Preview Elimination Final: Port Adelaide v Richmond @ Adelaide Oval, 2:50pm Sun 07/09/14

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would like to partially retract a post I made on your board some months ago after a loss:

"This was such a disappointing game for you guys. It only adds to an incredibly disappointing season. It really breaks my heart to see Richmond floundering so badly. My grandfather played for Richmond. The club has spawned some absolute champions and the legacy of the Tigers is legendary. The supporters are some of the most passionate, loyal and decent fans in the league. Dimma knows this. You can see the angst on the poor bastard's face every time his team dishes up a performance like this. I don't know what the answer is - I don't even know what the real problems are. But the Richmond guernsey deserves far better than what this current playing group are giving it."

I'm as shocked at the streak as you guys, but something has changed at Richmond. I'll be watching the game intently tomorrow, cheering you guys on. Unfortunately I couldn't get a ticket to the match, which sucks because my whole family will be going to support to Tigers, but I reckon I'll hang around in a pub somewhere to watch it, in the hope of a miracle. How sweet it will be to stroll through the Adelaide CBD amid a sea of disappointed Port Adelaide fans...

I would love to win a final tomorrow, but won't wail if the results do not go our way. Next year however, the bar is set higher. I would see 2015 as a success if the boys make it to the preliminary finals. No less than that, because they showed this year that they are more than capable of doing so

Geez I'll be a tad upset if we lose.

Backed Hawthorn, Swans and Richmond in a multi and it's paying 5/1

Today is the day where the AFL community will not only witness two fast-paced sides attack the ball with unrelenting vigor, but one side that has extraordinary momentum and one side that has excellent recent form; arguably, both have excellent form and also clean list of health, too. Despite some of the banter on this forum, when you measure these two sides up over the past ten weeks, on a number of variables, Richmond comes out on top, only just, though. Home turf for the Port Adelaide Power won't count for much, as the Tigers are traveling machines and thoroughly enjoy interstate battles. And the voice of 7,000 Richmond faithful will attenuate the Portress hymns into a soft lullaby of sorts after 12 minutes of play, punctuated by loud, aimless yelps.

When that ball bounces in approximately 13 hours, it's all up to our ruthless Tigers. Do it for Tommy, Do it for the faithful, Do it for the faithful who have passed us by, Do it for yourselves.

I would like to partially retract a post I made on your board some months ago after a loss:

"This was such a disappointing game for you guys. It only adds to an incredibly disappointing season. It really breaks my heart to see Richmond floundering so badly. My grandfather played for Richmond. The club has spawned some absolute champions and the legacy of the Tigers is legendary. The supporters are some of the most passionate, loyal and decent fans in the league. Dimma knows this. You can see the angst on the poor bastard's face every time his team dishes up a performance like this. I don't know what the answer is - I don't even know what the real problems are. But the Richmond guernsey deserves far better than what this current playing group are giving it."

I'm as shocked at the streak as you guys, but something has changed at Richmond. I'll be watching the game intently tomorrow, cheering you guys on. Unfortunately I couldn't get a ticket to the match, which sucks because my whole family will be going to support to Tigers, but I reckon I'll hang around in a pub somewhere to watch it, in the hope of a miracle. How sweet it will be to stroll through the Adelaide CBD amid a sea of disappointed Port Adelaide fans...
Cole Dammett might still have a ticket if you wanted one

Just watching the replay of the Port game this year.. If Lloyd built a tank he will be a player!

Also... does Deledio hate Port? Cause .. he loves destroying them lol

Ask a question out of pure curiosity....... get trolled.

Ta. :rolleyes:

Sorry about the other remarks from those posters.

I think it's a fair idea but the extra 2 hours travel by plane is probably preferable to an entire week of interrupted routine. Can't see family etc etc

Getting a bit nervous,win lose or draw I am so proud of the boys.I will be off to Punt rd to watch on the big screen,I will take a wander down to behind the goals and remember my seat there years ago.Fred Swift would talk to us kids over the fence,I can still remember the excitement of the games at Punt rd.
Come on Tiges we can do this

Great post.

And there are still tickets on sale at ticketek.

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/showtickets.aspx?sh=QUALIADO14&v=ADO&p=EADO0000141A

And viagogo.

http://www.viagogo.com/au/Sports-Ti...Series/AFL-Qualifying-Finals-Tickets/E-693421

I'm not feeling that nervous. Feels different to last years final, that's for sure. Less pressure than last year with Carlton being elevated and feeling that we shouldn't really lose. I feel as though the pressure we had on us last year is similar to the pressure Port are under this year.

We need to get off to a good start today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ashley Porter's fairfax article made me laugh.
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/afl...rom-port-guernsey-furore-20140906-10d4f2.html

Tigers stand to gain from Port guernsey furore

He says that Port's midfield will win easily but if Port have trouble hitting targets it's because of the jumpers

"Boak, Ebert, Gray, Hartlett, Wingard, Wines any day."

"Don't be surprised if Port takes time to hit its targets; the natural instinct of looking for a black, white and teal top, or a predominantly white top with these colours, won't be there."

What complete horses**t! No wonder people take the piss out of people from Adelaide.

Last edited:
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/afl...rom-port-guernsey-furore-20140906-10d4f2.html

He says that Port's midfield will win easily but if Port have trouble hitting targets it's because of the jumpers

"Don't be surprised if Port takes time to hit its targets; the natural instinct of looking for a black, white and teal top, or a predominantly white top with these colours, won't be there."

What complete horses**t! No wonder people take the piss out of people from Adelaide.

Lmfao wut

On the flip side, yellow is the easiest colour to spot...

One example of change in statistics for a goaltender switching to white is Marc-Andre Fleury of the Pittsburgh Penguins. He started the 2007-2008 season wearing bright yellow pads and posted a 2.61 goals against average and a .906 save percentage before suffering an injury.
Fleury changed his pads after receiving a letter from an Ottawa optometrist who explained that yellow stands out to the human eye more than any other colour, and that white was a far better option, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported.
It worked for him. Once Fleury returned wearing white pads, he went 23-8-1, including 14-6 in the playoffs, with a 1.77 GAA and a .937 save percentage. The bright yellow pads haven’t been seen since.

I don't know if that means we should be more yellow or less :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back