Does your interest in the AFL wane when the WC is on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Its amazing how little you offer any thread at all, instead preferring to troll. Another example of how badly this forum is moderated. You are classic nerd in mums basement.

On topic, I went to Adelaide Hawthorn whilst WC. Wasnt an easy choice but I feel that I am much more attached to the Crows than Socceroos.

Although the times generally dont interfere between the codes so Ive been able to watch both. Long way of saying no, interest doesnt wane

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its amazing how little you offer any thread at all, instead preferring to troll. Another example of how badly this forum is moderated. You are classic nerd in mums basement.

On topic, I went to Adelaide Hawthorn whilst WC. Wasnt an easy choice but I feel that I am much more attached to the Crows than Socceroos.

Although the times generally dont interfere between the codes so Ive been able to watch both. Long way of saying no, interest doesnt wane
I made the decision to go AFL instead. The first half of that AFL game almost drove me to tears - we were both shithouse. But then I got a win in the end and saw that the Socceroos lost.

But you know winning isn’t everything. Wouldn’t watch a cockroach race based on great odds of my cockroach winning for example.

Hmmm....but for that third quarter of James Sicily probably should have watched the Socceroos

Interest is high for both.
The driven narrative for 2018 is "footy is s**t, in trouble, blah, blah"
It is usually determined by how well one's team is going in any given year.
Footy was s**t in 2016 but fantastic in 2017/18... funny that!

The World Cup will be fantastic right up to the point that England get knocked out on penalties.

Why would my interest in the AFL be affected by a boring competition like the soccer world cup ??? It is BARELY a sport ..........

My interest due to Carlton playing like crap .......

Before this post, I thought the thread was about West Coast, lol.

I was like: I quite like watching Nic Nat, I don't really get this... do some Cats fans still hate them that much from the 90s? :D

I made the decision to go AFL instead. The first half of that AFL game almost drove me to tears - we were both shithouse. But then I got a win in the end and saw that the Socceroos lost.

But you know winning isn’t everything. Wouldn’t watch a cockroach race based on great odds of my cockroach winning for example.

Hmmm....but for that third quarter of James Sicily probably should have watched the Socceroos

I did have the SBS app going, barely looked in the first half, yes the game was dour but it was at least close...but as the third qtr went on and into the 4th as there was no hope I probably spent a bit more time looking down at the Socceroos match

Nope. They're actually one of the few sides playing something that resembles traditional footy.

However, your mob & their cloning of the seagull game plan? I wouldn't open my curtains to watch it if they were playing in my front yard.

I'd say since the opening few rounds of season 2017 for me. The game, when watching on TV isn't as exciting. So many stupid free kicks given, umpires playing to big a part in who W & L's. A perceived lack of scoring, terrible teams constantly on prime time FTA. Even when its a good team being televised it seems to always be Sydney for some reason, who are known to be a tad boring unless Buddy kicks a bag. Last but not least is the ch7 commentary team. Idk about you but they all need to go. Lingys voice makes my ears bleed. Bruce Imo is well overrated these days. Replace them all except JB, his talent is being restricted working with these knit wits.

Why would my interest in the AFL be affected by a boring competition like the soccer world cup ??? It is BARELY a sport ..........

My interest due to Carlton playing like crap .......
Thanks for that. I literally thought the OP was talking about 'the' West Coast and found it a strange question.
Soccer? I'd rather watch Carlton play.

I saw a tweet that asked the question “would you take 5 years of your AFL club finishing bottom if it meant the Socceroos beat France?”

I wouldn’t even take Port Adelaide losing one game if it meant the Socceroos winning the World Cup.
I'd be happy for the Socceroos to never win another game again... ever! If my team could just win 3 in a row... or maybe even one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back