Do I really believe?

Remove this Banner Ad

sosos

Premiership Player
Apr 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm loving it but I'm still not sure. Just can't shake the nagging doubt eating away at me.

Last four weeks have seriously been the best I have seen for over two decades. Even in the best of the Judd years, it felt brittle.

This now has the makings of something epic. But I just can't believe it yet. Too many false dawns have seared my trust.

Not dismissing the Eagles but if we produce something like we have recently against the filth, maybe I can start feeling a bit more confident.

Go Blues.

I believe in the way we are playing and that it could beat anybody. I am still wondering how sustainable it is. I also think we are a couple more injuries away from it all falling apart.

Do I trust them to finish the job? I'd be stupid to go that far.

We are playing very well now, no doubt, but I think that horror run of 6 losses in a row ended our season from a finals aspirations point of view.
Couldn’t agree more. They lost me in that sense after the dogs game. They’d have to buck some serious history to make it. Only 3 teams in the last 30 years have recovered from something like that and all of them were deep in finals previously. I do wonder if this is the makings of us becoming a finals fixture for the long run though.

We are playing very well now, no doubt, but I think that horror run of 6 losses in a row ended our season from a finals aspirations point of view.
I reckon I've done the ladder predictor 100 times and come up with 100 different results.

There's so many 50/50 games with ourselves and the other teams around us....but the Saints game in a few weeks time is absolutely pivotal to our chances of making finals.

Couldn’t agree more. They lost me in that sense after the dogs game. They’d have to buck some serious history to make it. Only 3 teams in the last 30 years have recovered from something like that and all of them were deep in finals previously. I do wonder if this is the makings of us becoming a finals fixture for the long run though.
I saw a video of Daniel Hoyne (stats man on SEN) and he likens us to Melb the year before the won the flag (2020). The year before they had a crap year but fished strongly and launched into what turned out to be the premiership year. The missed finals in 2020 but laid the foundations for 2021. Hopefully this link works.

Yes.

I think the huge swing in form from 4 weeks ago is a big deal.

Our current form is nothing like what we’ve dished up since our rebuild started.

The closest similarity in form we’ve displayed previously was our start to last season but even then we looked vulnerable in some matches and end up scraping through against some lowly ranked teams.

However, Our last 4 wins have been rock solid through each game.

We have reached new heights.

We are applying loads of pressure over 4 quarters.

We are playing a modern exciting brand with speed of play, lots of overlap running and hand balling.

Our f50 entries are much much more thoughtful and effective.

Our forwards are leading into space which is helping our f50 entries.

Finally our improved depth is starting to pay dividends. There is more comp for spots and players are more desperate to get better. We’ve seen good improvements in fog kemp jsos (more recently) cincotta boyd and Cerra is bordering on elite.

Lots of reasons to believe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes.

I think the huge swing in form from 4 weeks ago is a big deal.

Our current form is nothing like what we’ve dished up since our rebuild started.

The closest similarity in form we’ve displayed previously was our start to last season but even then we looked vulnerable in some matches and end up scraping through against some lowly ranked teams.

However, Our last 4 wins have been rock solid through each game.

We have reached new heights.

We are applying loads of pressure over 4 quarters.

We are playing a modern exciting brand with speed of play, lots of overlap running and hand balling.

Our f50 entries are much much more thoughtful and effective.

Our forwards are leading into space which is helping our f50 entries.

Finally our improved depth is starting to pay dividends. There is more comp for spots and players are more desperate to get better. We’ve seen good improvements in fog kemp jsos (more recently) cincotta boyd and Cerra is bordering on elite.

Lots of reasons to believe.

Our fwd entries in the Port game were exceptional. we didnt bomb it into Alir we either went in shallow or handball our way thru and went (chaos) long to a contest. Also Charlie didnt fly for everything, if he knew he couldnt mark it he soft handed to his feet, where the crumbers were.

I saw a video of Daniel Hoyne (stats man on SEN) and he likens us to Melb the year before the won the flag (2020). The year before they had a crap year but fished strongly and launched into what turned out to be the premiership year. The missed finals in 2020 but laid the foundations for 2021. Hopefully this link works.

I was going to post this. Thanks for beating me to it.
Pies will be the real litmus test. Doesn't even necessarily need to be a win (although that would be preferred). If we can match it with them and give them a fright, that will go a long way to confirming that we can take it to anyone.

I was a big believer at the start of last season when we flew out of the blocks and we won a heap of games then the game against the Pies and Weiters ran from full back to the centre bounce to lay a big hip an shoulder in DeGoey an came off second best. That was such a stupid thing to do and i believe that cost us playing finals last year.
Here we are again,flying out of the blocks after the bye and we lose Big H last week but we were able to still tear the game apart against a quality team in Port with the whole team playing their role.
How good would it be to see how far we could go with a full strength team?
Do I believe? Yeah, play like last week and we can beat any team.
Is it sustainable the way we played? I don't think so.
I'm going to enjoy the ride and see where it takes us.
No more injuries for the rest of the season tyvm!
Blue skies ahead🤞🤞💙💙

I'm loving it but I'm still not sure. Just can't shake the nagging doubt eating away at me.

Last four weeks have seriously been the best I have seen for over two decades. Even in the best of the Judd years, it felt brittle.

This now has the makings of something epic. But I just can't believe it yet. Too many false dawns have seared my trust.

Not dismissing the Eagles but if we produce something like we have recently against the filth, maybe I can start feeling a bit more confident.

Go Blues.

1689812026496.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back