tayls

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2004
Ablett Town
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Geelong
Read in the paper this morning that Bomber had spoken to Blake Caracella about coming to Geelong. With Benny gone there is a bit of money free so i spose we can afford him. But do we really need him. Will having him halt the development of say Mackie and maybe Lonergan and some other youngsters? He is a good goal sneak and proven perfromer i reckon he would be great hovering around the forward line with Otto and Kent, Johnson, Chappy and the rest. Very handy pick up pobably good for 30 odd goals and considering Benny may have gotten say 40 and good replacement i think.

The decision on whether to take him will be largely out of our hands I imagine. Plenty of teams have earlier picks than us in the PSD and will take him if available and affordable.

The club will have to decide at some stage whether they are going to use a late pick in the National Draft or their pick in the PSD. If we decide to use a pick in the PSD and Caracella slips through to our pick, the decision must be made as to whether or not he is a better option than drafting another recycled player.

I for one, can't think of anyone better than Blake that we'd be interested in.

A more likely scenario however, is that we use that late pick in the National Draft and Caracella will either stay with Brisbane or get picked up by someone like Collingwood.

phat said:
I'll pass.

He is talented, but he is also a mercenary squib.

Bit harsh i would have thought, the money is going to waste anyway why not sign him up to one year deal and hope he provides a bit of polish to our onball and forward divisions.

Not fussed eitheir way but surely you would rather him (a 2 time Premiership player) as no 38 on our list than Will Slade.

Bomber loves him always has, i have heard him talk about players as being a "Caracella type" before if he is available at our pick he will be taken.

catempire said:
The club will have to decide at some stage whether they are going to use a late pick in the National Draft or their pick in the PSD.

3 spots on the list, have to have 3 selections in the national draft. If we want to participate in the psd we need to delist another player, is that still possible?

Yes he would be a great get for the club. Has that bit of class and goal sense that would go great down at the cats. We could sign him up by giving him 450 in his first year then 100 in his next. By doing this we could stop most other clubs from having a crack at him.

bulletproof said:
Bit harsh i would have thought, the money is going to waste anyway why not sign him up to one year deal and hope he provides a bit of polish to our onball and forward divisions.

Not fussed eitheir way but surely you would rather him (a 2 time Premiership player) as no 38 on our list than Will Slade.

Bomber loves him always has, i have heard him talk about players as being a "Caracella type" before if he is available at our pick he will be taken.

How is the money going to waste?

I'd doubt Caracella would want a 1 yr contract anyhow. I'd certainly be looking for more security if I was him.

Unwritten_Law said:
3 spots on the list, have to have 3 selections in the national draft. If we want to participate in the psd we need to delist another player, is that still possible?

I don't believe so....though I do stand to be corrected

tayls said:
Read in the paper this morning that Bomber had spoken to Blake Caracella about coming to Geelong. With Benny gone there is a bit of money free so i spose we can afford him. But do we really need him. Will having him halt the development of say Mackie and maybe Lonergan and some other youngsters? He is a good goal sneak and proven perfromer i reckon he would be great hovering around the forward line with Otto and Kent, Johnson, Chappy and the rest. Very handy pick up pobably good for 30 odd goals and considering Benny may have gotten say 40 and good replacement i think.

spend it on a youngster! :)

vicpride99 said:
Yes he would be a great get for the club. Has that bit of class and goal sense that would go great down at the cats. We could sign him up by giving him 450 in his first year then 100 in his next. By doing this we could stop most other clubs from having a crack at him.

LOL - You are amazing. No chance of Carrot-seller going to Geelong? how? WHY? apparently you guys had 16 "untouchables" and gained Ottens, yet you still think you should spend 450k on a weak reciever such a Carrot-seller??? if you have as many untouchables as you think you do, NO WAY will you want nor get Carrot-Seller...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hes soft like the rest of the geelong players. I hope you do get him so then you will definitly not go in for the ball

Snickers, isn't that a candy bar that's often mistaken for s**t?

Snickers said:
hes soft like the rest of the geelong players. I hope you do get him so then you will definitly not go in for the ball

SOFT???????!!!!!!!!

At least we didn't suffer the humiliation of finishing bottom 5 for couple of years in a row just to rebuild and get back towards the top 5. Besides, the only thing soft is St. Kilda (It must be pretty lonely with only the one premiership cup) and Fraser's manhood (Wasn't he involved in taking a leak on some policeman's daughter? Just shows that St. Kilda players are not only soft downstairs but upstairs too!)

Go back to your own board.

GeeCat said:
I don't believe so....though I do stand to be corrected

G , I think you will find we can.Just heard Cooky on SEN and the story is..
we must pick 3 in the National after which we could then delist another player to go for Caracella if we wished.However all players that might be looked at are contracted so a payout woud ensue.
Should we, well to me its purley a $ question.We chased after him before he went to the Lions because we needed a converter of chances. Looking at the inside 50's in the PF get wasted I was thinking that Caracella might have been handy.So if he was available at the right price I'd payout a player like Thurley who Id dont see breaking into our side. What is the right price probably less than he wants .We must not screw ourselves into a tight spot,that being 100% for player like him(not KP) so Id say you wont see him in Hoops

Can't see how we could get him, even if we were to delist another (Rahilly or Thurley) to make way for Caracella, chances of him still being around where it comes to our pick would be slim. It would also be wrong of the club to have promised another year to Rahilly, then go back on that for a player who imo, won't add much to the team and is only going to be a short-term prospect.

I suspect Caracella and Thompson had talks, but that probably had more to do with their time together at Essendon and they are quite possibly still friends.

Turbocat said:
G , I think you will find we can.Just heard Cooky on SEN and the story is..
we must pick 3 in the National after which we could then delist another player to go for Caracella if we wished.However all players that might be looked at are contracted so a payout woud ensue.
Should we, well to me its purley a $ question.We chased after him before he went to the Lions because we needed a converter of chances. Looking at the inside 50's in the PF get wasted I was thinking that Caracella might have been handy.So if he was available at the right price I'd payout a player like Thurley who Id dont see breaking into our side. What is the right price probably less than he wants .We must not screw ourselves into a tight spot,that being 100% for player like him(not KP) so Id say you wont see him in Hoops

Fair enough then, cheers for clearing that one up

he'd be a handy player in the forwardline however i wouldn't go throwing money at him as he is not a deperately required player and could jepordise the signing of our young guns in next couple of years to salary squeeze

The talk in quite a few threads is that caracella wants to be delisted by brisbane and therefore enter into the national draft. what do people think if we drafted caracella with pick 32? i would be happy for the club to draft him as the draft this year is relatively weak

Remove this Banner Ad

Back