EDFL Division 1 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any other news heard on Tulla? I've heard they most likely won't be fielding an U18 side this year due to lack of numbers, this must be a massive worry considering they played in and almost took out the U18 grand final 2 years ago

Talked to a guy today who said 3 clubs were in doubt of fielding sides in the 16's in Div 3 this year. Tulla and KP were mentioned along with Jacana.

Almost fell off my chair laughing at this statement.:D

Everyone's an expert :rolleyes:

Ammo clubs with school ties use business connections and old boys networks to recruit

If they land the player a higher paying job then there's no need to pay the player... Best mates old man was president of an ammo club... Has said to me that they didn't have the network to compete with the clubs from the big end of town

Everyone's an expert :rolleyes:

Ammo clubs with school ties use business connections and old boys networks to recruit

If they land the player a higher paying job then there's no need to pay the player... Best mates old man was president of an ammo club... Has said to me that they didn't have the network to compete with the clubs from the big end of town

You really think the top ammo clubs don't pay? Please, what a load of rubbish!

I heard a whisper that s_cranberry came down in the last shower.

The whisper i've heard is that Fletch is bang on the money, literally.

I heard a whisper that there are a lot of egyption type handshakes that go on when you sign on to play at a top level ammo club.

Any other news heard on Tulla? I've heard they most likely won't be fielding an U18 side this year due to lack of numbers, this must be a massive worry considering they played in and almost took out the U18 grand final 2 years ago

I heard a whisper that C. Laurie was unhappy and had a few grumblings about the coach.

Can this whisper be confirmed??

I cant even begin to imagine how bored "The Whispera" must be to make up this utter garbage. I think I speak for all on this forum by saying you are a stain. Your inability to say anything interesting or worthwhile is astonishing. You repeat information that has been canvassed on here 4 months ago, sometimes years ago.

Hang On!!! Stop The Press!!! Don't tell me!!!!!... Mick Malthous is coaching West Coast and Paul Dear just won the '91 Norm Smith Medal.

Stop posting pointless rumours that are based on no fact whatsoever. You are annoying beyond description. For the record... I heard a whisper no one likes you.

I'm not saying that all ammo clubs don't pay.., some would but it would be the minority... I played in the ammos last year... Crowds are woeful they can't sell grog until the senior game is finished... Not a whole lot of money to be made on game days

Ask anyone involved with ammo clubs... They will tell you how hard it is to retain players getting offers from clubs outside the ammos...

Goes good in good teams as most forwards do. Besides, with the money you guys are throwing at him it's a bit late asking how he goes! He will do ok.

Cheers, pretty much the replies we had already got just wanted to put it out there on a open forum to get some others.

Cheers and thanks for your input.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'I've heard a whisper'
C grade could yet be put off for another year, just like it was changed from the start of this year to after everyone has played once.

'I've heard a whisper'
C grade could yet be put off for another year, just like it was changed from the start of this year to after everyone has played once.

. I'm a supporter of having C grade if done correctly... ATM though this is becoming a joke

. I'm a supporter of having C grade if done correctly... ATM though this is becoming a joke

Agree 100%, if done correctly will eventually be great. A few clubs will get the sads about being called a C grade club at the start but if it is a proper competition i.e 8 or more teams then it can only work out positively.

What will kill it is clubs overspending trying to stay in B grade only for the league to then put it off, or players not wanting to play in a team that plays only 5 other clubs 3 or 4 times.

What will kill it is clubs overspending trying to stay in B grade only for the league to then put it off, or players not wanting to play in a team that plays only 5 other clubs 3 or 4 times.

Yeah that's the big danger... Although it's up to clubs to spend responsibly at all times...

Yeah that's the big danger... Although it's up to clubs to spend responsibly at all times...

Do you think players will stick around once a club goes down to c grade.??? players seem to leave clubs alot when they have been relegated to B grade in the past. would it be worse in C grade?

Do you think players will stick around once a club goes down to c grade.??? players seem to leave clubs alot when they have been relegated to B grade in the past. would it be worse in C grade?

C gradecould be an opportunity for guys heading towards the end of their careers to snare a flag or Some players like to be the big fish in the small pond too... Div 3 Teams in the NFL seem to be able to recruit still...

Sort of what happened last year i reckon, with limited info from the EDFL about the introduction of "C Grade", caused clubs to be concerned etc., now some clubs in B Grade are struggling...
No point trying to bring in another tier if their is a possibility of clubs folding or merging.

Definately need a minimum of 8 teams in my opinion

Who is bank rolling APW?

1.They would have made 30-40k profit from their 50th anniversary function last season.
2. They are structured this year to make a killing off their juniors. Juniors need to buy a "supporters package' for $150 per player over the top of their regular membership fees. With 3 U10 teams, 3U12 teams, a U14 team an maybe an U16 team = 160 juniors. They will make a minimum of $80profit x160 junior merchandise package = $14,000.
This is 50k+ more than last year in the kitty on top of their savings over the lastr few years. So they are working hard. Don't know if they have a plan beyond 2012 as you don't have a 50th every year and you can't sell juniors merchandise packs each year. They are also upsetting a number of clubs and making some enemies with their ruthless poaching of junior players at under 14, 16 and 18 level under the guise of "development program". Morally wrong but legally permissible. Can't wait for the Glenroy Airport West Clash!!!

1.They would have made 30-40k profit from their 50th anniversary function last season.
2. They are structured this year to make a killing off their juniors. Juniors need to buy a "supporters package' for $150 per player over the top of their regular membership fees. With 3 U10 teams, 3U12 teams, a U14 team an maybe an U16 team = 160 juniors. They will make a minimum of $80profit x160 junior merchandise package = $14,000.
This is 50k+ more than last year in the kitty on top of their savings over the lastr few years. So they are working hard. Don't know if they have a plan beyond 2012 as you don't have a 50th every year and you can't sell juniors merchandise packs each year. They are also upsetting a number of clubs and making some enemies with their ruthless poaching of junior players at under 14, 16 and 18 level under the guise of "development program". Morally wrong but legally permissible. Can't wait for the Glenroy Airport West Clash!!!
Hope they look after the junior players when they get into the senior ranks

KP Are shot,

Most of the 30 odd that were reported as being at training earlier on were U18's

A lot of long standing juniors that have come through the ranks are looking to other clubs, expect a flood of clearances

they could fall over in the next two weeks

be very surprised if the have already told the league they are in trouble

Hope they sort it out, would not be good to lose KPFC

Just read this on another forum

'quote'
Things not looking good for KP I am told. Have no players and are refusing to release any contracted players for the coming season. None of them will play for KP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back