EDIT: Fixture Released - Rounds 14-18

Remove this Banner Ad

If we verse you's in QLD at night where it's all dewy or on a rainy day then I back you's to win since we're horrible when the ball is slippery like the Blues were on top of us when the footy was wet and we improved when the sun came out and the rain held out. It be more of an even match up when it's in the dry afternoon though. Your defense matches up perfectly against our forward line Balta would be the perfect match up on Kennedy, Astbury (assuming he comes back) on Darling, Broad on Waterman, Grimes on Allen or Ryan.

I reckon the granny will be held whichever state is the first to remove 50% cap on crowds and allow 100% capacity crowds back.

I agree

i do think that if capacity is in the same ball park between QLD and WA then the AFL will go with brisvegas simply because they have pretty much saved the league by hubbing most of us filthy victorians and its got the better time zone for eastern coast viewing.

Nice run home. Being based/playing finals in QLD will sit well with boys, 🤞 no WA finals

Can see the blocks falling into place

Houli straight back in

Can see Nank back within 2 weeks.

Cotch nursed through to finals.

Prestia and Edwards maybe sneak 2 games in before finals.

Astbury- tail end of season

Dusty and Bolton will need to be managed

Last edited:
I reckon the granny will be held whichever state is the first to remove 50% cap on crowds and allow 100% capacity crowds back.
I'm sure there'll be a number of factors, but with QLD having the 2 match ready stadiums within an hour or so of each other (Gabba and Metricon), I wonder if this will be a factor to hosting the finals series as a whole?

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

I'm sure there'll be a number of factors, but with QLD having the 2 match ready stadiums within an hour or so of each other (Gabba and Metricon), I wonder if this will be a factor to hosting the finals series as a whole?

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk
Has to be a factor surely having 2 venues to get through week one of finals At least

Looks like we are heading to cairns for the freo game ...time to exorcise some bad memories from the past !!!
I'll take Freo in Cairns, because it means we definitely get West Coast at Gabba/Metricon.

Really hoping they play the whole finals series in Queensland.

Nice run home. Being based/playing finals in QLD will sit well with boys, 🤞 no WA finals

Can see the blocks falling into place

Houli straight back in

Can see Nank back within 2 weeks.

Cotch nursed through to finals.

Prestia and Edwards maybe sneak 2 games in before finals.

Astbury- tail end of season

Dusty and Bolton will need to be managed

Has shedda moved to qld yet?

It's all panning out perfectly for us.

The gf won't be in Perth unless somehow there's an outbreak in QLD.

The afl want hearts and minds from the bum sniffing states and telstra will put the kybosh on anything to do with optus.

I'd say there's more chance of it being in SA than WA.

It's all panning out perfectly for us.

The gf won't be in Perth unless somehow there's an outbreak in QLD.

The afl want hearts and minds from the bum sniffing states and telstra will put the kybosh on anything to do with optus.

I'd say there's more chance of it being in SA than WA.

Hadn't thought of that influence. Interesting bit of negotiation I'd like to listen to...........

I think he’s still waiting on a baby
This was written July 5th:

Hardwick wasn’t definitive about whether Edwards and Houli would remain in Victoria, and if they did, for how long, but confirmed that they both had major considerations on the homefront.

“Bachar had a baby boy. We haven’t worked our way through that,” Harwdick said.

Shane Edwards’ partner’s pregnant and pretty close to giving birth now so we’ve got some situations we have to work through but the overriding thing is we’re pumped and ready to go. Can’t wait to get up there, bring on the sun. I’m a tanning type of person!”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardwick wasn’t definitive about whether Edwards and Houli would remain in Victoria, and if they did, for how long, but confirmed that they both had major considerations on the homefront.

Shane Edwards’ partner’s pregnant and pretty close to giving birth now so we’ve got some situations we have to work through but the overriding thing is we’re pumped and ready to go. Can’t wait to get up there, bring on the sun. I’m a tanning type of person!”
I remember reading that but then hadn't heard any news about the birth. obviously that has to occur first. I hope everything is ok.

I'd love to have Shedda back in... but this comes first.

im hearing Houli in for the Gold Coast game, shedda is still weeks away

Port will get home finals. Lock it in.
port v wc in a knockout final in adelaide...wc get knocked out when thye should have played in perth ....vicbias

Fixture for rounds 14-17 gets released tomorrow, 10 teams to have byes.
Games to be played on 17 out of 18 days.

There might be a bye between round 18 and first week of finals.

"Round 18 will also be released on Friday, but it will be deemed a "floating fixture", with times of games not to be determined until a later date in order to maximise intrigue leading into the finals."

Fixture for rounds 14-17 gets released tomorrow, 10 teams to have byes.
Games to be played on 17 out of 18 days.

There might be a bye between round 18 and first week of finals.

"Round 18 will also be released on Friday, but it will be deemed a "floating fixture", with times of games not to be determined until a later date in order to maximise intrigue leading into the finals."
You just know we are playing the eagles or cats last.

Its going to be very difficult to make top 4 from here. All four of the current top four are in good form. The cats are really the only one we have a chance of replacing, and in order to do it we'll probably have to win all of our remaining games.

Dropping the GWS game, and the no-show against the Hawks early in the year are going to come back to bite us imo.

Its going to be very difficult to make top 4 from here. All four of the current top four are in good form. The cats are really the only one we have a chance of replacing, and in order to do it we'll probably have to win all of our remaining games.

Dropping the GWS game, and the no-show against the Hawks early in the year are going to come back to bite us imo.
11 wins has been enough for 4th spot after 17 games in the last 3 years.

Its tough but not out of reach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back