Food, Drink & Dining Out Drinking Beer: Cans or Stubbies

How do you prefer your beer?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless you're buying some junk like Carlton or VB how often do you even get a choice? Where I shop it's one or the other, typically bottles. I prefer the feel of bottles but if the same brand was available cheaper in cans I'd get the cans.

I don't have a dishwasher so I definitely don't pour it into glasses lol (unless it's a 1L bottle or something).

I only drink the finest Trappist beers from Belgian monasteries served in a chalice.

In all seriousness the Belgians know how to produce and serve beer.

Drank a lot of Leffe Brune when I was there and they serve it in glasses that look like big wine glasses.

leffe-brune-330-ml-65.jpg

The reason they serve it in glasses like that is because it is stronger than the average beer (6.5%) so you're supposed to sip it slowly like wine.

I learnt that the hard way, I just drank them like I was knocking back a Carlton Dry and paid the price.

I only drink the finest Trappist beers from Belgian monasteries served in a chalice.

Drank a lot of Leffe Brune when I was there and they serve it in glasses that look like big wine glasses.

The reason they serve it in glasses like that is because it is stronger than the average beer (6.5%) so you're supposed to sip it slowly like wine.

I learnt that the hard way, I just drank them like I was knocking back a Carlton Dry and paid the price.
This beer is okay now and then but who ever goes ‘I feel like a beer’ and gets this? It’s not served as cold, it’s not refreshing, it’s not light, and you can’t throw them back - aka all the reasons you drink a beer.

This beer is okay now and then but who ever goes ‘I feel like a beer’ and gets this? It’s not served as cold, it’s not refreshing, it’s not light, and you can’t throw them back - aka all the reasons you drink a beer.
Sounds like all the reasons you drink a beer

Gotta realise the world isn't so black and white and not everyone does everything for the same reasons or thinks the same

You probably wouldn't drink Leffe in Australia where you want a cold refreshing beer, in cold gloomy Belgium it works quite well. you need to sip it though.

Belgium does light refreshing wheat beers too, like Hoegaarden, Germany is considered the beer mecca because of Oktoberfest but it should be Belgium.

ive done the same thing, i wasnt well the next day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* man, have you been overseas before? You should've mentioned it.

Don't drink a lot of beer unless its a hot day, have been working/sitting in the sun for a long period and worked up a thirst. In which case I'm generally that parched it really doesn't matter.

Prefer a glass tbh thou.

I'll drink either but for some reason I've started to like cans more lately. They chill quicker, they don't go warm as fast as bottles seem to and a lot of good craft beers are exclusively in cans these days.

I'd rather be drinking out of a pint glass over both options though. Drinking out of a bottle or can limits the experience. You don't get all the aromas of the beer by drinking that way.

I'll drink either but for some reason I've started to like cans more lately. They chill quicker, they don't go warm as fast as bottles seem to and a lot of good craft beers are exclusively in cans these days.

I'd rather be drinking out of a pint glass over both options though. Drinking out of a bottle or can limits the experience. You don't get all the aromas of the beer by drinking that way.

Have you tried drinking beer out of a wine glass? That's my preferred option, keeps the bubbles and gives you the aromas you talk about at the same time.

Back