Scandal Dustin Martin in drunken scuffle

Remove this Banner Ad

Laughable the tiger fans think being completely wasted arguing in public is ok.
You guys pay him what 700k to be the face of the club youd think he could show some respect by not getting wasted at a drug fuelled rave party then hanging out in a city restaurant, arguing with women.

The cctv convieniently not on?? LOL give me a break. As ive said keep cuddling the dust man and youll get no returns.
Someone asked what about milne? When he and dal played up in 2008 we put em to reserves, showed the group NO ONE was above the team... What happened next? We basically won two flags.
This is pivotable for the richmond team. Im not against you or trolling simply stating you have an opportunity to shake this bunch of ok players with potential into a flag team. I hope you dont do it cause I hate richmond. Absolute worst flog supporters and team in the league (dont deserve a flag for sometime) yet you really could pull one off IF you lay down the law NOW. But you wont, cause ya flogmond and you have no footballing culture. Great social scene but footy? It died 1985 for you guys.

lol, your a w***er .

You guys pay him what 700k to be the face of the club youd think he could show some respect by not getting wasted at a drug fuelled rave party then hanging out in a city restaurant, arguing with women.

The cctv convieniently not on?? LOL give me a break. As ive said keep cuddling the dust man and youll get no returns.
Someone asked what about milne? When he and dal played up in 2008 we put em to reserves, showed the group NO ONE was above the team... What happened next? We basically won two flags.
This is pivotable for the richmond team. Im not against you or trolling simply stating you have an opportunity to shake this bunch of ok players with potential into a flag team. I hope you dont do it cause I hate richmond. Absolute worst flog supporters and team in the league (dont deserve a flag for sometime) yet you really could pull one off IF you lay down the law NOW. But you wont, cause ya flogmond and you have no footballing culture. Great social scene but footy? It died 1985 for you guys.
This is my favourite ever bigfooty post.
"I'm not against you,but I hate you" was epic.
"basically won two flags" can never ever be topped,
Why 1985?
Please keep posting.

oh how I laughed... and laughed... thanks man. No seriously, you brightened my whole work day.
I just couldn't stop thinking about this post all day without smiling to myself & looking like an idiot among work collegues

Ben Cousins was a self-confessed drug addict who had several run-ins with the law including fleeing a booze bus, drug possession and refusing to submit a drug test. He was also under investigation by the police relating to a gangland shooting in Perth and initially refused to cooperate.

Dustin Martin was drunk at a bar and got into a disagreement with a fellow patron. His "rap sheet" also includes a jail salute and taking sleeping pills.

Are you really having that much difficulty distinguishing the two players and their respective circumstances?

Martin hasn't exactly done a lot wrong - certainly not enough to warrant comparisons to Ben Cousins. I think Martin's biggest downfall is that he associates with bikies (which are family members), but that is hardly a crime (or at least shouldn't be). The public have always had a thing for Martin, Franklin, and Swan. I don't exactly know why, but Cousins has been given a pass compared to these guys. I think maybe Cousins was given a pass after a while - because he was so defiant, he wasn't ever going to apologize to the media sincerely. The media have already taken Buddy's soul, now they want Dustin to get on his knees, I hope he gives them the middle finger.

If cctv or a witness had have claimed Martin did anything untoward, police probably would have found enough evidence to place a charge.
From the heraldsun :

On ruling out criminal charges a Victoria Police statement said: “After reviewing CCTV footage and speaking to all parties involved, including numerous independent witnesses at the restaurant on the night, investigators determined that no criminal offence took place.
To be fair on this one, where all aware how the statement reads, but It seems that unless its a family violence offense, the police physically can't charge the offender without the victim pressing charges and making a statement, even if he actually stabbed her, unless she makes a statement he'd still have no case.

To be fair on this one, where all aware how the statement reads, but It seems that unless its a family violence offense, the police physically can't charge the offender without the victim pressing charges and making a statement, even if he actually stabbed her, unless she makes a statement he'd still have no case.

Incorrect on all points. Cops don't need a statement or a complaint to lay a charge.

Admit it. You miss NLC78 already. You're dying to hear his plans the Saints will march to 5 premierships in a row once Moorabbin has been completed.

You forgot to say will "basically" march to 5 premierships in a row

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Admit it. You miss NLC78 already. You're dying to hear his plans the Saints will march to 5 premierships in a row once Moorabbin has been completed.
Yep, it has been successful in the past and I hope they achieve those heights again. :rolleyes:

So you are saying if an assailant injures someone so badly they can't make an official complaint, no charges can be laid?
Doesn't sound right to me.

Snakeman is correct. While it does not to prevent police from conducting an investigation, without a complainant prepared to sign up to a statement and commit to going to court they cannot lay a charge. Only exception is family violence matters where for the longer-term protection of the victim they will lay charges even if the other party is reluctant to proceed.

In the cases like you refer to above - if the victim were unable to provide evidence for reasons of incapacity (rather than unwillingness) and there was compelling witness and medical evidence then the police could lay charges.

So you are saying if an assailant injures someone so badly they can't make an official complaint, no charges can be laid?
Doesn't sound right to me.

Snakeman is correct. While it does not to prevent police from conducting an investigation, without a complainant prepared to sign up to a statement and commit to going to court they cannot lay a charge. Only exception is family violence matters where for the longer-term protection of the victim they will lay charges even if the other party is reluctant to proceed.

In the cases like you refer to above - if the victim were unable to provide evidence for reasons of incapacity (rather than unwillingness) and there was compelling witness and medical evidence then the police could lay charges.
:thumbsu: Correct.

If the victim makes a statement of no complaint but the police can corroborate an offence has been committed through other witness statements they can still decide to lay a charge if they view it is in the public interest to do so

They do not need the victim to make a statement of complaint for criminal offences, particularly where violence is involved. The victims views are considered but the police determine if a charge and its type should be laid in these circumstances

So what happens if the person is murdered and can't obviously make a statement or commit to going to court, can the police not lay a charge or is this only relevent to people who are alive.

So what happens if the person is murdered and can't obviously make a statement or commit to going to court, can the police not lay a charge or is this only relevent to people who are alive.
I'm not 100% sure. But I think it's like the medical situation regarding treatment/surgery. A person can refuse to give consent then you can't force them into treatment/surgery. If the person is unconcious or in some way incapable of expressing their wish then it's assumed that consent is given as a default.

Edit: Just read the link in above post. Looks like I'm wrong.

Another classless post. Perhaps the bay is more your style.
My suspicion is this smelly pies character is a semi literate pimply adolescent who is generally unliked at school and at sometime in the future will probably be murdered in his/her sleep....so I think this forum is him /her doing their absolute best to strive for relevance and attention
Rather sad really

Remove this Banner Ad

Back