Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd like to see our setup like this:

Betts, Kreuzer, Garlett
McVeigh, Fletcher, Hardingham

Walker, O'hailpin, Gibbs
Myers, Pears, Heppell

i actually kinda like that.....i like when McVeigh gets in that mindset where he focuses every thing on stopping his player dead. Every now and then you see it, when he has been given a big job, he has that focused stare in his eyes and he is like a dog with a bone. I'd hope the betts job in a final would bring that out in him.

The only one that worries me is myers on walker...walker has a massive tank, on his second and third leads id hope myers would still be able to stay on him but i'm not sure.

I'd like to see our setup like this:

Betts, Kreuzer, Garlett
McVeigh, Fletcher, Hardingham

Walker, O'hailpin, Gibbs
Myers, Pears, Heppell
Agreed. At the front end for me:

HF: Davey, Hurley, Jetta
HB: Yarran, Henderson, Russell

FF: Reimers, Carlisle, Hille
FB: Duigan, Jamison, Laidler

I don't get why everyone's putting the 6'5" skinny guy on the 6'3" beefy guy and the 6'3" beefy guy on the 6'5" skinny guy.

Surely Ratten won't over-think this one:
Jamison will go to Hurley; unless they start him out on a wing and tag Jamison with Welsh.
Henderson to Carlisle.

That Duigan-Reimers match-up is prolly the one I'm most worried by.

i actually kinda like that.....i like when McVeigh gets in that mindset where he focuses every thing on stopping his player dead. Every now and then you see it, when he has been given a big job, he has that focused stare in his eyes and he is like a dog with a bone. I'd hope the betts job in a final would bring that out in him.

The only one that worries me is myers on walker...walker has a massive tank, on his second and third leads id hope myers would still be able to stay on him but i'm not sure.
I'd prefer to have Pears on Walker, but Myers would be conceding too much height of O'hAilpin, especially with his reach.

So the other setup could be:

Walker: Pears
O'hAilpin: Carlisle
Gibbs: Myers

spare: Heppell

However I feel we'll need Carlisle up forward moreso.

Davey kept Yarran to 8 touches the last game despite losing by 10+ goals. Yarran's main advantage is his run, carry and great speed.

When Davey played on him most of his advantages were nullified. Should do it again.

For some reason, I am pretty confident with this one. We match up pretty well against Carlton so hopefully we beat them. I think getting of to a good start is the key. Catch up footy is not good footy so take up a decent lead, let them throw what ever they want (as long as it is not a game changing momentum), then finish of strongly. When going to games, I can usually predict how the game is going to unfold during the first 10 minutes of the game so the boys need to be switched on from the start. I would have Davey on Yarran as he has the speed to go with him. Yarran's biggest asset is his speed and davey's pressure can be good.

Apparently Kruezer is right to go. Had a cyst blocking his artery and it is treatable so he should be right.

Apparently Kruezer is right to go. Had a cyst blocking his artery and it is treatable so he should be right.

Doesn't bother me. Had little impact last time until, y'know, his opponent left the field for the rest of the game. Then he ripped it right open.

watching footy classified (yeah yeah i know, there's my first mistake), i can't believe how they pretty much totally glossed over this game like it was a foregone conclusion, whereas they spoke about every other side in fair detail.

they mentioned kreuzer and his foot problem and then hutchy went straight onto talking about their next game against coll/wce. a fairly rhetorical sounding 'well they cant win can they?' was asked about us and grant said there was a possibility with the style of game we play and that was about it.

i think we're a seriously good show here. yes carlton have obviously had the better season and there's every possibility they could end our season, but we do tend to match up with them very well and some key injuries/underdone players for them will make things very interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

watching footy classified (yeah yeah i know, there's my first mistake), i can't believe how they pretty much totally glossed over this game like it was a foregone conclusion, whereas they spoke about every other side in fair detail.

they mentioned kreuzer and his foot problem and then hutchy went straight onto talking about their next game against coll/wce. a fairly rhetorical sounding 'well they cant win can they?' was asked about us and grant said there was a possibility with the style of game we play and that was about it.

i think we're a seriously good show here. yes carlton have obviously had the better season and there's every possibility they could end our season, but we do tend to match up with them very well and some key injuries/underdone players for them will make things very interesting.
Yeah i couldn't believe Hutchy said that. (i've always thought he has had something against us). Thomas thought we have a good show and seemed a lot more open minded.

Your right though they completely glossed over the biggest Elimination final WTF?

It'll be the same next week. 'oh essendon? Well wc is at home and trashed them last time, so no chance'.

Never under estimate just how lazy these shows are, and how little the people on them actually know footy.

I think we will beat Carlton btw. I think the mood is right in the team at the moment. We coasted in to finals (smashed the dogs in the only game we actually needed to win to make it) and have one of our strongest squads to select from. I think we might even win by a fair margin.

Anything that Hutchison has to say about any topic is usually utter bollocks.

Thomas, on the other hand, was producing wild and completely confident speculation about both St Kilda rebounding from its terrible early season form, and Essendon turning its dismal mid-season form, although he was largely pooh-poohed by his colleagues. And we know how that worked out.

will this be the contest that decides the game?

art-svJUDDWATSON-420x0.jpg

awesome pic....

If the Blues rely heavily on their small forwards in Betts and Garlett they'll lose, they can't play in big games.

I was at the Saints vs Blues game last week, and Garlett's confidence is no where to be seen, didn't even take a set shot from 10 meters out, played on and missed.

Carlton beat us last time.

For this to occur we had our two most important clearance players out, and lost a key defender in the first half.

Conversely, they had their star captain play just about his best game ever, a small forward play out of his skin for 8 goals (who has barely kicked one in the last month), their next most important midfielder Murphy racked up 30 touches, and their ruck/forward who was subbed off last week clunked some big marks.

Now, it's possible absolutely everything might go their way again, but it probably won't.

Make no mistake, we are a very big show to win this game.

Correction, Lance.

We had our three most improtant clearance players out, with the fourth concussed after a minute; we had two of our first key defenders (Hooker and Fletcher) out, with the other gone after half time, and the other playing on one foot up the other end.

I'm confident. Nervous, almost sick in the stomach, but confident. :p

Correction, Lance.

We had our three most improtant clearance players out, with the fourth concussed after a minute; we had two of our first key defenders (Hooker and Fletcher) out, with the other gone after half time, and the other playing on one foot up the other end.

I'm confident. Nervous, almost sick in the stomach, but confident. :p

Exactly sums up my thoughts.

Will be the first final I've attended since the '93 prelim. Hopefully our season pans out the same as that year :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back