Mega Thread Do you have a football watching routine that must not be interrupted in any way?

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it's a neutral game:
- buy a block of lindt chocolate and some sparkling mineral water.
- bite the first half of each lindt square, for the other half let it dissolve slowly to really appreciate the chocolate's quality
- ration 4 sips of mineral water for each lindt square
- at quarter time pop across the road
- buy three beers, usually BEEZ NEEZ or a new fav QUIET DEEDS
- buy a packet of burger rings or balsamic vinegar rock deli chips.
- Drink one beer per quarter
- divide the packet of chips into thirds so you still have enough for the last quarter
- text mates at half time, three quarter time to make fun of their team
- post on big footy.

If it's a hawks game:
- go to the game
- if not possible then go to a pub with at least one mate, prefer a hawks fan to an enemy. Will take a neutral in a pinch
- drink one pint per quarter
- buy salt and vinegar chips just before the game and at half time
- toilet breaks at 20 minute mark of each quarter.

Interrupt any of these and I will ******* lose it.

Mine is trying to organise a BBQ at my house and gently trying to exclude the womenfolk who seem to want to discuss interior decorating during the game on my game watching couch in front of my game watching TV

> Wake up on Game Day.
> Hop on to BigFooty to see what my fellow posters have to say about the upcoming game.
> Abuse opposition supporters that we're going to smash them.
> If I'm going to the game, finish my assignments so I can enjoy the game in peace.
> If I'm watching it on telly, it's a game of footy with mates before the big game.
> Have a shower.
> Have a nice lunch. Extra if it's an afternoon game.
> Pre-game nerves start kicking in.
> Get excited as heck for the bounce.
> Scream at every goal we kick.
> Swear at a player whenever the opposition kick a goal.
> If we win, summarise everything good about the game, hop on BigFooty and share experience.
> If we lose, it's a bad mood for the rest of the weekend week until it goes away.
> Rinse and repeat.

This is just for watching game at home
  • Must have Smiths thin cut Salt and Vinegar chips
  • Have cold Drinks
  • Go to the Toilet regurly
  • Pick a team if i am watching as a neutral
  • Discuss stuff on big footy
Going to the Game
  • Get Maccas or KFC
  • Get some Bread top
  • Listen to some tunes
  • Read the Record
  • Warm the vocal cords up

2 flakes, 2 cakes, double serve of chips and a double serve of salt, followed by a quick half time wank over Nic Nat highlights.

Etihad game - Woolshed before. Sit in shitty Essendon members seats surrounded by morons who know nothing about the game and get generally really shitty that I can only get mid strength beers.

MCG game(Essendon playing). Level 3 seat, Bar before, Bar at 1/4 time, Bar at 1/2 time plus a few minutes into the 3rd. Heavy drinking at the bar once Essendon win.

MCG game(Nuetral supporter). Depending if the boys want to watch its the same but if im with another Neutral and its not a Sunday, ive been known to spend the entire game in the bar watching the interstate game on the screen or talking rubbish.

Ive really got this whole spectator thing worked out.

Wake up in the morning feeling like L Shuey
Grab my scarf I'm out the door I'm gonna go to Subi
Before I leave I like to whack it to a picture of Jack
'Cos when I leave for the game I ain't looking for a shag

I'm talking shitty beer at the ground, ground
Ashton Hams ducking 'round, 'round
All our fans not making a sound, sound

Dean Cox and pleading for a free kick
Adam Selwood making me sick
Trying to sledge our Tom Swift

Game time, I hate life
Umpy, you are f***ing blind
BigFooty, I post s**t
'Til I learn to cool it
Game time, I feel smashing
When we start the thrashing oh
BOOOOOO-OOOO-OO-OO
BOOOOOO-OOOO-OO-OO

no, i am not an autistic manchild

This. Oh and the problem with a routine is that I don't have foxtel or anything like that so I'm switching between going to the game, watching it on tv or listening to it on the radio. So there's no real place for pattern anyway. People who seriously have a routine for every game seem odd, do you have to listen to the radio in the same way you watch the game? What if you're driving? Why would you do the same thing at the game that you'd do watching it at home?

"Sorry hun, before we drive I have to go through my pre game routine before we can leave and I can listen to the game on the radio". This man will get divorced fairly quickly I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back