Does any believe Scully is injured?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 5, 2010
MELBOURNE
AFL Club
Melbourne
I sure don't.

This kid was flown home from Shanghai with family issues to see to. Didn't play.

He then missed the practice matches(40min games) against Adelaide and Port. The issue arose of him possibly going to GWS. He didn't play against Essendon in the NAB Cup.

Then, he has that terrible media conference that doesn't adress the issue of going to GWS, saying he hadn't signed or met with anyone. Melbourne supporters were split in beliefs whether he was going after he told us nothing. He obviously convinced Jimmy that he might stay, cause Bails let him play the next couple practice matches against Brissy and the Hawks.

It seems the Dees are more convinced now than ever, that he is gone. He has a knee injury that doesn't even have a name. No bones or muscles affected that usual footballers have. Yet, here he is, missing from Round 1 teams on Thursday. Then out for another 3 weeks, and another couple, now this.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/111585/default.aspx

Sorry fellow Demons, Scull-Cap has left us. I'm now convinced. And not happy.

Anyone agree or disagree?

I would hope not.

If he is a best 22 player, I certainly wouldn't be happy to contribute my money to a club that is impacting it's chance at winning by sitting out someone in some kind of statement.

If it is what it is, some kind of injury that keeps hanging around, I wouldn't risk playing him either. Take that from a supporter of a club who had a tendency to play injured players, including kids, impacting their careers long term.

Just saw the latest injury report on the news here at work, and a couple of us were discussing it. I'm certainly starting to have suspicions.

Ironically, shortly after the Scully story, the NRL Wayne Bennett coaching decision came on, followed by Jamal Idris (Canterbury Bulldogs) signing a five-year deal to go to Gold Coast Titans.

Bennett will go on coaching St George but his decision affects three clubs, while I'm sure Idris will play out the season with the Bulldogs. That sort of thing has been going on for years in the NRL and, while it would initially be a major culture shock within AFL circles, surely there's a way it can be done better ... in both codes.

Question. If Melbourne dont play him this year because he has signed with GWS does that effect the compensation pick they would get because he wouldnt of played as many games?

If he is a best 22 player, I certainly wouldn't be happy to contribute my money to a club that is impacting it's chance at winning by sitting out someone in some kind of statement.

As someone who is contributing their money to the club, if this suggestion is in fact true, I have no problem with it. The club shouldn't gift games and development into someone who has decided they no longer want to be there.

However, I don't believe this suggestion by the OP. I reckon it is a genuine knee injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question. If Melbourne dont play him this year because he has signed with GWS does that effect the compensation pick they would get because he wouldnt of played as many games?

Possibly. But I believe he would also have a case against hem to sue for loss of earnings. If he were fit to be selected, and clearly worthy of playing every game, then as a contracted player he should be played. He is losing match payments.
I believe he is injured, but it is an interesting conspiracy.

Interesting theory. If Melbourne are that certain about Scully leaving, that they refuse to play him and make up injuries, why wouldn't they just go public? What's to lose at this point?

Are you suggesting Scully is refusing to play, or Melbourne are refusing to play Scully?

I'm suggesting Melbourne refuse to play him. Considering Bailey loves him, I'd say this is the instruction from above. Maybe I'm wrong, but something smells fishy about this one.

Are you suggesting Scully is refusing to play, or Melbourne are refusing to play Scully?

Why would Scully refuse to play for Melbourne? :rolleyes:

I like this conspiracy theory a lot. I wouldn't want a player at North who had signed to GWS getting a game when we could be developing another kid thats for sure.

Anyone know the legalities of not playing a fit player though? Could Scully sue for loss of earnings?

Interesting theory. If Melbourne are that certain about Scully leaving, that they refuse to play him and make up injuries, why wouldn't they just go public? What's to lose at this point?

Agreed, I hate conspiracy theories.

Yup, this is where the conspiracy blows up.

Unless, of course, Melbourne has bribed a doctor to intentionally diagnose a mystery knee illness.
Haha, this is going a bit far now.

Reality is, he probably IS injured with a rare knee injury, he wants to play, the club wants him to play and he probably hasn't signed on with GWS nor will he.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back