fair trade for mcintosh

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
he is only worth a 3rd rounder these days, or possibly a late 2nd rounder, and even that is being generous.

Not sure what argument nth could have to why he is worth more considering he has played 8 games in 2 years:confused:, he is relying heavily on his past - in reality Angus Graham has achieved more in 2 years of senior footy.

he is only worth a 3rd rounder these days, or possibly a late 2nd rounder, and even that is being generous.

Not sure what argument nth could have to why he is worth more considering he has played 8 games in 2 years:confused:, he is relying heavily on his past - in reality Angus Graham has achieved more in 2 years of senior footy.
Then why have Geelong stated they want him to be there #1 ruckman? He's contracted and we have no back up so for a 3rd rounder better keeping him as insurance rather than making Geelong stronger.

I don't care if he isn't worth anything. Geelong wants an experience #1 ruckman for a mid third round pick, he has more value to us sitting in the VFL and not making our direct competition stronger and weaken our depth.

McIntosh still provides good insurance for us in case of a ruckman injury or a key forward goes down. His manager said from the start that if a trade can't be made that pleases us then he accepts he will have to play out 2013 with us.

A mid third round pick should get you Angus Graham type quality.

Perhaps realising Geelong only thinks he is worth only a mid table 3rd round pick will give him a dose of reality and decide to stay where he belongs.
He's also taking up a spot on your list, which could be used to take a point on a kid. You never know when you'll pick up the next Boomer, however you do know HMac will do bugger all for you next year in all likelihood and his value will only drop.

I'd rather force him to play out the year in the VFL than go to Geelong for that. We would get more from a free agency compensation in 2014.

wow what a c**ty decision that would be - sure that would inspire the young kids playing in the reserves.... old disgruntled Hamish taking the piss and not giving a heck about you paying him $350+ a year to do heck all

Why the hell would you want to do that to him? Just let his go for whatever if you have no plan to play him!

Then why have Geelong stated they want him to be there #1 ruckman? He's contracted and we have no back up so for a 3rd rounder better keeping him as insurance rather than making Geelong stronger.
all that is great except he wants to leave your club - he doesn't want to be there - and he has came out and said he wants to go to Geelong.

oh.... and your coach doesn't like to play him.

He is definitely going to leave your club this summer. no chance of him spending another season in your vfl side, and if he does - way to go, you just proved to your players that you are a real c**t to anyone who wants to leave, even if the coach refused to play them.

Clearly have NFI when it comes to people management mate. With FA looming, the clubs that let their players move easiest when they are not getting a chance, will be the clubs that have the least defections overall.

Clearly have NFI when it comes to people management mate. With FA looming, the clubs that let their players move easiest when they are not getting a chance, will be the clubs that have the least defections overall.

You clearly have NFI mate he only want to go to Geelong because they have promised the #1 ruck spot to him, yet funnily enough they only value a #1 ruckman as a third rounder?!?!?!?!?! He has a contract so he can deal with it if atrde can't be done.

Sharrod Wellingham a dime a dozen flanker/midfielder just landed Pick 17 and you telling me #1 ruckman, not backup, wouldn't at least be valued between 20-30, not a ridiculous pick 50+?

Geelong are just trying to land him on the cheap. s**t act to go after a guy and tell him you want him to be your #1 ruckman yet not even be realistic at the trade table. As far as Im concerned they can get stuffed for even approaching him if they aren't serious about a fair deal.

mate, ive achieved more in afl footy then what Graham has, and i dont even play, now go away...

No, not at all. Why would we trade a contracted former AA player for a third rounder leaving us exposed if Goldy goes down. It just doesn't make any sense especially given a third rounder is what Angus Graham is apparently worth. I can't see why we'd trade him unless the deal was favourable to us.
1. Free up a list spot to take a punt on a kid.
2. Spend the salary cap on someone else or front load contracts for the future.
3. How long ago was he AA?
4. In all likelihood, neither North nor Geelong will be going for a premiership next year, so what will it really cost you?

Only reason you wouldn't is for backup reasons.

He is comfortably a second rounder. Graham is a spud of the highest order the 8 games hmac played in 2 years were of a higher quality than anything graham has produced his whole career.

I don't rate Graham either - hate the bloke as a player - but in recent years he has done more than Hamish has - fact.

He has cost a few hundred thousand dollars less too - fact

He has played twice as many games in a side that has had as many wins as you - fact.

I would give Graham up for anything, pick in the 50-'s to a 100. Hell, if you could trade rookie selections, i would take them too. you want a pick in the teens or 20's for a 28 year old Hamish who has 8 whooping games to his name in 2 years, and is in his late 20's

Ironically, the roo's are looking at Angus as their Hamish replacement - fact

truth and facts really hurt unreasonable people. The bloke has given good service to your club, do the right thing by him and take a reasonable trade for him. Let him try and recapture something he has obviously lost over the past 2 years with North.

The problem with saying pick 37 is it - when you actually look at the 36 picks before tha, you can't see anyone else wanting to part with that pick to take him. The only other picks that look likely to have a nibble on him is the Dogs pick 41 and the Saints at 53, and even that is debatable.

Pick 55 might be the best anyone is willing to offer - and if you think another season of him playing in the VFL and getting another year slower will add to his value.....good luck to that

44 for Mcintosh is beyond disgraceful. He is worth at least between 20 and 30. Heads should roll at North if their only back up ruckmen is sold off for such a poor price... And to a team that will be competing with them for a top 8 spot.

Caddy nearly returned to Victoria last year for family reasons but a deal with Essendon couldn't be done.

This time the Cats came to the table armed with an ace in the pack - the first-round compensation pick they received for losing Gary Ablett, which the Suns can hold off using until 2014.

Later round draft picks will also be exchanged as part of the deal, which won't be finalised until later in the trade period.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/dep...g-gun-josh-caddy/story-fn69a32t-1226493070725

GC have pick 25.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ironically, the roo's are looking at Angus as their Hamish replacement - fact

truth and facts really hurt unreasonable people. The bloke has given good service to your club, do the right thing by him and take a reasonable trade for him. Let him try and recapture something he has obviously lost over the past 2 years with North.

Don't discount the entire football department losing their jobs at the end of the year.

You clearly have NFI mate he only want to go to Geelong because they have promised the #1 ruck spot to him, yet funnily enough they only value a #1 ruckman as a third rounder?!?!?!?!?! He has a contract so he can deal with it if atrde can't be done.

Sharrod Wellingham a dime a dozen flanker/midfielder just landed Pick 17 and you telling me #1 ruckman, not backup, wouldn't at least be valued between 20-30, not a ridiculous pick 50+?

Geelong are just trying to land him on the cheap. s**t act to go after a guy and tell him you want him to be your #1 ruckman yet not even be realistic at the trade table. As far as Im concerned they can get stuffed for even approaching him if they aren't serious about a fair deal.
He isn't worth a first round draft pick, his 28 with massive injury problems and has achieved nothing in 2 years of football. If you want to treat players at your club like this and demand overs for them or make them stay at your club then you will turn into a footy club that nobody wants to be a part of

He isn't worth a first round draft pick, his 28 with massive injury problems and has achieved nothing in 2 years of football. If you want to treat players at your club like this and demand overs for them or make them stay at your club then you will turn into a footy club that nobody wants to be a part of

If his injury troubles and form were as bad as you say, no-one would be keen to trade for him. If he's worth getting at all, it's because clubs believe he is fit enough to play well and his form this year, just before this injury, was promising. Same reasons we'd be happy to see him stay if no deal gets done. He wants to leave to be more than a backup - a club that promises that won't be worried about past injuries and will know how good he can be again.

Anyway, no rush, we'll see.

If his injury troubles and form were as bad as you say, no-one would be keen to trade for him. If he's worth getting at all, it's because clubs believe he is fit enough to play well and his form this year, just before this injury, was promising. Same reasons we'd be happy to see him stay if no deal gets done. He wants to leave to be more than a backup - a club that promises that won't be worried about past injuries and will know how good he can be again.

Anyway, no rush, we'll see.
Thats very poor logic. Maybe teams would be willing to trade a low pick for an injury prone player. Just because someone wants to trade for him does not mean he is super fit again. And even if he was super fit anyway, the fact he will be 29 next year means that he is not worth a first round draft pick.

He's also taking up a spot on your list, which could be used to take a point on a kid. You never know when you'll pick up the next Boomer, however you do know HMac will do bugger all for you next year in all likelihood and his value will only drop.

McIntosh is likely to do sfa but we can't go into a season with only one ruckman who has played any football on the list when you want to make the top 8. If he goes down we are boned.

I don't mind speculation picks, we have turned a lot of them into decent players, but we are have 2 already (our 2nd and 3rd round picks) and we have a number of fringe players that are possibly looking for more opportunity that will likely be traded for a speculation pick so I think we will have enough of those types of picks.

The list space is not so much an issue, I think McKinley will likely be delisted while Garlett, Greenwood, Pedersen and Warren may be looking for more opportunity as well depending on what else happens. I think we will have a pretty good look at 5 or so new faces.

McIntosh is a good backup and we would likely have to cough up more than what we will get for him for another backup ruckman. So, I just rather we hold on to him and see if Daw extracts the digit or not, if he does then McIntosh goes possibly, if Daw is no good then perhaps we can work something with McIntosh next year.

If he was just going to be a list clogger on Geelong's list I wouldn't care what we got for him but they want him to move in and take over first ruck and they are going to pay him what we have him contracted for which isn't cheap. That doesn't suggest a 3rd round pick to me, not given he might play 4 or 5 years. What they want they are not paying for so I feel the deal isn't right. There just seems too big a variance for what they want and what they are prepared to pay, he isn't a s**t ruckman just because we have someone better.

If we will do the deal it will just be out of pity for McIntosh and I don't think that should be the reason you deal when he has value.

McIntosh is likely to do sfa but we can't go into a season with only one ruckman who has played any football on the list when you want to make the top 8. If he goes down we are boned.

I don't mind speculation picks, we have turned a lot of them into decent players, but we are have 2 already (our 2nd and 3rd round picks) and we have a number of fringe players that are possibly looking for more opportunity that will likely be traded for a speculation pick so I think we will have enough of those types of picks.

The list space is not so much an issue, I think McKinley will likely be delisted while Garlett, Greenwood, Pedersen and Warren may be looking for more opportunity as well depending on what else happens. I think we will have a pretty good look at 5 or so new faces.

McIntosh is a good backup and we would likely have to cough up more than what we will get for him for another backup ruckman. So, I just rather we hold on to him and see if Daw extracts the digit or not, if he does then McIntosh goes possibly, if Daw is no good then perhaps we can work something with McIntosh next year.

If he was just going to be a list clogger on Geelong's list I wouldn't care what we got for him but they want him to move in and take over first ruck and they are going to pay him what we have him contracted for which isn't cheap. That doesn't suggest a 3rd round pick to me, not given he might play 4 or 5 years. What they want they are not paying for so I feel the deal isn't right. There just seems too big a variance for what they want and what they are prepared to pay, he isn't a s**t ruckman just because we have someone better.

If we will do the deal it will just be out of pity for McIntosh and I don't think that should be the reason you deal when he has value.
Lol 4-5 years. Make it 1-2. Anything beyond that is a bonus. Also how can you possibly use the fact that we are going to pay him his large salary as justification for giving you a higher pick. The fact we agree to pay it and get it off your books is a reason why the pick should be lower.

wow what a c**ty decision that would be - sure that would inspire the young kids playing in the reserves.... old disgruntled Hamish taking the piss and not giving a **** about you paying him $350+ a year to do **** all

Why the hell would you want to do that to him? Just let his go for whatever if you have no plan to play him!

He made an agreement, that is why. When Laidley wanted to piss him off he didn't want to go, the contract saved his ass. The contract saves our ass. If he was going to bolt as soon as the going got tough he should have said something before we pushed Hale out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back