Rumour Eddie Betts retiring at season end ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine your wife being heavily pregnant and you're taken off somewhere, denied access to your phone and your wife is not told anything.

Imagine the stress that would cause her if the phone was ringing out and she had no idea what's going on or if you're okay.

Story I heard was that the club admin didn't even know it was happening so when wives and gfs were calling the club had no idea what was going on.

I'd make the point that heads need to roll if any of this is true, but deep down we know that the club will choose to protect Burton rather than the playing group.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was she due to give birth? did she not have a support network around her? were there not family she could call?

How could the club not immediately end the program after something like that?

That's the best question that hasn't been answered....

A. Players are having a major sook

B. They were butt f***** so bad they're all traumatised.

If B happened then their reaction is understandable. If not, drink a cup or concrete and harden the * up.

Don't get me wrong alot of this bad press is self inflicted but I wonder if the reason the Vic media go so hard at the AFC and West Coast is because, out of all of the non-Vic clubs, the AFC and WC are the two that have the potential to be powerhouses. Luckily for them we excel at self destruction.

You criticised him. You said what he did was "poor" and agreed with Nixon's attack on his integrity.

The problem is that you initially criticised him for running any story at all. Because it created "added pressure" on Betts after an "emotionally difficult" week.

But now you're criticising him for not going the whole hog and revealing everything.

You can't have it both ways.
Go away plonker. My original post only required a yes or no answer. Your ego is ******* with you

From their website - current Collective Minds clients... Only 3 sporting teams as far as I can tell.

• Adelaide Crows
  • AFEX
  • Allianz
  • Ashe Morgan
  • Ayers Management
  • BBC
  • Carnival Australia
  • CEO Institute
  • CFO Centre
  • Challenger Bank
  • Deutsche Bank
  • Energy Super
  • Hoyne
  • Henkel
  • International Grammar School
  • Kindalin
  • Lendlease
  • Mainbrace
  • Mars
  • McCullough Robertson
  • MND Foundation
  • Nestle
  • NSW Ambulance
  • Queensland Treasury Corporation
  • Reserve Bank of Australia
  • Slingshot Media
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs
  • St Kilda
  • Sydney Trains
  • The Climate Institute
  • Trippas White Group
  • Universal Sony
  • William Buck
  • YPO
  • Zimmer Biomet
  • 3M Australia
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I'm.pretty sure a lot of those "clients" are from Leddie's previous business, which was a credible Business Intelligence business. I know for a fact that it was Leddie who did the work at the Rabbitohs prior to having anything to do with CM. Leddie only became a co-owner of CM in sept 17 from memory.

CM claiming these as "clients" is a bit of a stretch.

Not 100% sure...ok, pretty sure.....righto.

Followed up with a definitive statement of fact.......Hurrah
“CM claiming these as "clients" is a bit of a stretch”...Oakey doke.

Firstly let me clarify that I have no opinion on Collective Minds and the club/ players association with them,as I don’t really know what has gone on and assumption and rumour doesn’t really do it for me....i’ll Wait for facts.

But in regards to the above list of clients, please take a look at the extra bolded names I have added.
You will note there are some very big brands, charities, banks and government enterprises. Not the sort of hodge podge list of names I was expecting, not enterprises run by your standard numb skull footy club admin anyway.

Let’s take a look at 2 of these “clients”.....let’s go with Nestle and the Reserve Bank of Australia.
Not exactly irrelevant entities in the Australian corporate landscape, certainly not enterprises that would kindly tolerate their name or brand being associated with another business for said businesses marketing purpose’s.......without prior consent and approval.
Do you understand that you cannot try to dupe consumers through false advertising and you cannot associate your business to another without approval from them.....unless your dumb or just really really like paying for lawyers.

The client list above is the client list of Collective Minds, until such time those clients ask to have their name and any association removed from C M’s client list, please desist from making assumptions “fact” to suit your argument.

I wonder if these clients did a weekend similar to what our boys did? Did th Reserve Bank lose a truckload of people because of it, did Nestle, Sony, MND Foundation, did lendlease.......if not why not, these are the questions I want answered. Were they scarred for life, or are they just substantially tougher than professional AfL football players......so many questions that can’t be answered....or no one wants to ask. Perhaps we could recruit a few nestle employees and throw them in the back lines.

Perhaps before you post it would be best to step back from your chest puffing game of internet winsies (I love that....whoever said it earlier we’ll done, sums it up perfectly) and actuallys asess what your head is thinking.

Not 100%.... pretty sure...........actually implies you do not actually know, and puts into question every one of your supposed “facts” that you have put forward in this debate.

Not 100% sure...ok, pretty sure.....righto.

Followed up with a definitive statement of fact.......Hurrah
“CM claiming these as "clients" is a bit of a stretch”...Oakey doke.

Firstly let me clarify that I have no opinion on Collective Minds and the club/ players association with them,as I don’t really know what has gone on and assumption and rumour doesn’t really do it for me....i’ll Wait for facts.

But in regards to the above list of clients, please take a look at the extra bolded names I have added.
You will note there are some very big brands, charities, banks and government enterprises. Not the sort of hodge podge list of names I was expecting, not enterprises run by your standard numb skull footy club admin anyway.

Let’s take a look at 2 of these “clients”.....let’s go with Nestle and the Reserve Bank of Australia.
Not exactly irrelevant entities in the Australian corporate landscape, certainly not enterprises that would kindly tolerate their name or brand being associated with another business for said businesses marketing purpose’s.......without prior consent and approval.
Do you understand that you cannot try to dupe consumers through false advertising and you cannot associate your business to another without approval from them.....unless your dumb or just really really like paying for lawyers.

The client list above is the client list of Collective Minds, until such time those clients ask to have their name and any association removed from C M’s client list, please desist from making assumptions “fact” to suit your argument.

I wonder if these clients did a weekend similar to what our boys did? Did th Reserve Bank lose a truckload of people because of it, did Nestle, Sony, MND Foundation, did lendlease.......if not why not, these are the questions I want answered. Were they scarred for life, or are they just substantially tougher than professional AfL football players......so many questions that can’t be answered....or no one wants to ask. Perhaps we could recruit a few nestle employees and throw them in the back lines.

Perhaps before you post it would be best to step back from your chest puffing game of internet winsies (I love that....whoever said it earlier we’ll done, sums it up perfectly) and actuallys asess what your head is thinking.

Not 100%.... pretty sure...........actually implies you do not actually know, and puts into question every one of your supposed “facts” that you have put forward in this debate.
Well that's a lot of words.

PS a simple fact check will show you the Rabbitohs engaged Leddie in the premiership year. 2014? When did CM start? When did Leddie come on board?

Thanks Amon ;)

Well that's a lot of words.

PS a simple fact check will show you the Rabbitohs engaged Leddie in the premiership year. 2014? When did CM start? When did Leddie come on board?

Thanks Amon ;)

Do I look like I care when wasisname came on board....and that is not the statement of fact you were implying at all.

A simple fact is CM cannot associate themsleves with a business without their approval, ergo south Sydney Rabbitohs are a cm client.
You were asserting they are not cm clients, they obviously are.

Not interested in your ego stroking mate, just try sticking to logic with your arguments.
Logic is much harder to slap down than ego.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know what actually happened at that Camp?

This could one of the biggest regrets for Pyke later on in his coaching career.

Funnily enough, a close mate of mine was a senior executive at Nestle until recently. He's never heard of them.
If that is correct than CM is a sham as you have been saying.........if that is correct.

Perhaps your easiest avenue to discredit them and do it with fact, is to prove their client list is fabricated.

If that is correct than CM is a sham as you have been saying.........if that is correct.

Perhaps your easiest avenue to discredit them and do it with fact, is to prove their client list is fabricated.
I don't think it's "fabricated" as such. My personal view from joining the dots and timelines is that when Wolfe got Leddie to buy in in 2017, Leddie's client list came with it, including past clients. Leddie had a legit business intelligence business up until about 2012 and had many corporate clients. I reckon they've made their way onto that endorsement list.

If you look at Wolfes timeline and social media, there's no evidence that he's worked with all those companies. And we know Amon is a brand and social media whore.

Hence "pretty sure" just from applying some critical analysis. I haven't claimed this as fact, never did.

From what I was told the issue with Eddie didnt just relate to his phone. That was the least of it. Eddie is very close with Sauce. Sauces brother was brought up during the CM trip. There is a superstition in Aboriginal culture about naming the dead, which is quite upsetting to them. Eddie took major offence to this as did some other Aboriginal players.

From what I was told the issue with Eddie didnt just relate to his phone. That was the least of it. Eddie is very close with Sauce. Sauces brother was brought up during the CM trip. There is a superstition in Aboriginal culture about naming the dead, which is quite upsetting to them. Eddie took major offence to this as did some other Aboriginal players.
Very disrespectful as Sauce wasn't there

I’ve never heard of avoidance speech extending to non-indigenous people? What I was told was certainly culturally sensitive but wasn’t linked at all to Sam Jacobs.

You don't need to be a trained psychologist to understand how offensive it is to name the dead around Aboriginal people.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back