocked if he didn't go where he thought he had the best prospective role/cultural fit/chance of winning a flag.

I dunno how much of an incentive an extra year is anyway. By the end of a five-year contract with commensurate increases in TPP annually, the first year of any new deal would probably be worth plenty in 2021 if he's playing good football. If not, then yeah I guess it's a bit of additional job security for a year but surely you'd gamble on yourself when you're already getting at least five years.

I'd be shocked if he didn't go where he thought he had the best prospective role/cultural fit/chance of winning a flag.

I think money/year will be a bigger impact than 5 v 6 v 7 years. The premiership lure may be a factor but won't be huge considering he's leavng GWS.

Is the assumption that GWS are likely to win one? I've always found that notion to be far-fetched. Lots of talent for sure, but plenty of those concessions will
a) bomb (e.g. O'Rourke)
b) cop injuries (e.g. Patton)
c) want out (e.g. Boyd, Adams)

Flags are insanely hard to win and GC look further from one than they ever have, right now. In a few years the likes of Shaw, Mumford, Patful and even Griffen will be saying goodbye and if what's left hasn't clicked, they'll be reliant on their academy to prop them up because the drafts will be relatively uncompromised.

Is the assumption that GWS are likely to win one? I've always found that notion to be far-fetched. Lots of talent for sure, but plenty of those concessions will
a) bomb (e.g. O'Rourke)
b) cop injuries (e.g. Patton)
c) want out (e.g. Boyd, Adams)

Flags are insanely hard to win and GC look further from one than they ever have, right now. In a few years the likes of Shaw, Mumford, Patful and even Griffen will be saying goodbye and if what's left hasn't clicked, they'll be reliant on their academy to prop them up because the drafts will be relatively uncompromised.

Boyd and Adams situation where Different. Boyd wanted out after 1 Year and did not want to stay.

GWS Wanted to Stay but they need Salary Cap Space and Adams put his name up to create the Space as they Thought for Buddy. But when they Found out Buddy was off the the Swans. Adams had already agreed to join us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back