List Mgmt. Draft Needs 2018 #2: Rankine / Lukosius / Rozee / Hately, I'm knocking Woodcock out the box, daily!

Predict the Adelaide board's melt level after the draft

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just on Ely Smith. I agree watching him play he looks purely like an inside mid, doesn't look quick or agile but perhaps that's the way the Murray Bushrangers' coaching staff and the Vic Country coaches wanted him to play in his 1 and only Nationals game i.e. the inside bull. If you look at his Combine testing his athletic prowess far outshines anything he displays in matches thus far but with the right coaching and development they likely can bring more of that out in his game day performance. Along with Chayce Jones he was one of the best all round performers at the combine which surprised many that have watched him play. Check out his Combine results which are seriously impressive for a big hulk of a lad.

https://www.topendsports.com/sport/afl/testing-draft-results-2018.htm

Yep. I can't emphasize enough that particular post was only based on draft machine. Which is next to useless if your comparing to our scouts watching all of these guys since they were 15. I basically have no feel at all for Ely Smith. None.

I had a much stronger positive impression of Jones in particular and that 3-4 minutes clearly didnt do him justice. By all reports he is around about that 4th-7th best recognized mid in the draft. He has got the speed. So I want him because I want that type of mid.

On Duursma, point taken that he is probably going to be a mid. I would like to just get one player who was played as a mid through his junior career. At the back end of the first round you seem to always get that half back flanker who will one day be a mid. But just give me one that was a mid from the start :). I am pretty keen on Caldwell for that reason. He seems to be that mid that I always hope we will get, but we never quite do.

Here is my top 7 and with no experience in this stuff but just feel it will fall this way

1. Walsh
2. Luko
3. Rozee
4. M King
5. Rankine
6. Caldwell
7. Smith
8. ????? No idea who we would take

Glory be. Port will celebrate as if they won the third showdown this year.

It will end up being Chad who? for them too.

I only hope with the exodus of players that have left their s**t club, their s**t coach and s**t depth that Rankine may one day want to leave them for us.

Out of all the players he would be the one I want. So yes I’ll be pissed if Port Land him

Here is my top 7 and with no experience in this stuff but just feel it will fall this way

1. Walsh
2. Luko
3. Rozee
4. M King
5. Rankine
6. Caldwell
7. Smith
8. ????? No idea who we would take
Easy

If it falls that way we will take B King as next best available , an absolute steal at pick 8

Got a feeling it ends up

8 Caldwell
13 Hately ( Jones already taken )
16 bid on GWS ruck Briggs which is matched ( maybe) if so we take Collier-Dawkins
21 not sure . Maybe Williams

Easy

If it falls that way we will take B King as next best available , an absolute steal at pick 8

Got a feeling it ends up

8 Caldwell
16 bid on GWS ruck Briggs which is matched ( maybe) if so we take Collier-Dawkins

I’d take that, If we don’t get up to Rankine then hopefully Gold Coast don’t get Caldwell at 6.

Easy

Got a feeling it ends up

8 Caldwell
Some good thoughts re Ben King :thumbsu: ......do you think Hately gets past Ports #10?

Easy

Got a feeling it ends up

8 Caldwell
That would be some haul of good mids..after they get up to AFL fitness, there would be huge competition for midfield spots which would be ideal going forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep I think we get two great mids with 8 and 13, unless B King slides, who could be the best KPD in the comp (or even a KPF)

If Hately slides to 13 I'll be very happy, he's a top 10 pick any other year for sure

Think Jeff is on the money with us bidding on Briggs, we need someone to develop, and also someone that might be ready in 2 years (Jacobs will be done by then). Briggs will be, he's already well built plus he's an overager. Reckon GWS matches, though

So who do Port take at #10 ?
Prob out of Ben King if still there then Jones , Clark and Collier -Dawkins

Can’t see Jones getting past Geelong , they will be all over him

Giants will have Clark ranked highly as a Heath Shaw understudy perhaps One of Collier- Dawkins and Hately

Sturt a real smoky at these picks too

I’m hoping we don’t take Butters Taylor or McHenry until 21 at best

Giants will have Clark ranked highly as a Heath Shaw understudy perhaps One of Collier- Dawkins and Hately

Gut feel is GWS want RCD first and foremost. Next Clark, then Jones

9: RCD
10: Clark
11: Jones

The interesting one is the Cats. I can see them wanting Sturt, but I can also see them going for Duursma, they need outside run, especially since Kelly is gone after next year

I’d be happy to take Butters at 16 but I probably rate him above group think, the other two I agree on. Have a feeling we go with O’Halloran at 21 if we get a tall before 21

IMO Clark, if he doesn't go to GWS at 9. Jones definitely a chance, although surely they'd go Hately over Jones
You'd think Port would want to be adding some speed this Draft .....Rozee would be favored on that basis alone

What is your knock on Butters? I have a fair few that I would prefer in front of him and it also depends who we take at 8 and 13, but he could be best available at 16 couldn't he? I'd prefer Sturt and I think he is a chance to make it to 16. I have swayed over to Bailey Williams ahead of Butters, purely because we will struggle to give games to 3 mid size recruits let alone 4. At least Williams will be a longer term prospect that we can work on in the background for a couple of years. I am not sure how keen he will be to play SANFL for 2 years though :)

Given the failed GWS Pick Trade .....it's interesting that I had Jones going to GWS at #11 .....but they may take him at #9

I rationalized that having lost Williams aas their HB ball carrier & Shaw on his last legs ....that GWS would take Clark at #9 .....Jones at #11 .....but that may get reversed now

You mean with King maybe being available at #10 ....that we would overlook him ??

Of course .....but the AFL is immature in this area & still won't hold a player who is unhappy ......do you think for one minute in American sport they care about this .....it's a job with big money, don't want to play because you're unhappy, go do something else then ....there's a queue a mile long for your spot

The AFL still has to grow some ....
I think the clubs need to grow some. Geelong didnt let Kelly go so thats a start.

I think the clubs need to grow some. Geelong didnt let Kelly go so thats a start.
Because he was on Contract ....having missed out in 4 Drafts, Geelong gives him a chance & he wants to piss off after 1 year, citing homesickness ....but only to West Coast

Bravo Geelong !!!!! .....I wish more clubs did this !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back