Does any believe Scully is injured?

Remove this Banner Ad

The best of this whole thing is the suggestion that fully fit players could sue if they weren't selected.

If this was possible, Daniel Harris could have sued North to bits in 08/09 when Laidley refused to play him despite him clearly being AFL capable.

FFS - any player who gets dropped could sue.

Shane Tuck too. He'd be in their best 22 wouldn't he?

Anyways, I can see why other Dees supporters are against the theory, but we'll find out soon enough. If he announces he is going to GWS and his injury mysteriously mends, I sir, will have no doubts.

I'm staggered that people would actually want their club to perform at anything less than their best.

Last year Harbrow was in the 85% certain to go category and I was more than happy for him to play as long as he gave 100%. He did.

Not a troll guys.

But i do think he is coming to GWS. He has 3-4 weeks away 3-4 weeks ago.(Give or take :p) Either he is not working very well on his injury? or your medical staff has stuffed bit big time, Or excuses are being made already.

Would love Tom at GWS next year, But think it would be a huge shame for you guys.

Cheers :thumbsu:

Apparently this bloke could of sued as well considering he played his whole year out in the 2s even though he was fit.

rich14_17457485_gallery__284x400.jpg

Could Scully be getting 'McMahoned'. :D

Last year Harbrow was in the 85% certain to go category and I was more than happy for him to play as long as he gave 100%. He did.

The irony being that he has been an absolute squib not giving even 50% effort so far for Gold Coast. It's kind of funny that they have 3 of their big recruits that are giving them no effort, kind of karmic.

Difference was you were a genuine premiership contender, regardless of whether Harbrow was staying or not, you had to pick him to be a chance. Melbourne aren't in that position, their window opens next year at best, if they have a bloke they know won't be there when that happens, they may aswell get some games into a fringe player who will be.

As for those saying he could sue, just about any older player who has been dropped as their club adopted a "youth policy" could sue, I think it's obvious why none have.

He will be with GWS in 2012,and if the Dee's don't make the 8 this year Bailey will be gone also,few good coaches floating around at the moment Paul Roos and Malthouse will be available in 2012 also.!!!

Hassa

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why on earth would either party fake an injury? Scully has nothing to gain, because if he's going to GWS, he wants to be able to ask as much as possible. Melbourne have nothing to gain, because if Scully is going to GWS, they want to get the best compensation possible.

Oh, and Paul Roos isn't available, he has a job coaching the Swans Academy.

Hmmm.... maybe Tayte Pears has signed with GWS.

Considering he fractured his knee cap (patella) just before he was drafted. It isn't that far fetched that he actually might have stress issues in the previously fractured patella.
The most likely scenario.

..if this was true his manager would leak a story to the press in a heartbeat..
Yep.

It'd be a pretty ironic statement from a club that threw games to get him in the first place. In fact, it'd almost be karma, if you believe in that sorta thing.
True dat.

Any bloke who signs a contract with someone whilst being contracted to someone else is a bit of dog anyway tbh. If he has already signed and melbourne know about it then i wouldnt play him either. It's all well and good and above board for any player to go wherever they want as long as its equitable for all parties as far as im concerned but dogging the club that gives you an opportunity 1 year into your first 2 year contract is just the act of cowardice, dishonesty and a surpreme lack of loyalty.
Horseshit. Melbourne didn't give Scully the opportunity to play AFL - he was always going to, it was just a question of where. He had no say in his place of employment - can you imagine uni graduates being drafted to work for companies and having no choice of which?

If the rumours are true that Scully came home from Shanghai early because he was not impressed with goings-on, why should he stay at a workplace if he feels it is unprofessional? He owes the Demons nothing more than the mandatory two years he signed for.

Besides, he's coming to Richmond. :p

The best of this whole thing is the suggestion that fully fit players could sue if they weren't selected.

If this was possible, Daniel Harris could have sued North to bits in 08/09 when Laidley refused to play him despite him clearly being AFL capable.

FFS - any player who gets dropped could sue.

Damian Peverill sued EFC in 2008 for non-selection - And won a settlement.

The most likely scenario.

Yep.

True dat.

Horseshit. Melbourne didn't give Scully the opportunity to play AFL - he was always going to, it was just a question of where. He had no say in his place of employment - can you imagine uni graduates being drafted to work for companies and having no choice of which?

If the rumours are true that Scully came home from Shanghai early because he was not impressed with goings-on, why should he stay at a workplace if he feels it is unprofessional? He owes the Demons nothing more than the mandatory two years he signed for.

Besides, he's coming to Richmond. :p

A future midfield of Martin, Scully, Deledio, Cotchin and conca would scare the absolute **** outa me.

If Scully is getting these ongoing injuries at this early age,he would be mad not to take the GWS offer

and if he does,melbourne could dodge a bullet

I'd rather have an injury prone Scully than no Scully.

So Scully has a sore knee.

He does rehab and every time he starts to step up training he says to the Docs, 'nope, its no good'. They run tests, scans etc but he keeps saying it is sore and not recovering.

He is on bugger all money as it is and might have decided that he does not want to risk getting injured with his big pay day around the corner.

Unlikely but its a way he could 'refuse' to play but not come out and state it.

Personally I think he is gone, any player that was definately linked with GC went.

So Scully has a sore knee.

He does rehab and every time he starts to step up training he says to the Docs, 'nope, its no good'. They run tests, scans etc but he keeps saying it is sore and not recovering.

He is on bugger all money as it is and might have decided that he does not want to risk getting injured with his big pay day around the corner.

Unlikely but its a way he could 'refuse' to play but not come out and state it.

Personally I think he is gone, any player that was definately linked with GC went.

Is that a bit 20/20 hindsight?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back