Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeezus time flies.
All this talk about horse racing.
It seems like it was only yesterday that we had the spring carnival horse racing thread going on in here.
It's been a year :eek::eek::eek:

Interesting to see the club politics at the Brisbane Broncos right now.

Its a timeless story of a a club wanting to sack its coach because hes been there too long and is too old (68..ffs...its time already). A replacement has already apparently been lined up. The players causing a revolution thinking they run the club and that its their decision who should lead them. Latest news, Bennett has been offered a "front office" position.

Never heard this story before!!!!

Change is difficult.
For people:

• Yes change is difficult.

• Irrelevance is even more difficult.

Queen of Soul dies August 16, same date as King of Rock - Elvis.

Have always been a huge fan of Aretha - RIP one of the greatest.
Brilliant voice.
An all time great.

Fraser Anning? Really, is the best we have?
This is an interesting thread I came across, hadn't heard about it before.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...cg-response-to-senator-anning-speech.1202107/
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-08-17/richmond-and-essendon-unite-for-diversity

Richmond and Essendon Football Clubs will share in an important moment of solidarity just minutes before the teams compete in tomorrow’s Friday night clash at the MCG.

In the spirit of unity and inclusion, Bachar Houli and Essendon’s Adam Saad, two talented football players, practicing Muslims, and wonderful representatives of their community, will toss the coin alongside their Club’s respective captains.

Both Richmond and Essendon celebrate and embrace diversity in our great game, through our players, staff, partners, members and supporters, and by extension, we celebrate the diversity of our country.

Tomorrow, both clubs will take the opportunity presented by the AFL’s Friday night centre stage to stand alongside these young men and their community, and remind everyone that our great game and our country values people of all cultures and communities.

I am lamenting the early 90s where our horses were the best in the world by far but we didn't know it. Since then our breeding industry and Asia have retired our horses early or sent the good geldings overseas so whats left is good mares and not much else. Shamus Award won a Cox plate as a maiden, in the early 90s he would struggle to win the 3yo race on the same day. Our racing has been diluted and thats why Winx is dominating. she is a star.. but one with an asterisk
Shamus Award is indeed a scar on the face of racing history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can any of you draft experts and contracts people illuminate me?
Can a player actually play in the AFL currently as am amateur?

(ie: Can a player be contracted for $10 a year?)

What are the rules on this? I'm assuming they all have to be professionals and that some base wage exists? But if someone wants to waver that wage.....can they?

What are the rules on this? I'm assuming they all have to be professionals and that some base wage exists? But if someone wants to waver that wage.....can they?

Pretty sure the answer is no.

They need to be on award.

The last ammo to my recollection was in the 70's, Michael Cooke who played two career games (both finals including a GF) for Hawthorn in 1975, called up after they moved Moncreiff to the backline. He kicked 4 on debut but didnt get a touch in the Grand Final...Norths first premiership.

My understanding is there are min requirement compulsory payments per season, there might be some difference rookie v senior list, but there is min standards of pay.
Also there is minimum payments per games played (if you're on a min contract).

So no, it's amateur free. Otherwise the temptation for list falsity could happen.

Gone Critical Magpie Girl Anzacday Jasper84

As you know I don't post in the Bucks thread. Any chance we can put in mothballs till 2019?

It's a disgrace it is the first thread I see tonight when our team is on the cusp of a top four finish.

Rant over.

Yours sincerely CFC2010

Gone Critical Magpie Girl Anzacday Jasper84

As you know I don't post in the Bucks thread. Any chance we can put in mothballs till 2019?

It's a disgrace it is the first thread I see tonight when our team is on the cusp of a top four finish.

Rant over.

Yours sincerely CFC2010
Why close it? We should be celebrating Buck’s coaching in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back