Eye Rolling Movie Tropes

Remove this Banner Ad

An episode of the night agent illustrates.

1. being followed, make it home. its dark outside. stand near the window with the lights on so everyone can see you
2. laptop opened with classified information. Close laptop. No shut down
3. person falls from 1st storey through glass onto the ground. not a scratch

Only if you’re a damsel in distress or a newb in the woods.
speaking of which/whom. DIDs always find a way to trip over the one single raised piece of paving, a tree root etc. And the assailant who is chasing said DID, carrying a gun and is a trained assassin, somehow misses her. Then as the gap in chase closes, assailant chooses not to shoot but instead engage in hand to hand combat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

speaking of which/whom. DIDs always find a way to trip over the one single raised piece of paving, a tree root etc. And the assailant who is chasing said DID, carrying a gun and is a trained assassin, somehow misses her. Then as the gap in chase closes, assailant chooses not to shoot but instead engage in hand to hand combat.
Whilst it is an extremely eye rolling and overused trope there is some truth to it. Watch this woman try to escape this seal and trip over thin air twice.

And once fallen over the attacker will of course not pounce. But just inch foward grizzling or some dumb s**t while the Attackee, instead of getting back on their feet, inchs backwards on their elbows.
The attacker finally raises their gun to shoot. Looks like it's all over.

Bang!

But hang on... the attacker is falling forward with a stunned look on his face. What the...?

Ohhhhh the gun shot noise was from the injured hero we thought was down for the count. He must have made a miraculous recovery, tracked them down and then fired microseconds before to save the day!

Last edited:
The attacker finally raises their gun to shoot. Looks like it's all over.

Bang!

But hang on... the attacker is falling forward with a stunned look on their face. What the...?

Ohhhhh the gun shot noise was from the injured hero we thought was down for the count. He must have made a miraculous revovery, tracked them down and then fired microseconds before to save the day!
With his eyes half closed, gushing blood and barely a heartbeat.

With his eyes half closed, gushing blood and barely a heartbeat.
Maybe even laying on a gurney, packing heat under the blanket, as I'm sure is common procedure for paramedics, to allow patients to keep their guns as they get treatment and loaded in to an ambulance.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

When you start surveillance on someone they come out of their office,home or restaurant within 5 minutes of you parking

Which is why one of my all-time favourite breaks in scene is in Horrible Bosses:

They rock up to Colin Farrell’s character’s house in broad daylight all hyped up to be doing surveillance and staking the place out, smiles all round, hand rubbing etc.
Cuts to the next scene, exactly the same shot, only it’s dark, they’re all clearly mentally exhausted and fed up.
‘Ooooh this SUCKS how long have we been here?
‘Are we even sure this guy is home?’

Somehow went on a Harry Potter binge on youtube the other day. Couldn't help but notice that every new teacher seemed to know every students name from the moment they walked in their class. I'm pretty sure I've had teachers who went entire semesters without even knowing half their student's names.

Somehow went on a Harry Potter binge on youtube the other day. Couldn't help but notice that every new teacher seemed to know every students name from the moment they walked in their class. I'm pretty sure I've had teachers who went entire semesters without even knowing half their student's names.
To be fair... Magic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back