Premier Lg EPL Matchday 14 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Ref made a blunder, City copped a bad one, who cares, move on.

With regards to VAR, I’m all for pissing it off and going back to just accepting the refs decision, because it’s a farce, every week almost every game the talking points are VAR and how this club was shafted etc etc.

Ref made a blunder, City copped a bad one, who cares, move on.

With regards to VAR, I’m all for pissing it off and going back to just accepting the refs decision, because it’s a farce, every week almost every game the talking points are VAR and how this club was shafted etc etc.
The problem is due to the 24 hour sports news cycle now and social media, people will harp on about decisions and thats how VAR came to be. It's similar in the AFL and how rules change because of whinging rather than necessity.

But VAR is working well in so many other countries. Can't recall issues like this happening in the WWC or the Mens WC. Why is it CONSTANTLY English VAR and English officials where there are frequently and constantly so many * ups.

Is this sarcasm?

Said everyone.

chef please lock the thread, this topic has been done to death and everyone is in complete denial.
Maybe don't click on the thread if you don't want to read it.

Not sure what denial people are supposed to be in. No-one is calling for anything other than the authorities to provide a bit of clarity on what happened at a key point in the game.

No calls for sackings, no calls for replays, no calls for the result to be overturned. Just a bit of clarity, and a good opportunity to help football supporters understanding of the rules, and ref processes.

I'm not sure why people are trying to turn that into refusing to accept the decision, referee abuse and denial. The decision has been made, the result stands, Hooper will be reffing this Wednesday and going forward.

And not sure why so many are trying to argue against points that no-one is making.

Maybe don't click on the thread if you don't want to read it.

Not sure what denial people are supposed to be in. No-one is calling for anything other than the authorities to provide a bit of clarity on what happened at a key point in the game.

No calls for sackings, no calls for replays, no calls for the result to be overturned. Just a bit of clarity, and a good opportunity to help football supporters understanding of the rules, and ref processes.

I'm not sure why people are trying to turn that into refusing to accept the decision, referee abuse and denial. And not sure why so many are trying to argue against points that no-one is making.
Where have I heard that before...

Anyhow I'm not saying you did, others are in denial that they didn't. No one is saying that the ref can't be scrutinised but we scrutinise them more than any other person involved in football. It's boring, it's done to death, it's not needed and it's forcing people from the game.

And how would they explain that? Can they read the mind of the referee? We can all see the process, the ref played advantage and changed his mind. Unless PGMOL can read his mind then they cannot possibly offer anything more than what we all saw with our own eyes.

Do you think any explanation PGMOL could give would take the heat off a referee who we all know made a mistake? Or is it just to help you sleep at night?

My opinion, and you may disagree is that stopping the abuse of officials is far more important than fans demanding satisfaction by way of explanation for decisions that they do not agree with. The abuse of officials is a cancer on the sport. When fans carry on like they do, and players carry on like they do then you will inevitably see that carry forward to future generations. Having PGMOL put referees under the spotlight because fans cannot handle themselves is absolutely counter intuitive. You cannot ask children to respect the referee whilst also demanding an explanation for every decision you don't like. It's absurd.
I do kinda find it funny that the Diaz goal happened against Spurs and then this mistake happened against Spurs. So twice Spurs have benefited from terrible refereeing decisions and you're like, just chill, leave them alone.

I just wonder how you would be if those things were reversed and you had a legitimate goal ruled out or you had a chance to get a player through one v one right at the end against City. Would it still be just chill, leave them alone.

I do kinda find it funny that the Diaz goal happened against Spurs and then this mistake happened against Spurs. So twice Spurs have benefited from terrible refereeing decisions and you're like, just chill, leave them alone.

I just wonder how you would be if those things were reversed and you had a legitimate goal ruled out or you had a chance to get a player through one v one right at the end against City. Would it still be just chill, leave them alone.

We’ve copped some shockers over the years and what I do is accept that referees are human and then I get on with my life.

I have never demanded a replay or an explanation for a decision.

I am not an infant.

Where have I heard that before...

Anyhow I'm not saying you did, others are in denial that they didn't. No one is saying that the ref can't be scrutinised but we scrutinise them more than any other person involved in football. It's boring, it's done to death, it's not needed and it's forcing people from the game.
Just click on a different thread.

This one would have died a natural death a day ago if it wasn't for people raging about others having the nerve to talk about something happened at a football game on a football discussion board.

We’ve copped some shockers over the years and what I do is accept that referees are human and then I get on with my life.

I have never demanded a replay or an explanation for a decision.

I am not an infant.

Pretty sure no-one has demanded anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just click on a different thread.

This one would have died a natural death a day ago if it wasn't for people raging about others having the nerve to talk about something happened at a football game on a football discussion board.
So it suits you now to do this but when we say the same re: Manchester City and their FFP charges its completely different. Right.

So it suits you now to do this but when we say the same re: Manchester City and their FFP charges its completely different. Right.
I don't think I've ever called for the FFP thread to be locked.

In fact, did I start it?

I don't think I've ever called for the FFP thread to be locked.

In fact, did I start it?
Not the point and you know that. The point was you try to deliberately obfuscate discussion in the FFP thread about city with your LMAO, PMSL and LOL responses and criticise us when we ask for a discussion on a football forum. Yet here you are doing the complete opposite. I have no problem with people having a discussion, this thread has delved into circular arguments and irrelevant twaddle, my point was exactly that in that a player makes a mistake it'd be over in 10 posts, yet here we are 5 pages down and more to go with people unwilling to accept a mistake by a referee and leave it at that.

Not the point and you know that. The point was you try to deliberately obfuscate discussion in the FFP thread about city with your LMAO, PMSL and LOL responses and criticise us when we ask for a discussion on a football forum. Yet here you are doing the complete opposite. I have no problem with people having a discussion, this thread has delved into circular arguments and irrelevant twaddle, my point was exactly that in that a player makes a mistake it'd be over in 10 posts, yet here we are 5 pages down and more to go with people unwilling to accept a mistake by a referee and leave it at that.

Just click on a different thread if you dont like it.

Maybe even the FFP one if that takes your fancy.

Ah now we can't have a discussion, classic moomba 101 when he's backed into a corner.
I'm confused. What are we supposed to be discussing now? I thought you wanted this thread locked?

Anyway, it's clear that my presence in this thread has offended a few so I'll move on.

Fancy posting a summary of our FFP charges, and a defence of our position. Give everyone a bit of a break from constant round and round arguments that go nowhere :D

Zidane98 are you about? :D

I think we are so used to talking about var controversy week to week that it's made ref bashing more pronounced
It's gotten to the point where unless a referee has a 'perfect' game they get slammed by people in the media and fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back