Do I really believe?

Remove this Banner Ad

At the game today mid second quarter I thought to myself, ‘the annual Gold Coast choke fest is on again for the blues. My 12 year old son who has only seen us lose live in his lifetime was really angry which is rare for him to get that way (usually I am the one throwing the toys out of the cot). I embraced him and said ‘don’t worry mate, we are different now. We will either come back and make this a close one, maybe even win although unlikely or we will get the win next week and be in finals. I will fly down to MELB or get tickets to the Gabba for our prelim that we will win’. We both calmed down and I kid you not, within a couple of minutes we had front row seats to the Curnow show! After the game we both hugged each other teary eyed trying to sing the song with barely voices left. Finally he felt what I used to feel at his age. A reason to believe.

Last edited:

Amazing to think that 12 weeks ago I wasn't thinking about footy much at all, and if I did it was only to think about whether there was a way to turn a top 4 draft pick into whatever we needed to finally get ourselves out of the mire.

Skip forward to now and I'm now planning for the blues to be part of September action. To finally get to see Cripps play finals. To see how well our reborn system holds up against the best. To wonder just how far we can go.

It's been a great ride to be on - what a thrill to get here

On SM-A136B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The last 2 years have shown a direct correlation between a star player featuring in a cash converters add and winning the premiership.

2021 - Petracca (games console)
2022 - Cameron (drill and saw)

In 2023 Patty Cripps (surf board and golf clubs) makes an appearance.
Could this be a massive omen for Carlton?

To make it interesting Lauchie Neale also makes an appearance. (Didn't see what he bought but was probably crap).

If either Carlton or Brisbane win the GF this year then this omen is *en legit!

Thought you guys should know.

Edit: Lauchie Neale got a s**t radio.

Last edited:
Do I really believe?

Not yet but getting closer, for me, unless we win the flag, it's not about this year it's about how we react to the pressure next season and beyond.

We should be a realistic premiership chance for the next few years and it's that pressure that will define if I can believe.

The last 2 years have shown a direct correlation between a star player featuring in a cash converters add and winning the premiership.

2021 - Petracca (games console)
2022 - Cameron (drill and saw)

In 2023 Patty Cripps (surf board and golf clubs) makes an appearance.
Could this be a massive omen for Carlton?

The year after Argentinas National Football side La Albiceleste ('The White and Sky Blue') won their first World Cup in 1978, we were Premiers (1979).

The year after they won their second world cup in 1986, we again won the flag (1987).

Argentina won their third World Cup last year.

The year after Argentinas National Football side La Albiceleste ('The White and Sky Blue') won their first World Cup in 1978, we were Premiers (1979).

The year after they won their second world cup in 1986, we again won the flag (1987).

Argentina won their third World Cup last year.

FB_IMG_1695276258270.jpg

FB_IMG_1695217041923.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back