Official Team Thread Dragons FFC - Official Season 30 Team Thread | Dawn of the Dragon

Remove this Banner Ad

Meet the new Dragons: Episode 2 with T2B_

KS: If you could compare yourself to any current AFL player, who would it be and why?

T2B_: Clayton Oliver. Hopefully a bit less floggish. But I say him cos similar complexions and acting ability :$ Oh also can contribute pretty well all game, or will certainly give my best.

What is your preferred Pre- game meal?

Lasagne

A tradition in some sports is for a new player to perform a song for the team, what song would you choose?

Take On Me by A-ha

Do you have any pre-game superstitions?

Not really. I'll make a blood sacrifice or two and beg the universe to not bend me over, but I wouldn't say I'm really superstitious.

What expectations and/or goals do you have as an individual and team for this season?

Go far as a team. As Mick Malthouse would say, the Dragons are a very, very good football side. As a player obviously get games, give as good as I get to the opposition, and hopefully even nail down a key post or midfield spot. As much as I pride my abilities though I do happily do the team thing, so I'm happy to play anywhere on the field as long as I contribute to a positive outcome.

Do you have any of expectations of the Sweet FA going into the season?

Plenty of floggishness but also plenty of genuine good banter and fun. I also expect to wash my hands of cooties plenty of times whenever the Bombers are involved.

What is one thing your new teammates or the league as a whole to know?

I like avocados. I don't think I ever really make that clear and I doubt anyone knows that. I'm also a fan of deadpan and/or dark humour so don't be surprised at what I can laugh at.

Thanks for joining me T2B_ , I'll shout you some avo on toast in the near future

KS: If you could compare yourself to any current AFL player, who would it be and why?

T2B_: Clayton Oliver. Hopefully a bit less floggish. But I say him cos similar complexions and acting ability :$ Oh also can contribute pretty well all game, or will certainly give my best.

Lasagne

A tradition in some sports is for a new player to perform a song for the team, what song would you choose?

Take On Me by A-ha

Not really. I'll make a blood sacrifice or two and beg the universe to not bend me over, but I wouldn't say I'm really superstitious.

What expectations and/or goals do you have as an individual and team for this season?

Go far as a team. As Mick Malthouse would say, the Dragons are a very, very good football side. As a player obviously get games, give as good as I get to the opposition, and hopefully even nail down a key post or midfield spot. As much as I pride my abilities though I do happily do the team thing, so I'm happy to play anywhere on the field as long as I contribute to a positive outcome.

Plenty of floggishness but also plenty of genuine good banter and fun. I also expect to wash my hands of cooties plenty of times whenever the Bombers are involved.

I like avocados. I don't think I ever really make that clear and I doubt anyone knows that. I'm also a fan of deadpan and/or dark humour so don't be surprised at what I can laugh at.

Thanks for joining me T2B_ , I'll shout you some avo on toast in the near future
Thank you, thank you KS.

Avo good day!

Lasagne

Take On Me by A-ha

A quality rookie here Knifey. :thumbsu:

Meet the new Dragons: Episode 3 with Bradesmaen

KS: If you could compare yourself to any current AFL player, who would it be and why

B: A difficult one, I would say Fyfe. I play anywhere, tall, high leap, strong as a bull but have a raking and deadly accurate right foot

What is your preferred Pre-game meal?

I'm a traditionalist, so I'd stick with beer, pie and cigarette.

We'll go with a classic... Don't Stop Believin'

None, I'm not supersitious.

I'm always here to be the best, so nothing but the best is good enough. We need to win the league and I'll take MVP honours.

I expect it to be fast, furious and full of bile.

Although today known world-wide as "Danishes" these pastries did not originate in Denmark, but were brought to Denmark by Austrian bakers, particularly from Vienna in the 1850's when Danish pastry workers went on a long-term wage strike

Never stop Believin' Bradesmaen, looking forward to having you at the Dragons for season 30

Meet the new Dragons: Episode 3 with Bradesmaen

KS: If you could compare yourself to any current AFL player, who would it be and why

B: A difficult one, I would say Fyfe. I play anywhere, tall, high leap, strong as a bull but have a raking and deadly accurate right foot

What is your preferred Pre-game meal?

I'm a traditionalist, so I'd stick with beer, pie and cigarette.

We'll go with a classic... Don't Stop Believin'

None, I'm not supersitious.

I'm always here to be the best, so nothing but the best is good enough. We need to win the league and I'll take MVP honours.

I expect it to be fast, furious and full of bile.

Although today known world-wide as "Danishes" these pastries did not originate in Denmark, but were brought to Denmark by Austrian bakers, particularly from Vienna in the 1850's when Danish pastry workers went on a long-term wage strike

Never stop Believin' Bradesmaen, looking forward to having you at the Dragons for season 30
Now I want a Danish

Meet the new Dragons: Episode 4 with VandoHawk

VH: Marc Murphy because I played the same position as him and was once told I had the exact same kicking action

Chicken Parma. And if anyone calls it a Parmi I will fight you

Rasputin by Boney M.

Not really a superstition but before a game I’d always rub copious amounts of deep heat into my hamstrings. A bit weird before a Qooty game but I’ll keep doing it.

I’ve never really participated in anything like the SFA before so my main goal this season is just to get into the rhythm of things and contribute. For the team we’ve got a really strong list and some quality rookies so I expect us to give the Premiership a real crack

Not much really. A good time? Test Tickle said he kisses in the showers after games so I’m looking forward to that

I'm trying to learn how to cook with mixed results

Stock up on Deep Heat VandoHawk, I'm tipping you for big things this season

VH: Marc Murphy because I played the same position as him and was once told I had the exact same kicking action

Rasputin by Boney M.

Not really a superstition but before a game I’d always rub copious amounts of deep heat into my hamstrings. A bit weird before a Qooty game but I’ll keep doing it.

I’ve never really participated in anything like the SFA before so my main goal this season is just to get into the rhythm of things and contribute. For the team we’ve got a really strong list and some quality rookies so I expect us to give the Premiership a real crack

Not much really. A good time? Test Tickle said he kisses in the showers after games so I’m looking forward to that

Pleasure to be here and looking forward to contributing for this great side!

Meet the new Dragons: Episode 5 with Gosaints12

GS12: David Astbury, I’m a great defender

Spagbol

Khe Shan by Cold Chisel, it’s my favourite

No

Personal: play a couple of games, team: finals footy

No

Very dedjcated, and attached to sport

Bulk buy some spaghetti Gosaints12, you've got a big season ahead of you

S30 DRAGONS FFC - AFL CLUB BREAKDOWN

5 x Hawthorn
4 x West Coast
4 x Richmond
3 x Collingwood
2 x Carlton
2 x North Melbourne
2 x Fremantle
1 x Adelaide
1 x St Kilda
1 x Essendon

1 x Sydney

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meet the new Dragons: Episode 6 with MC Bad Genius

MCBG: Harris Andrews - hard-nosed competitor who goes at the ball and at the man 100% every day, ever hour, every minute, every second and rarely get beaten.

What is your preferred pre-game meal?

Nothing - I've got a 3 hour rule. No food in the 3 hours leading up to any sort of exercise.

My go-to karaoke song is Debra by Beck, but there is no karaoke machine in the world that has it on there. I'd still have to say that'd be the song I'd choose. Or something from my own band, but that's a bit narcissistic.

Going around the changeroom and making fun of everyone that actually has a superstition. If I don't point out how ridiculous all that stupid nonsense is, I always play a crap game.

Anything less than a premiership is a failure, so my expectation is to win a premiership and my only individual goal is to play a role to get the cup back into the rightful hands of the mighty Dragons.

Absolutely none. I still have no idea what the hell this all is and how it's managed to keep going strong for 30 seasons.

The meaning of life. Everyone deserves to know it.

Welcome to the Dragons MC Bad Genius, please don't judge my lucky socks

5 x Hawthorn
4 x West Coast
4 x Richmond
3 x Collingwood
2 x Carlton
2 x North Melbourne
2 x Fremantle
1 x Adelaide
1 x St Kilda
1 x Essendon

1 x Sydney
We’re taking over! 😁😉

Interesting tidbit! 👍

5 x Hawthorn
4 x West Coast
4 x Richmond
3 x Collingwood
2 x Carlton
2 x North Melbourne
2 x Fremantle
1 x Adelaide
1 x St Kilda
1 x Essendon

1 x Sydney
What the heck , how did this happen!!!

Rasputin by Boney M.

I reckon the intro for that Boney M song would be a ripper to run out to. If there isn't a team song already, I'd vote for the wordless musical interlude of the first 1 minute 8 seconds of Rapsutin as the theme song. Hell, if there is enough support for it, I'd happily arrange some new lyrics for the whole track. Killer nomination, VandoHawk!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back