Dwayne 'trying ever so hard to be intelligent' Russell

Don Logan

May 30, 2003
Halfway thru the first quarter and already Dwayne has given us three tidbits of minutia.

Gems like "Ling was Brown's captain of the Geelong falcons all those years ago".. used that twice last year.

Guaranteed to hear about the Scott's father who was killed in action during Vietnam.

Please feel free to post other bits of Dwayne trivia littered through his call.

Don Logan said:
Halfway thru the first quarter and already Dwayne has given us three tidbits of minutia.

Gems like Ling was Brown's captain of the Geelong falcons all those years ago.. used that twice last year.

Guaranteed to hear about the Scott's father who was killed in action during Vietnam.

Please feel free to post other bits of Dwayne trivia littered through his call.

drain pussell, is just that, a pusbag

I reckon it's interesting when he says all of his little facts.

He does research on every player and usually says something that isn't of any relevance, but is interesting about them.

I learn a lot about some of the things he says about each player that you usually wouldn't realise. It's his own style.

Dennis Commetti has his own style, Eddie has his own and this is Dwayne Russel's own style. I'm all for it.

stokesy said:

He does research on every player and usually says something that isn't of any relevance, but is interesting about them.QUOTE]

Interesting the first time.

Don Logan said:

And what, has everyone heard him say a fact about a player??

Not everyone watches footy day in, day out and know every little fact about every player.

Eddie not do do any Woods games
Dwayne not to do any Port games

Bloody hell the press area would be a bit messy after these two

Don Logan said:
stokesy said:

He does research on every player and usually says something that isn't of any relevance, but is interesting about them.QUOTE]

One of the better callers going around. Can actually string an intelligent sentence together and has a feel for the game. Clearly does his research and knows the players games.

Who gives a ******** if he's repeated a couple of peices of information within two years.... in fact, having just written that I realise how pathetic your point actually is.

CatManDo said:
Don Logan said:
One of the better callers going around. Can actually string an intelligent sentence together and has a feel for the game. Clearly does his research and knows the players games.

Who gives a ******** if he's repeated a couple of peices of information within two years.... in fact, having just written that I realise how pathetic your point actually is.

It's called an original thought, something you obviously have never had.

Go to the loo and do a poo you've obviously got the sh1ts after today's insipid effort.

CatManDo said:
Don Logan said:

Go to the loo and do a poo you've obviously have the ********s after today's insipid effort.

Don Logan said:
CatManDo said:

Go to the loo and do a poo you've obviously have the ********s after today's insipid effort.

Your the one having a sook about his commentary.

I reckon it's great how he says little things about players, where they may have grown up, when they started playing footy.

Beats listening to 'just a call of the game'.

Don Logan said:
CatManDo said:

Go to the loo and do a poo you've onbbviously got the sh1its aftet today's insipid effort.

Oh, ok Don. Sure, I bet no-one has ever noticed his commentary style, but you picked it up... yep, you were all over that one. Good call.

And ah... My team lost, so I will obviously go out and defend a commentator against a p1ss weak call from you. I'll give that one to you - original call. You're such a genius I cant understand what you are going on about!

CatManDo said:
And ah... My team lost, so I will obviously go out and defend a commentator against a p1ss weak call from you. I'll give that one to you - original call. You're such a genius I cant understand what you are going on about!

At least we're clear on that point.

Enjoy the school holidays, but please be careful at the local skate park.

Found it annoying the other night, he uses too many little stories during his call. Like you say he uses it on Channel 9 one week and then on 3AW the next.

Annoying.