Everton fans thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it looks like the Piennar deal is basically done.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...-transfers-steven-pienaar-has-everton-1191015

While it is not a huge sum to pay, I am still not sure how Tottenham can buy him, hardly play him and then want a profit on the sale back to us.
They had us by the balls both times really. Sell Peanuts or lose him for nothing the first time... Buy Peanuts back or face the wrath of the fans for not signing a player who has starred for us and has begged to come back.

Finally official

Everton have confirmed the permanent return of Steven Pienaar from Tottenham for £4.5million on a four-year deal.
The South Africa international spent the second half of last season on loan at Goodison Park after failing to impress under then-Spurs boss Harry Redknapp.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...2/Steven-Pienaar-signs-Everton-Tottenham.html

Paid 4.5 mil in the end for a player who has done SFA at spurs, but I guess Spurs saw this as an opportunity to make some money, they had what we wanted and stuck to their guns

A win for both clubs really, as the $ he would have been on in terms of wages would have been huge at spurs

Just wish he'd never left in the first place :p

Good that the deal is tied up.
What kind of side would people like to see for next year based on the current squad?

Something like this could be an option........ Although I suspect at the start of the year Moyes will have Osman, Hibbert and Anichebe involved. in starting roles.

HOWARD
NEVILLE JAGIELKA HEITINGA BAINES
GIBSON
GUEYE FELLAINI PIENNAR
NAISMITH JELAVIC

--------------Howard-------------
Hibbert --- Jags -- Distin --- Baines
---------- Fellaini -- Gibson--------
Naismith ----- Barkley ----- Pienaar
------------- Jelavic -------------

With Coleman, Osman, Gueye, Anichebe and Rodders all able to come on. Happy enough for Jonny to start at CB too. But I reckon that side is our best balanced side (Osman in for Barkley would be okay too, I just reckon young Ross could add so much in behind a striker).

--------------Howard-------------
---------- Fellaini -- Gibson--------
Naismith ----- Barkley ----- Pienaar

With Coleman, Osman, Gueye, Anichebe and Rodders all able to come on. Happy enough for Jonny to start at CB too. But I reckon that side is our best balanced side (Osman in for Barkley would be okay too, I just reckon young Ross could add so much in behind a striker).

Fox had a replay of the 4-4 draw with United playing and the team we fielded then would be pretty close to our best

----------Neville -- Gibson--------
Naismith ----- Fellaini ----- Pienaar

Neville provides a lot more than many realise - whether at RB or as a defensive mid

Hibbo, ditto - his crosses in the Man U game were top quality

Ideally we'd have Donovan in our best XI as well :p - rumours are there will be a perma deal happening in the January transfer season, once the MLS season has finished

Well done to Hibbert on the testimonial, good servant of the club. Good finish!
I am still waiting until the season starts before I buy a new kit to make sure the player is still at the club!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Kenwright does not allow all the proceeds of selling Rodwell to be reinvested into the squad their will be riots at Goodison. And not the kind of riots for a Hibbert goal.:mad:

Johnson was asking for too much as his salary, we'll get to use a portion of the rumored 15m, even if it was half i reckon David could find a way better player than Jack on the continent.

He will rot on City's bench, we'll get him back from 5m in about 3 years when he decides he wants regualr football.

Great bit of business by EFC

I just hope we can tie up a couple of deals in the next week.
It will then hopefully give us a bit of a boost going into the season. Our performance in the friendly sat night was nothing short of disgraceful and if we play like that next week we will get destroyed.

A couple of the Everton forums seem fairly certain that Michael Owen is going to be unveiled as a signing in the next couple of days! But this rumour we have heard many times before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back