PC DotA 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't touched this in about a year, interesting update though.

Surely talent trees are unnecessary, like they are adding them for the sake of doing something. May also prevent comebacks.

I like the slightly improved customisability of each hero, think it's worthwhile with the removal of the 'stats pump' skill increase.

Haven't touched this in about a year, interesting update though.

Surely talent trees are unnecessary, like they are adding them for the sake of doing something. May also prevent comebacks.

But I think that talent tree moved the game to another level, and as you said 'sake of doing something' derived them to something good I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not into Dota as much as I was in my younger days but has anyone caught the International yet? Heard it was another 20 million + prize pool which is insane.

Never thought Dota (and competitive gaming as a whole) would become this big ten years ago playing it on a pirated version of Warcraft 3 on Bored Aussie.

I'm not into Dota as much as I was in my younger days but has anyone caught the International yet? Heard it was another 20 million + prize pool which is insane.

Never thought Dota (and competitive gaming as a whole) would become this big ten years ago playing it on a pirated version of Warcraft 3 on Bored Aussie.
Yerp. Best eSport in the world.

Australia has just had its first ever International Winner. Taking home roughly 11 million USD.

Team was a rag tag team formed a week before the open qualifiers, and considered by many to not make it past the group stages. Incredible underdog story.

Australia has just had its first ever International Winner. Taking home roughly 11 million USD.

Team was a rag tag team formed a week before the open qualifiers, and considered by many to not make it past the group stages. Incredible underdog story.

It was only one player (Ana) the rest of the team is from Europe.

Incredible run though. I was rooting for LGD, so like Geelong they like to choke in finals. :(

It was only one player (Ana) the rest of the team is from Europe.

Incredible run though. I was rooting for LGD, so like Geelong they like to choke in finals. :(

Yep. Led by a Dane and accompanied by two Finns and a Frenchman. Incredible story to go from not even having the numbers just days before the qualifiers to being crowned champions of the biggest event in e-sport history (in terms of prizepool).

The past two years has certainly put the little Aussie community on the map with Australia having one player in the finals last year, who was unfortunately unable to bring it home. This year we've got one to have his name carved on the aegis.

Is there a bigfooty team? What roles/heroes does everyone like to play?
I haven't played in a few years, so not sure of any newish champs or items or who is balanced/OP now, but I used to play a lot and was a very good pub-stomper.

I'd get back into it if BF put together a team. I'd also be happy to play ranked 5s in LoL.
Probably take me a month to learn all the new items/changes though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back