Remove this Banner Ad

bothereveryoneagain.template

Hi people etc,

I'm asking for someone to please furnish me with the names of any identities (real or implied) that your team uses for in- (or out-) jokes at your club. You might have a trainer, or pie stall vendor, or mascot, or president etc, who isn't an actual player at the club, and commonly reference them by name. For instance, the Roys have a cashier called Prudence and a mascot known as Dyson.

Preferably 'normal'-ish names, that could be a commonplace identity somewhere (Shirty the Slightly Aggressive Bear is an example of a failure to meet this criteria). Although I can adjust names a little where necessary while still keeping the reference mostly intact.

I just need names for streets. There are a lot of streets now. Oh god, there are so many streets.

Thanks!

ESH Media Header.png

East Side Hawks 15.12 (102) lost to Dragons FFC 18.23 (131)

Hawks Notes

• Trivia #3 answer: Drunkgoliath and Snake_Baker
  • SM is still rolling at the top of the league in kicks.
  • The baddest man at The Eyrie is still Biggie, who again leads the team with 11 frees against.
  • After 6 rounds last season we had the same record as we do now. Time to finish the season strongly again!

1583892405636.png

First Goal
1 : 13.37 {FB} - Nobody's checking Pea Nut.
1 : 13.41 {FB} - Handpass over the shoulder to SaltPeter.
1 : 13.46 {rBP} - He kicks across the ground towards gym4life.
1 : 13.48 {rBP} - Big mark by Chipmunk!.
1 : 13.52 {lFP} - The ball is now with Chipmunk.
1 : 13.53 {lFP} - This for the opportunity of a lifetime.
1 : 13.58 {lFP} - Brilliant goal to Chipmunk.
DRAGONS FFC : 4.4.28
EAST SIDE HAWKS : 2.1.13

PerkyDisloyalBirdofparadise-size_restricted.gif

Player Ratings
Backs

Le Grille (B-)Coach thought he'd go alright in the middle. Wasn't terrible with 13 kicks.jusjoshin (A-)Wannabe nuggety backpocket is actually decent intercepting defender!
BRAB (B)Also went midfield and didn't get flogged.TY24 (C)Center half back pocket. Wut?
Red mist (C-)A very misty contribution.Drunken Wookie (C+)Huuguughghg aarrragghuuhw raaaaaahhgh!

Midfield
SM (A)Went ruck and pretty much dominated.Biggie (A)Roamed free on the wing and pretty much dominated.
Agent93 (B+)Is he a forward, mid or back? No-one knows!Loonerty (C)Grumpy Loons is sulking in the back pocket.
por_please_ya (B)Rotated forward and failed to score.Drunkgoliath (C+)Got cuddles, got frees. Did nothing with it.

Forwards
Milera2Betts (C-)Frustrating return to the backline.larrikin (C-)Hit the scoreboard, literally, with inaccurate goal-shooting.
Golumless (C)All hail the new fullback!NaturalDisaster (B-)Quietly staying in and around Fred contention.
ArdentEagle (C)The sim really hates this guy for some reason.Chipmunk (B)Fantastic with three straight.

Interchange
go you pups (C)Roved around the ruck for 3 quarters.jackenny (B+)On really early into CHF

giphy.gif

This Week
Round 7 - Sun March 15, 2020
East Side Hawks vs West Coast Wonders @ The Eyrie

1583892645279.png

#OGSKWAH

Last edited:

View attachment 837448

East Side Hawks 15.12 (102) lost to Dragons FFC 18.23 (131)

Hawks Notes

• Trivia answer: Drunkgoliath and Snake_Baker
  • SM is still rolling at the top of the league in kicks.
  • The baddest man at The Eyrie is still Biggie, who again leads the team with 11 frees against.
  • After 6 rounds last season we had the same record as we do now. Time to finish the season strongly again!

View attachment 837443

First Goal
1 : 13.37 {FB} - Nobody's checking Pea Nut.
1 : 13.41 {FB} - Handpass over the shoulder to SaltPeter.
1 : 13.46 {rBP} - He kicks across the ground towards gym4life.
1 : 13.48 {rBP} - Big mark by Chipmunk!.
1 : 13.52 {lFP} - The ball is now with Chipmunk.
1 : 13.53 {lFP} - This for the opportunity of a lifetime.
1 : 13.58 {lFP} - Brilliant goal to Chipmunk.
DRAGONS FFC : 4.4.28
EAST SIDE HAWKS : 2.1.13

PerkyDisloyalBirdofparadise-size_restricted.gif

Player Ratings
Backs

Le Grille (B-)Coach thought he'd go alright in the middle. Wasn't terrible with 13 kicks.jusjoshin (A-)Wannabe nuggety backpocket is actually decent intercepting defender!
BRAB (B)Also went midfield and didn't get flogged.TY24 (C)Center half back pocket. Wut?
Red mist (C-)A very misty contribution.Drunken Wookie (C+)Huuguughghg aarrragghuuhw raaaaaahhgh!
Midfield

SM (A)Went ruck and pretty much dominated.Biggie (A)Roamed free on the wing and pretty much dominated.
Agent93 (B+)Is he a forward, mid or back? No-one knows!Loonerty (C)Grumpy Loons is sulking in the back pocket.
por_please_ya (B)Rotated forward and failed to score.Drunkgoliath (C+)Got cuddles, got frees. Did nothing with it.
Forwards

Milera2Betts (C-)Frustrating return to the backline.larrikin (C-)Hit the scoreboard, literally, with inaccurate goal-shooting.
Golumless (C)All hail the new fullback!NaturalDisaster (B-)Quietly staying in and around Fred contention.
ArdentEagle (C)The sim really hates this guy for some reason.Chipmunk (B)Fantastic with three straight.
Interchange

go you pups (C)Roved around the ruck for 3 quarters.jackenny (B+)On really early into CHF
giphy.gif

This Week
Round 7 - Sun March 15, 2020
East Side Hawks vs West Coast Wonders @ The Eyrie

View attachment 837449

#OGSKWAH
I played like I felt all week. Shithouse!
I’ve had some good games too but it’s time to dominate. I’m feeling better now.

Round 7
ESH Media Header.png

East Side Hawks 19.9 (123) defeated West Coast Wonders 9.10 (64)

Hawks Notes

• After kicking 4 in our flattening of the Wonders, NaturalDisaster has been traded to the Warriors.
  • We welcome back former club captain, hall of famer, and Fred medalist Itsmyshow!
  • Used mainly of half-back and in the forward pocket, Chipmunk has had a brilliant first 3 games.
  • Meanwhile, unfortunately Loonerty is having a shocker of a season at ruck-rover.

1584419513748.png

Player Ratings
Backs

Red mist (C+)A midfield experiment once the team was in cruise.Chipmunk (C)Gave away 2 frees for biting both of his opponents' nuts.
BRAB (C)Pulled a heart muscle and immediately went to the rooms.TY24 (A-)Getting it done on and off the field.
jusjoshin (C-)No-one saw it, but his opponent was downed behind play.Drunken Wookie (B)Huuguughghg aarrragghuuhw raaaaaahhgh!

Midfield
SM (A-)Worked on his ball handling skills in the wet.Biggie (A+)Flat out dominated.
Agent93 (B+)A return to midfield marshaling.Loonerty (C-)Starting ruck-rover was an extremely solid back pocket.
por_please_ya (B)Got scared of Agent93 yelling and fled to back pocket.Drunkgoliath (B+)Strong performance and deserved a goal.

Forwards
Milera2Betts (A+)Racked up marks with link play.larrikin (C-)Got the ball and had a ping.
Golumless (B)Switched to the flank and started hand-balling.NaturalDisaster (B+)Four straight. All that was asked.
ArdentEagle (A-)Two straight amid 13 touches.Snake_Baker (C-)Just the one goal in his return.

Interchange
go you pups (B-)Another late midfield experiment.jackenny (C+)An early midfield experiment.

ConventionalObeseHuman-size_restricted.gif

This Week
Round 8 - Sun March 22, 2020
East Side Hawks vs Fighting Furies @ The Eyrie

Osprey.jpg

#OGSKWAH

Hey all, I just want to extend a warm welcome to Itsmyshow, and whilst he is a Hawk of legend being a past captain of the club, he's also contributed mightily to the current incarnation of the club by helping us fulfill our hopes and dreams of getting rid of NaturalDisaster.

Here's what he's done with the Hawks in the past:

PlayerGaHOKMHBTFFFAGBDHO/GaK/GaM/GaHB/GaD/GaT/GaFF/GaFA/GaG/GaB/Ga
Itsmyshow11111994231933368168110677119270.19.02.18.417.43.31.51.00.60.6

Captain in S16 and S17
Best poster in S16
Best and fairest in S17
All SFA in S14, S15 and S17.

Good to have you back IMS, with the career 350th on the horizon.

Hey all, I just want to extend a warm welcome to Itsmyshow, and whilst he is a Hawk of legend being a past captain of the club, he's also contributed mightily to the current incarnation of the club by helping us fulfill our hopes and dreams of getting rid of NaturalDisaster.

Here's what he's done with the Hawks in the past:

PlayerGaHOKMHBTFFFAGBDHO/GaK/GaM/GaHB/GaD/GaT/GaFF/GaFA/GaG/GaB/Ga
Itsmyshow11111994231933368168110677119270.19.02.18.417.43.31.51.00.60.6
Captain in S16 and S17

Best poster in S16
Best and fairest in S17
All SFA in S14, S15 and S17.

Good to have you back IMS, with the career 350th on the horizon.

Stoked to be back, the Hawks were always my second home and my favorite of all Sweet FA locations. I hope that I can contribute a little to the inevitable success that we will now have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also this happened:

2 : .03 {C} - Easy tapout for Biggie.
2 : .1 {C} - jackenny takes off.
2 : .14 {rHFF} - With his laser-like left foot.
2 : .18 {rHFF} - Milera2Betts pushes off and take a gutsy diving mark.
2 : .24 {rHFF} - With the ball is Milera2Betts.
2 : .28 {FF} - Hoofs it forward..
2 : .34 {FF} - Wojcinski is third man up and takes it easily.
2 : .38 {lBP} - Now SSwans2011 has the ball. What can he do with it?.
2 : .43 {lBP} - Crunching tackle by larrikin.
2 : .49 {rFP} - larrikin takes them on.
2 : .53 {rFP} - larrikin walks into goal.
2 : .59 {rFP} - Sails through the big sticks for number 300.
East Side Hawks : 7.1.43
West Coast Wonders : 3.4.22

CONGRATULATIONS ON 300 CAREER GOALS LARRI!

Also this happened:

2 : .03 {C} - Easy tapout for Biggie.
2 : .1 {C} - jackenny takes off.
2 : .14 {rHFF} - With his laser-like left foot.
2 : .18 {rHFF} - Milera2Betts pushes off and take a gutsy diving mark.
2 : .24 {rHFF} - With the ball is Milera2Betts.
2 : .28 {FF} - Hoofs it forward..
2 : .34 {FF} - Wojcinski is third man up and takes it easily.
2 : .38 {lBP} - Now SSwans2011 has the ball. What can he do with it?.
2 : .43 {lBP} - Crunching tackle by larrikin.
2 : .49 {rFP} - larrikin takes them on.
2 : .53 {rFP} - larrikin walks into goal.
2 : .59 {rFP} - Sails through the big sticks for number 300.
East Side Hawks : 7.1.43
West Coast Wonders : 3.4.22

CONGRATULATIONS ON 300 CAREER GOALS LARRI!
larrikin with the legendary legs.

bothereveryoneagain.template

Hi people etc,

I'm asking for someone to please furnish me with the names of any identities (real or implied) that your team uses for in- (or out-) jokes at your club. You might have a trainer, or pie stall vendor, or mascot, or president etc, who isn't an actual player at the club, and commonly reference them by name. For instance, the Roys have a cashier called Prudence and a mascot known as Dyson.

Preferably 'normal'-ish names, that could be a commonplace identity somewhere (Shirty the Slightly Aggressive Bear is an example of a failure to meet this criteria). Although I can adjust names a little where necessary while still keeping the reference mostly intact.

I just need names for streets. There are a lot of streets now. Oh god, there are so many streets.

Thanks!
Hey mobbs, we don't really have identities, but there's a couple of hashtags that follow us around: #OGSKWAH and #geauxhawks / #Gateauxhawks

I figure the latter could be a cake shop in Mongrel or something.

Best cakes and sausage rolls come from the bakery at your home ground. I am a massive fan of the Chocolate Bavarian Cake that por_please_ya whips up.
#Gateauxhawks

Completely off topic, but since I'm WFH today I've been exposed to some of my kid's randomness.

He's currently standing at the open front door yelling to the street "HEY NEIGHBOURS!"
"Daddy, I got poo in my bum"

z7n99AS.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back