Dylan Shiel vs Ollie Wines

Dylan Shiel vs Ollie Wines

• Shiel

Votes: 98 66.7%
  • Wines

Votes: 49 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Shiel without a thought. Ollie is an excellent player and does have a more dominant physical ball winning ability but Shiel's natural feel based inside work and elite breakaway speed and outside run is just special. Not to mention his exceptional footskills and him having the best distribution by hand in the competition by a country mile with blokes like MacRae and Paparone trailing him by some margin. Shiel is special, and I'm not sure why he's not in the same conversation as Bomtempelli. IMO those two are going to be the best two players in the comp one day.

Shiel without a thought. Ollie is an excellent player and does have a more dominant physical ball winning ability but Shiel's natural feel based inside work and elite breakaway speed and outside run is just special. Not to mention his exceptional footskills and him having the best distribution by hand in the competition by a country mile with blokes like MacRae and Paparone trailing him by some margin. Shiel is special, and I'm not sure why he's not in the same conversation as Bomtempelli. IMO those two are going to be the best two players in the comp one day.
Wines career has easily covered Shiel so far. He has been so much more consistent and contributed more. However, Shiel has some great weapons including great pace and footskills. I'll admit to not seeing more than about 15 of his games but his kicking on the non-preferred for a lefty is up there with the best in a youngster. I'd take him before pretty much any young mid in the game for the Dees, he is a little like a young Judd. Wines is still ahead due to his body of work so far but I'd back Shiel to become one of the best few players in the comp. I'm interested in what happens with him and his contract situation, he'd probably be worth around 800k a year in this market now and there won't be a shortage of clubs interested.

Look I like Paparone and can see he has a bit of potential but I'm not sure he belongs in this sort of discussion. Did you mean someone else or do you for some reason rate his skill by hand that high?

Look I like Paparone and can see he has a bit of potential but I'm not sure he belongs in this sort of discussion. Did you mean someone else or do you for some reason rate his skill by hand that high?

No, I meant Paparone. His ability to find targets by hand that he has no right to find under any pressure is elite. Don't get muddled up by the fact that he's a pretty average player at best and a liability by foot - but by hand he knows where it's at!

No, I meant Paparone. His ability to find targets by hand that he has no right to find under any pressure is elite. Don't get muddled up by the fact that he's a pretty average player at best and a liability by foot - but by hand he knows where it's at!
Fair enough I hadn't noticed it that much. Will definitely try to pay more attention to his handballing. As you say his kicking can be frustrating to say the least so have to try not to watch that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd rather Shiel, just. Shiel looks more composed with the ball than Wines. I think Shiel is more likely to become an elite midfielder than Wines.

It's a bit unfair Shiel has played 7 games this year and Wines only 2.

It's very close. I'd take shiel only just.

Wines, I reckon he's more consistent- hard going on this years numbers

Having watched the giants very closely this year, i think Shiel has dropped off a bit recently

Back