Traded EGM, Football Josh Mahoney - Footy Operations boss at the AFL - 28/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Just think what happened at the end of last year.

Our hard ball gets contested work, power running and forward 50 retention are all a problem.

Who do we chase? Bobby Hill.
I still can't work out if this was Dodoro's fault, or if that was Ben Rutten fault or if Josh Mahoney ok's this.

No wonder we are s**t show

Just think what happened at the end of last year.

Our hard ball gets contested work, power running and forward 50 retention are all a problem.

Who do we chase? Bobby Hill.
He would have been our only small forward. Not a fan myself but it is a spot in the list that needed filling.

He would have been an awful choice.

He's not a defensive player, chaser or tackler.

He basically just Steve Motlop. Very Dodoro player.
Was still a gap in the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I imagine only one of Mahoney and Dodoro survives.
And we know who should. The list manager should be the fourth most important in the footy department behind the GM of football , the coach and the head of recruiting even though he reports to the list manager.
If the fire another GM of footy then they are not going anywhere.😎

If it’s one of Mahoney or Dodoro I’ll take Mahoney.

Get rid of Sheedy while they’re at it.

i think everyone who’s been there for an extended period should be looked at, including board members. You can’t keep sacking coaches and not holding other people accountable as well.

If it’s one of Mahoney or Dodoro I’ll take Mahoney.

Get rid of Sheedy while they’re at it.
I agree. Tough situation getting rid of Dodoro given we are so close to the trade/draft period. Mind you I can't see us being too active in trade week and surely the bulk of the leg work has been done for the draft...

I agree. Tough situation getting rid of Dodoro given we are so close to the trade/draft period. Mind you I can't see us being too active in trade week and surely the bulk of the leg work has been done for the draft...
As long as Mahoney is there it is not an issue. RFK takes care of the draft as it is his job anyway. Josh handles the trade / FA

RFK does most of the scouting these days, and Mahoney played an active role in Melbourne’s trade and draft periods from memory, so Dodoro may not be essential anyway.

As long as Mahoney is there it is not an issue. RFK takes care of the draft as it is his job anyway. Josh handles the trade / FA
That is scary though. We have probably been doing list stuff pretty solidly for six weeks already, if they push Mahoney out and the coach is gone then you’re left with like Dodoro and line coaches (whichever remain) doing exit interviews which is… ick.

Josh is a good operator at the trade table. With a good recruiter next to him, the list strategy should come together.
Ideally you'd have a coach at the helm but with the timing I think we have to settle on do the best we can to get quality in, then have input from coaches strategy/direction from next year.

Getting to help select the new coach so you would assume he is reasonably safe. Unless he comes up with someone Barham does not want.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back