Preview Elimination Final: Port Adelaide v Richmond @ Adelaide Oval, 2:50pm Sun 07/09/14

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How I see the match ups happening.

B Cam O'Shea Alipate Carlile Tom Jonas
F Shane Edwards Jack Riewoldt Dustin Martin

HB Matthew Broadbent Jack Hombsch Jasper Pittard
HF Nathan Gordon Ben Griffiths Brett Deledio

C Kane Cornes Ollie Wines Hamish Hartlett

HF Robbie Gray Justin Westhoff Angus Monfries
HB Reece Conca Troy Chaplin Bachar Houli

F Jake Neade Jay Schulz Chad Wingard
B Steve Morris Alex Rance Dylan Grimes

FOL Matthew Lobbe Travis Boak Brad Ebert
FOL Ivan Maric Shaun Grigg Brandon Ellis

I/C Jared Polec Matt White Jackson Trengove
I/C Nathan Foley Jake Batchelor Chris Newman

SUB Andrew Moore
SUB Nick Vlastuin

Down back, I've gone with Conca to Gray in a tagging role Houli to try and work off of Monfries, Grimes to sit on Wingard and annoy the crap out of him all day, while Morris gets to sit with Neade. Chappy gets Westhoff again while Rance goes to Schulz. All in all pretty standard match ups.

In the middle I reckon Cornes will go to Miles again to try and limit his impact around the packs and I've got Grigg going to Boak for us in another run with role. That sees Cotchin v Wines Petterd v Hartlett and Ellis v Ebert as the pivotal battles IMO. If our 3 can get on top and drive the ball our way it will be a big step in the right direction.

In our F50, Carlisle gets Jack and Hombsch gets Griffiths in the key posts, while I can see Jonas being given Martin when Dusty is forward. Gordon should go with Broadbent and Deledio is likely to get Pittard, if that happens the I'd be sending Deledio to the square straight away and clearing out the 50 as Pittard will not like being isolated with Lids deep. O'Shea goes to Edwards although I wouldn't be shocked to see him and Pittard swapping roles very quickly.

On the pine I see us starting Foley Batchelor and Newman to give us some run and carry, while the lack of a match up for Trengove see him join White and Polec on the bench for Port, with Port looking at injecting their pace after the heat dies down a little. As for the subs I see Moore being the Port sub and Vlastuin getting it for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ashley Porter's fairfax article made me laugh.
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/afl...rom-port-guernsey-furore-20140906-10d4f2.html

Tigers stand to gain from Port guernsey furore

He says that Port's midfield will win easily but if Port have trouble hitting targets it's because of the jumpers

"Boak, Ebert, Gray, Hartlett, Wingard, Wines any day."

"Don't be surprised if Port takes time to hit its targets; the natural instinct of looking for a black, white and teal top, or a predominantly white top with these colours, won't be there."

What complete horses**t! No wonder people take the piss out of people from Adelaide.

Who Da * is Ashley Porter??

Its a very good midfield but bugger me trying to pick a better one between ours and theirs, Cotchin, Martin, Deledio, Miles, Ellis, Edwards... plus Foley and Vlastuin (and Grigg).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back