Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local radio station I listen to here has been playing this song a bit lately.
First time I heard it I just knew it was an Aussie band.
I love it.
Was wondering if it was a bit of a hit in Aus.

Reminds me of Chromation music.

Amylrite?!!!

Reminds me of Chromation music.

Amylrite?!!!
OK OA you got me.
I'm scratching my head trying to figure out what this post means.
Even a google search of Chromation music didn't help.

I think I get the "Amylrte?" bit.
Sometimes your humour is a bit too clever.
Well for morons like me anyway.

Edit. It just clicked. LOL

Last edited:
Local radio station I listen to here has been playing this song a bit lately.
First time I heard it I just knew it was an Aussie band.
I love it.
Was wondering if it was a bit of a hit in Aus.

Greatest band in the world at the moment. Agree or Amy will glass ya.

Underappreciated in Australia.

Old punk tragics have been crying their glassy eyes out, having thought that punk was dead but now seeing it fired into life by a little Aussie outfit.

I just read a story on Rupert about a guy making $230K who posted on reddit that he was finding it hard to save a buck these days.....and his fellow posters agreed. Yes he's got 3 kids but I must live on another planet. ok i feel betta having shared.

Greatest band in the world at the moment. Agree or Amy will glass ya.

Underappreciated in Australia.

Old punk tragics have been crying their glassy eyes out, having thought that punk was dead but now seeing it fired into life by a little Aussie outfit.
Try The Peep Tempel's "Carol". Discovered all these local acts on PBS.

I just read a story on Rupert about a guy making $230K who posted on reddit that he was finding it hard to save a buck these days.....and his fellow posters agreed. Yes he's got 3 kids but I must live on another planet. ok i feel betta having shared.
Maybe he’s got a really big mortgage

maybe the exchange rate is playing havoc on the annual trip to aspen...
Is the wife earning too? If not, $230k for a family of 5 is not that much, particularly with a mortgage, car repayments and credit card.

Aspen? More likely Bali.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know Rupert is a liar who employs liars to lie.
Anyone on 230K must be struggling to pay for their annual month on the riviera surely.

You know Rupert is a liar who employs liars to lie.
Anyone on 230K must be struggling to pay for their annual month on the riviera surely.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

O Wilde

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

O Wilde

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

so true... i can remember a couple of trips to europe done on a budget where I missed out on opportunities worrying about the cost. I should have spent the money and relied on the pension in my old age.

Video highlights of Collingwood players in the 2023 Grand Final Parade in Melbourne on Friday 29 September 2023:

Looking at airfares yesterday. Why would Thai Airways fares for next month, still high season in Thailand, be approx $950 in February, then in June, low season for Thailand, be around $1300+ climbing to $1900+ in July? Advise used to be to book early, but fares can hardly rise further. I paid $1300 to go in June last year, and the plane was full in both directions. Does the fact that it's high season mid year in Europe impact fares to SEA? Hoping someone in the travel industry might be able to provide an answer. Other airlines are similarly high and low in the same months.

Looking at airfares yesterday. Why would Thai Airways fares for next month, still high season in Thailand, be approx $950 in February, then in June, low season for Thailand, be around $1300+ climbing to $1900+ in July? Advise used to be to book early, but fares can hardly rise further. I paid $1300 to go in June last year, and the plane was full in both directions. Does the fact that it's high season mid year in Europe impact fares to SEA? Hoping someone in the travel industry might be able to provide an answer. Other airlines are similarly high and low in the same months.

Did you clear your cookies before looking?

I'm interested in the response to this - I'm planning Vietnam in April and Europe in August - open to any tips on offer

They might be trying to take advantage of Aussies heading to Europe via BKK for the European high season. I'm heading over to SEA April/May so hopefully I can get good fares.

They might be trying to take advantage of Aussies heading to Europe via BKK for the European high season. I'm heading over to SEA April/May so hopefully I can get good fares.
I checked May and it's cheaper. April should be even cheaper still. I posed the same question on the Thai visa site and got a multitude of responses within minutes. One guy claimed airfares for Australians have always risen between May and August. Yet I googled the cheapest month to fly to Bangkok and June is the response I got. We also don't seem to have the options that Sydney folk have.

Singapore Airlines actually has cheaper flights than Thai, but mainly leaving early morning with around 2 hours stopover in Singapore.

Last edited:
Probably because Australians are getting flights to escape the cold weather in June.

I checked May and it's cheaper. April should be even cheaper still. I posed the same question on the Thai visa site and got a multitude of responses within minutes. One guy claimed airfares for Australians have always risen between May and August. Yet I googled the cheapest month to fly to Bangkok and June is the response I got. We also don't seem to have the options that Sydney folk have.
I checked for my approximate flight dates Apr/May and cheapest return is about $980. I can be a bit flexible so might do better.

I'm interested in the response to this - I'm planning Vietnam in April and Europe in August - open to any tips on offer
If you are going to Europe with Thai I have a little tip.
From Bangkok the plane should be an A380. Thai have a little known secret with this plane. A 60 seat economy section on the upper deck!
With two rows of 2 seats down either side which is ideal for couples.
We used them twice to Europe and back, having the front row seats and mid row seats on seperate occasions.
Highly recommended but get in early for seat selection.

From the attached pic I see they have reduced this section from the pre covid times we travelled. They appear to have added 12 business class seats and lost 24 economy seats.

IMG_7438.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back