Doggas last home game! Show respect and GET THERE!

Remove this Banner Ad

I posted this in an another thread, but it also applies here.

The fact that ticket sales have been sluggish doesn't surprise me. We've gone from being a great chance of making the grand final to now appearing like we're just making up the numbers in the space of a week.

I will be there on Friday night, but it's hard to escape that sinking feeling that after losing to Sydney that the Crows are now just going through the motions as far as September goes and I'm sure that i am definitely not the only person who feels that way. The stats dont lie, since our loss against West Coast in 2006 no other home side has lost a prelim final, that week off is absolutely cruicial and a massive advantage going into the prelim final.

The Crows blew a massive opportunity last week and the extremely somber build up to this week in comparison to last week is more than justified considering that history shows these second week games more often than not end up just being a dead rubber.

I would like to address the mounting criticism of hand wagon supporters and this being the reason for slow ticket sales. This is a sweeping generalisation and takes no account of economic reality. Personally I have already shelled out 600 for members tickets then finals, with 3 kids can add up to 170 per game. They could end up in 3 finals, one interstate = around 1000.

For lots of us choices must be made. We chose to go to one final...whichever was our last home game. We are slightly different as I work away so we have to add an air fare, but the point is that its a significant cost that's hard to plan for because you can never be certain of how many finals and where they will be. So you pre determine.

Glib statements like.....you should plan....are fine if you don't have 100 other things competing for your dough.

Anyway, flights and tickets booked so can't wait!

Can anyone tell me why especially as TV books have a 7.00 start
Someone else mentioned it somewhere else but an 8:10 start here is a 6:40 start in WA.
Perfect time for the game on tv as it follows on directly after their news.

I love the passion and enthusiasm to go, really I do, and consider myself as passionate and one eyed as it comes - I dont sleep nights that we lose games due to the pain.
However, I am one of the people that wont be going this week. Would dearly love to, however, cannot simply afford it. Single income earner with a wife and 2 kids at home and 4 bills to pay. Trust me, money CAN be an issue. We aint all able to 'plan ahead' and put money aside for things such as this. I am as passionate as they come, but have to feed a family of 4 first sorry. Oh, and yes, I did go last week with all that I had put aside over the past 4 weeks, but twice in 6 days is a killer guys.
Best get onto Roo and Dits on the Rush Hour, they're giving away stacks of tickets.

Staggering. We don't make finals in 3 years, don't make top 4 in 6 years, lose one final and this is the reaction? I am just dumbstruck by how slowly tickets are selling.

I agree it's ridiculous but I think the $$ factor has to play a part. $80 for the platinum adult ticket is pretty damn expensive to fork out 2 weeks in a row.

Oh well, i'll be there! I do worry for my mental well being if we lose again though....:oops:

I agree it's ridiculous but I think the $$ factor has to play a part. $80 for the platinum adult ticket is pretty damn expensive to fork out 2 weeks in a row.

Oh well, i'll be there! I do worry for my mental well being if we lose again though....:oops:

I'm in the same boat. Got offered to go again this week but can't fork out another $80 in the same pay week :(

Best get onto Roo and Dits on the Rush Hour, they're giving away stacks of tickets.

actually good point. 5AA are giving away a double every morning and afternoon i think. all you have to do is phone in at the right time i think.

i'd rather passionate people there than your usual 5AA listener that sits by the phone waiting to win every competition just for the sake of winning anything (sorry mum:oops:).

I love the passion and enthusiasm to go, really I do, and consider myself as passionate and one eyed as it comes - I dont sleep nights that we lose games due to the pain.
However, I am one of the people that wont be going this week. Would dearly love to, however, cannot simply afford it. Single income earner with a wife and 2 kids at home and 4 bills to pay. Trust me, money CAN be an issue. We aint all able to 'plan ahead' and put money aside for things such as this. I am as passionate as they come, but have to feed a family of 4 first sorry. Oh, and yes, I did go last week with all that I had put aside over the past 4 weeks, but twice in 6 days is a killer guys.
The greed of the AFL is matched only by the arrogance.

Finals tickets are costed at the very extreme of the common man's affordability. And cost of GF tickets - ridiculous.

But then the AFL have a cry about attendance. So why are crowd numbers down? You do the math, AFL.

it's simplistic say that people are just choosing not to go. it actually costs a lot of money, in a short space of time to attend the finals. for a family (or a couple even) if you were unlucky enough to not get in early, it cost you $80 each last week. then, potentially in the same pay cycle people a needing to cough up again. so that could be $320 out of one pay. some just wouldnt have the money to go whether they wanted to or not.

some think it's a pathetic excuse, but it's Show time as well, which is easily a $200 day without trying for a family.

how many people have $500 spare to throw around in a week?

having said that, i hope it a full house, and those that are fortunate enough to go can see a great performance and really make some noise.

All in all a fair point. However just because you didn't get in early, doesn't mean you fork out $80 for tickets. I managed to get bronze tickets for $45 last Tuesday night, after nine news said there were just 4000 left. Similarly, I got tickets again yesterday at $45. I would imagine there are still lots of $45 tickets on sale now as well. Though having said that, $45 (which is normally $90 at least, unless someone is going alone) for 2 weeks in a row is almost $200 minimum for a couple, in consecutive weeks, solely for football tickets. Can completely understand that some just simply cannot do it.

Totally understandable.

quite frankly, we wouldn't have this issue if the team had of done what was required and win the match.

Honestly, the thing that drives ticket sales is expectation, fairly or unfairly everyone expects the Crows to go out in straight sets and don't want to waste the 6 hours or so, waiting, watching and lamenting the teams demise.

quite frankly, we wouldn't have this issue if the team had of done what was required and win the match.

Honestly, the thing that drives ticket sales is expectation, fairly or unfairly everyone expects the Crows to go out in straight sets and don't want to waste the 6 hours or so, waiting, watching and lamenting the teams demise.
It is unfairly, clearly people have the attention span of an ant. To give up after one finals loss is pathetic, considering where the team came from this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I posted this in an another thread, but it also applies here.

The fact that ticket sales have been sluggish doesn't surprise me. We've gone from being a great chance of making the grand final to now appearing like we're just making up the numbers in the space of a week.

I will be there on Friday night, but it's hard to escape that sinking feeling that after losing to Sydney that the Crows are now just going through the motions as far as September goes and I'm sure that i am definitely not the only person who feels that way. The stats dont lie, since our loss against West Coast in 2006 no other home side has lost a prelim final, that week off is absolutely cruicial and a massive advantage going into the prelim final.

The Crows blew a massive opportunity last week and the extremely somber build up to this week in comparison to last week is more than justified considering that history shows these second week games more often than not end up just being a dead rubber.
Agreed our underwhelming effort will see a large amount of fickles jump off. Less than 40k will be very disappointing. At a guess, I reckon only 37k ish may turn up

It is unfairly, clearly people have the attention span of an ant. To give up after one finals loss is pathetic, considering where the team came from this season.

Agree, and you can bet these same members who have given up and chosen not to go since they think we're going to go out in straight sets will be the first ones to try and rabidly register for grand final tickets next week if we happen to beat Freo.
(this is directed at the fair weather supporters, not the one's where money is a significant issue)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back