• Keep it as is

Votes: 51 72.9%
  • Co Captains

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Replace Murphy

Votes: 9 12.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Rubbish; comes down to the individual characters involved. You can have more than one outstanding leader.

What do you reckon Simpson, Docherty, Weitering and Cripps are exactly?

leaders. Not captains. Only one captain, one vice captain. You can be a leader without a title.

I really hate co captains. Will explain later.
Agree. Thats what a vice captain is for.

I think Murph really grew into the role, brought out a hardness in his game that was lacking.

Give him another year and let him hand it over at the end of next year when Doc is ready.

Co-Captains is for Nancy-boy clubs - what's next? Netball skirts?
I hate this touchy feely new-age stuff.
Can the Co-Captains run out holding hands? That would be just lovely!
Take a teaspoon of cement and toughen up.
Jeez!
Enjoyed this post immensely.

You forgot the bit about riding girls bikes and sleeping with the lights on but.

leaders. Not captains. Only one captain, one vice captain. You can be a leader without a title.
Absolutely but again, that comes down to the culture of the environment. Maybe there's a guy who deserves to lead, but has a tendency to put it all on his shoulders.

Do you give him support in that instance, or do you hope he learns on the job and doesn't take team morale with him when results don't go their way?

Co-Captains is for Nancy-boy clubs - what's next? Netball skirts?
I hate this touchy feely new-age stuff.
Can the Co-Captains run out holding hands? That would be just lovely!
Take a teaspoon of cement and toughen up.
Jeez!
Netball clubs rarely have co-captains.

BTW, netball clubs in regional leagues have been wearing dresses rather than skirts since before this century started.

Seems somehow appropriate that last Century viewpoints use out of date material to deliver the 'message'.

BTW, netball clubs in regional leagues have been wearing dresses rather than skirts since before this century started.

Seems somehow appropriate that last Century viewpoints use out of date material to deliver the 'message'.

When I was in grade 4. My teacher at Gladstone Views decided we needed an even number of boys and girls for bush dancing. Evidently i was the dude singled out for equalisation. If that wasnt bad enough, he made me wear a netball skirt. Still have flashbacks. FU MR Fields you cretin.

big no to co-captains.

as a strategy its only worthwhile in my opinion if you have suitable old dog young dog combination. for example if murphy gave it up then a simmo/crippa combination would be perfect and then lead to crippa being a sole captain.

from the outside looking in my preference at this stage would be crippa with doc/ed/weiters being the next in line.

To me crippa has all bases covered for captaincy ie ability, dedication, leadership and that extra physicality if required that the others don't have.

Think SD would have gotten away scot free if he described Ballet Dancers as soft instead of Netballers :$

Anyhow co captains is a rubbish idea, it's pretty much a hedging your bets type of concept.

Still happy for Murphy to be captain for another year, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want you to imagine, one of our players stepping out of line, or failing to follow team rules... Then imagine them looking over at the captain...

317647_5e6df53c7681a417cb5fe4d264f96aaf.JPG

...... Would they make the same mistake again????
That's actually the same face he has after a fantastic win, a loss, at training etc.

Rumour is there were signs of a smile emerging two weeks ago, but it turned out to be a facial twitch caused by a program glitch. Bill Gates was in town last week and it's all sorted.

You obviously haven't seen how much tape a ballet dancer uses on their feet
I had a girlfriend who was a professional ballet dancer and I can tell you it is a very tough gig indeed. The level of fitness and power involved is off the dial, and yet you have to be as flexible as an eel and as graceful as a bird.

Lets bag something really silly like curling.

I had a girlfriend who was a professional ballet dancer and I can tell you it is a very tough gig indeed. The level of fitness and power involved is off the dial, and yet you have to be as flexible as an eel and as graceful as a bird.

Lets bag something really silly like curling.
I can't bag curling, I don't have the stones

Rubbish; comes down to the individual characters involved. You can have more than one outstanding leader.

What do you reckon Simpson, Docherty, Weitering and Cripps are exactly?

Vice-Captain, Deputy Vice-captain, Deputy Deputy Vice-Captain and Deputy Deputy Deputy Vice-Captain! :thumbsu:

Seems not many are fans, GWS and Sydney have both been successful with two captains and I think Carlton puts too much emphasis on longevity of captaincy.

I think adding Simpson would be the hard choice that everyone secretly wants but can't make enough of a case for changing the status quo.

Again, not an attack on Murph, I just think there's plenty to gain from putting inspirational players in the role with an eye to the future.

Back