Podcast Ep. 5.70 & 71: THE DRAFT - The Phantom

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

All of the best mids in the game have an A grade defensively minded mid as back-up:
- Martin & Cotchin
- Danger & Selwood
- Fyfe & Mundy
- (Hopefully Wingard & Wines)

Freo have the chance to pick up a similar pair at this draft. At 2 and 5, who are the best pair of match winner/all-rounder mids for Freo to pick up? Rayner & Brayshaw? Stephenson & Cerra? Dow & LDU?

Who would you pick?

Last edited:
At our mid 40s picks, there may be 2 of Will Walker, Jackson Ross, Starcevich and Domic available. Which two would you pick?

Or would you go tall if CCJ, Butts or Krueger are still on the table and hope one of the winger/HFF makes it another 10 picks?

What chance do we have of landing one of Miers and Ryan?

I feel like this year, based on our DFA/FA/trading, where we can really go high risk/high reward.... What players fit in to this category?

Look forward to the drunken draft night podcast!

What is the percentage likelihood of grainy footage of Portia, Macca or Mish jogging laps of the table, with pants around their ankles emerging sometime in the wee hours of Saturday morning?

I’ve got a ticket to the draft and my other half has her work Christmas show on that evening so I’ve got a leave pass.

Is it worth going or should I just get pissed at home listening to the Macca and Portia draft special?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Join myself, Portia and missionpossible tonight from 8pm at https://www.spreaker.com/user/portfanradio as we discuss this years draft. We will do our phantom for the first round then discuss the players likely to be available at our picks and who we may be interested in.

Ask any questions here!

Which player likely to be available at our picks would have best chance of breaking into our best 22 in 2018 and who would they replace? How many picks do you think we'll use (why did we bother to get pick 63 from St Kilda as part of Austin trade if we aren't going to use it) and what player types do you think we will target ? Over the years what's been your proudest Power related draft prediction?

Last edited:
Which draft would be better:

1. Starcevich, Krueger, Ross, Domic.

2. Walker, CCJ, Krueger, Ryan.

And why is it 1? :D

Which player likely to be available at our picks would have best chance of breaking into our best 22 in 2018 and who would they replace? How may picks do you think we'll use (why did we bother to get pick 63 from St Kilda as part of Austin trade if we aren't going to use it) and what player types do you think we will target ? Over the years what's been your proudest Power related draft prediction?
update: Geoff Parker just said on radio later picks more for players with "projected" skill set the club requires rather than proven "production". Did not go into specific types being targeted other than outside run needed. Reluctantly mentioned only further DFA likely to be signed is Lindsay Thomas (I read Michael Close training with Hawthorn). Didn't rule out using 5 picks but sensibly playing cards very close to chest.

Not sure if you've got time for this but here's a general recruiting question. Is it better to recruit "role" players or "complete" players? Before answering consider this - in 2018, would a team of 18 Patrick Dangerfields (possibly most complete current player) beat a team of 17 Patrick Dangerfields + Scott Jones (205cm East Perth ruckman)?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back