Essendon people tin rattling outside ground next Saturday night

Remove this Banner Ad

Please tell me she barracked for North as a kid!

I've read 4 pages of posts and she's the only thing that interests me. She's a stunner.

I don't see the attraction in her myself.

Daenerys-Targaryen.jpg

Though her brother Julian Assange is a well known North supporter so chances are she's one of us.

Someone photoshop that s**t.

Winter is coming. And so are North.

Struggling to think of anything I care about less. Leave them to ask their own supporters for money, if the club gets a favor in the bank, that's a plus. Saying no would be like refusing to have the opposition membership tent on the bridge, petty and pointless. Just focus on the game, not what gets rattled outside the ground.

I don't see the attraction in her myself.

Daenerys-Targaryen.jpg

Though her brother Julian Assange is a well known North supporter so chances are she's one of us.

Someone photoshop that s**t.

Winter is coming. And so are North.
Christ i started reading these books about 10 years ago.

I think the author has only just finished the final chapter lol.

Is it any good as a series?

Don't know how it compares to the books, I haven't read them. But the first season was sensational. Visually stunning, amazing production.

It's well done. True to the books. Author is in the process of writing the final book.

Don't know how it compares to the books, I haven't read them. But the first season was sensational. Visually stunning, amazing production.
The books were pretty good.

The only issue was the author took about 8 years to write the 4th volume, so I kinda lost track of it.

Things do get a bit long winded at some points. Plenty of good stuff to come though.

Can we get back to how Daenyrs Targeryan (sp?) is almost certainly a North supporter due to her being the sister of Julian Assange.

What a coup it would be for the club if we had Daenrys whateverherface presented David Swallow with his jumper on the Friday of trade week.

Make it happen Euge.

Excellent thread.....all for it, let them rattle tins and beg for money at a North home game hahahaha. Let's do what the Chelsea fans do when 'peasant' scouser Liverpool fans play them at Stamford Bridge, wave wads of cash at them, sing "you'll never get a job" etc etc. The laughs would be priceless.

Seriously how the **** can that club be asking for money off the rank and file when they have so many rich and influential supporters. They've spent up millions getting rid of Knights and putting that dreamteam coaching panel together and now they go tin rattling for an extravagent new home, I'd be furious.......... what was wrong in doing a deal to sort out the bullshit politics and redevelop their spiritual home Windy Hill?

Excellent thread.....all for it, let them rattle tins and beg for money at a North home game hahahaha. Let's do what the Chelsea fans do when 'peasant' scouser Liverpool fans play them at Stamford Bridge, wave wads of cash at them, sing "you'll never get a job" etc etc. The laughs would be priceless.

Seriously how the **** can that club be asking for money off the rank and file when they have so many rich and influential supporters. They've spent up millions getting rid of Knights and putting that dreamteam coaching panel together and now they go tin rattling for an extravagent new home, I'd be furious.......... what was wrong in doing a deal to sort out the bullshit politics and redevelop their spiritual home Windy Hill?

Essendon fans eating rats in their council houses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ideally we would have, but it would have meant relocating the bowls/RSL club and we chose to head out to the freaking airport instead.

If I were you guys I'd tell us to get ****ed. Not sure we've handled any of this situation too well, with really poor supporter interaction, but it will be interesting to see the outcome of this.

Ideally we would have, but it would have meant relocating the bowls/RSL club and we chose to head out to the freaking airport instead.

If I were you guys I'd tell us to get ****ed. Not sure we've handled any of this situation too well, with really poor supporter interaction, but it will be interesting to see the outcome of this.
I think its sad you guys left Windy Hill.

As much as I dislike Essendon, its always great to see clubs maintain their history and traditions.

On balance I suspect we need the money more than them and historically they done us no favours. From memory was it not Essendon that kept North out of the VFL for 10 or more years back in the '20s and '30s? I would say that alone is a good basis for rivalry to this day and given that we are currently in the middle of a debt demolition campaign I would say to Essendon you rattle the tins with us and put all the money towards our debt demolition and we will return the favour once it is paid off.

Even without the rivalry side, I'd be saying no to them.

its round 1, the bridge will be packed and we will be trying to get people to sign up for memberships and making premiership pledges. We don't need their people in the way!!!

but I'm a reasonable man, let them have a lone tin rattler on each bridge :p

Even the most ardent Bomber fan will admit that's been a giant stuff up, asking the fans for $5m and they are hugely behind target.

I gave my $250. Important to note, the club is implying that the funds are needed. They do it to create an urgency and get people to donate.

In reality, if they don't get it (and reports suggest that they've just snuck in 3-4m though rich supporters that they are keeping under their hat); then they'll simply carry the debt themselves. No big deal; they aren't short of a cent when it comes to revenue.

My mail is club is torn between telling the red and black ***** to go and **** themselves and recognising that we're not above asking favours and having a big club owe us one could be very useful down the track.

OP has nailed it. No one at the Kangaroos will like it; but cooler heads will prevail you'd think. As you've said, the Kangaroos are not above asking for favours - stamping your feet and refusing for the sake of it, particularly for a larger club is unlikely to help you in the long term.

I gave my $250. Important to note, the club is implying that the funds are needed. They do it to create an urgency and get people to donate.

In reality, if they don't get it (and reports suggest that they've just snuck in 3-4m though rich supporters that they are keeping under their hat); then they'll simply carry the debt themselves. No big deal; they aren't short of a cent when it comes to revenue.

So they could have gotten the money from 'rich' supporters or they have no problems funding it themselves?

A fool and his money is soon departed!! Only an idiot supporter would throw away money to something for something like this. "We really don't need your money but lets see who is stupid enough to donate."

Let them rattle Sat night - each time one of the Essendon nuff nuffs reach for their pocket you know a village somewhere in the world is short 1 idiot.

On a side note, do those people still approach fans selling raffle tickets wearing home team T Shirts making out they're from the cheer squad but have nothing to do with the club???? :mad:

If you mean the company that sold raffle tickets for the Club, then no they pulled out. The AFL made it too hard for them to continue by stopping them from even standing outside the grounds. As much as some people were against them, they were making big coin for the Club.

So they could have gotten the money from 'rich' supporters or they have no problems funding it themselves?

Maybe for the rich supporters, and most definetely yes for the funding it themselves. They've stated that if they don't reach the target they can still proceed - just means carrying a larger amount of debt for it.

A fool and his money is soon departed!! Only an idiot supporter would throw away money to something for something like this. "We really don't need your money but lets see who is stupid enough to donate."

I gave to this, I also pony up for player sponsorship and a membership. All up I reckon I'm in for $1200 - $1500 a year. Not a massive amount of money mind you; but enough. Perhaps if more supporters of other, less financially secure clubs did the same they wouldn't be so financially challenged?

I certainly don't have an issue with being financially part of the club.

Let them rattle Sat night - each time one of the Essendon nuff nuffs reach for their pocket you know a village somewhere in the world is short 1 idiot.

The relative financial strengths of every single club in the league is a direct result of the number of people willing to part with cash for one reason or another - I'll happily part with the cash to maintain the significant strength Essendon has.

jade_00 said:
I gave to this, I also pony up for player sponsorship and a membership. All up I reckon I'm in for $1200 - $1500 a year. Not a massive amount of money mind you; but enough. Perhaps if more supporters of other, less financially secure clubs did the same they wouldn't be so financially challenged?

I certainly don't have an issue with being financially part of the club.

Cleverly worded jade, but the rabid dislike for North that you display on your own Board makes these comments pretty clear in intent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back